Most unusual item in your collection.
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:55 pm 

Now that you guys are mentioning it. I think I have seen one of those too. I heard some good folks call it a speed demon. It was well used and looked pretty rusty. :D   Adam

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 9:12 pm 

I am not a very good photographer, but here is a pic of my Rust Monster.  Error 404 - Not found  I do not remember the other monsters, but I guess I will have to start looking for them now :?  grrr

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 12:37 am 

Yup, that's the guy.    I shot the pix and slaped em up, so it's nothin' special. Here they are: the rest Yahoo! GeoCities: Get a web site with easy-to-use site building tools. umber-hulk-type-guy and rust monster Yahoo! GeoCities: Get a web site with easy-to-use site building tools. bullettes & others  Yahoo! GeoCities: Get a web site with easy-to-use site building tools.  I know the collection is two complete bags -  I lost none over the years.  I think I got two bags worth because I have doubles of most. (not pictured)

There is no edition but first.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 2:26 am 

Nice pictures Jacobite. Cool items. Are they licensed by Tsr or are they bootlegs, etc???  Oh I have a unusual item to share. I saw a Tsr Halloween Skeleton of Sith costume and mask on ebay. It looked pretty neat. I'll post a link soon.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 8:05 pm 

Hey guys here is the link to the Tsr Halloween costume:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 50369&rd=1  Also here are some Tsr cartoon story books or something like that made in Holland. They look pretty cool, but the seller was in the Netherlands. Shipping would have been pretty expensive:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 00428&rd=1  Anyone else besides myself think that merchandise like the two items above are pretty neat?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 8:17 pm 

Jacobite,  The oriiginals of those toys pre-date the rust monster, bullette, and others and were in fact the inspiration (for the art, at least) for those critters. You could buy them as I think you still can -- in mixed bags of plastic monsters. We used to use them as miniatures in the game.  David "Zeb" Cook  PS. Hello all, interesting forum.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 8:22 pm 

Zeb or Jacobite, if you can, what company made these? Also is there a copyright date? Are they out of print or still in print. Your post Zeb made it seem like you can still buy these?  Can you show originals that pre date the bulette, etc? I'm curious what they look like.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 10:46 pm 

Sorry, the only notation on any of them is   MADE IN  HONG KONG  Although I think I bought them in the U.P. of Michigan in the early 80s.  Hey, Mr. Cook - love your old work/fantastic stuff/blah blah blah...

There is no edition but first.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 11:50 pm 

I could see some of those nasty monsters inhabiting The Isle of Dread. :wink:   Adam

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:08 am 

I could see those same very monsters inhabiting the Book of Lairs II,

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:16 pm 

Hey guys, their is a Tsr Wallet on ebay if anyone is interested in obtaining one.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 9:39 pm 

Wow!  D&D cereal! :lol:   http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=10788  Obviously the price is baloney but who knew? BTW, I still have yet to see a D&D lunchbox. :)   Adam

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:34 am 

HOLY **** I thought I had heard/seen it all! Ridiculous price on that or that would be in my collection already!  Now I wonder if D&D condoms exist? If it does, that would be the most unusual and weirdest item of all! Hey if Star Wars condoms exists, D&D condoms must too so I'll keep looking! 8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:37 pm 

Here is another unusual item...  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=1183  Again, the price is baloney but it sure is cool. TSR was such a high class company to give out paperweights to its employees for an anniversary :lol: . I was high bidder on one of these a couple of years back (like $25) and the seller disappeared after the auction so I never got it :cry: .  Adam

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:30 pm 

Well, just to keep this thread from dying....  I dug around my office some and came up with a few unusual items (I think).  Mind you, I don't consider myself a collector. This is just stuff I have.     Planescape metal box with a resin-cast Lady of Pain on the lid (English license, I think)     Lady of Pain belt buckle (I'm told if you sit down while wearing it, you'll know why she's called the lady of pain)     Several old folders -- one red sales folder with Morley on the cover, a TSR Periodicals folder with a woman and dragon on front (signed Barnes)     The original maquette for the aboleth toy (that's around here somwhere)     A stack of various TSR calendars, most still in shrink wrap     A TSR belt buckle with the circle wizard logo.     A TSR pewter chess set (I think only 400 were made, I could be wrong)     10th anniversary pewter chalice (it says so, right on the bottom, needs some repair)  There may be more odds and ends around here, I really don't have time to look through old boxes.  zeb

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:00 pm 

Hi Zeb,  I have the Lady of Pain resin cast lapel pin offered at Gen Con 94 I think. Its neat.  Several of your items sound very cool. I have yet to see a pict of the chess set. I would like to if you could post it here. :D   Later. Adam

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:30 am 

Hey Zeb, if you can, please post pictures of some of those items. I would especially like to see the following:  Lady of Pain belt buckle Tsr Pewter Chess Set AND  Maquette of the Aboleth!  When might you be auctioning all these unusual items? I'd love to get the lady of pain belt buckle and maquette of the aboleth!!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 9:12 pm 

OK, maybe not as odd as the D&D plates and napkins:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=2545

PreviousNext