Most unusual item in your collection.
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 5:46 pm 

Just curious about what unusual items others have in their collection. This topic shall not be limited to printed material we are all familiar with on this Site. Perhaps this will spur interest in certain items.  My item might have to be the TSR belt buckle with the face logo on it I bought from Tom Wham. I will have to think about it a little more though.  Adam

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 6:48 pm 

I've got a promo set of 6 TSR phonecards issued by British Telecom some years ago.  Some D&D holograms issued in breakfast cereal many years ago.  Also a marked "Wand of Long Blue Line Generation" (a pen) for D&D.  Cheers, Malcolm

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 7:54 pm 

I posted this in the introduction as well but here goes:  WhenScott started the multi-language version on the Acaeum, I contacted the old Dutch publisher for some info on the Dutch line of D&D. They sent me a package full of surprises, including:   - shrinkwrapped dutch D&D box with 3 shrinkwrapped modules  - original D&D promo material  - around 12 original negatives used for the actual printing of the dutch modules (and some other international products as well!)! These include a few pictures of very famous Larry Elmore pieces and an AMAZING A4-sized negative of a Jeff Easley painting, which I still haven't found on the internet! I'll post a scan when I'm able to scan the negative.  With the negatives were also original white sheets with writings about the print-size, etc... really cool, considering the products where produced in the mid-80's...  The negatives are beatiful to look at and I guess they're really unusual items in a D&D collection (or does anyone else have 'developer'-items?)  R out

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:26 pm 

This is going to be a interesting topic to follow up on. I too am interested in what unusual items many collectors have.   I'd say an unusual item of mine that I have is the   AD&D First Quest Promotion Advertisement Pack which includes a tape. This was in 1994 I believe. People should not get this confused with the First Quest box set which includes a cd on how to play, etc. This item came in an envelope which had some brochures and a promotional tape which gave you an example of how to play dungeons and dragons.   I bought this from a person and from what I can recollect, he saw an advertisement on tv or a magazine and sent tsr a letter about this item. They in turn sent him an envelope with some catalogs, a tape, and a coupon for a few dollars off on the first quest box set.  Pretty cool and weird item. If I find anymore info, I'll post it here.  Time to check what other neat goodies I have :-)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:06 pm 

I think my most unusual item is probably my "TSR Periodicals" folder, gotten from a collector in Chicago by mail order years ago.  The art on the front is of a huge dragon eye, surrounded by green scales, hornlets, etc.; that wraps around to the rear, with a scantily-clad female with silvery-gray skin, a funky B5-shadow-like helm, and long, long black hair.    It's pretty old, I would guess, since the inner right page folder is labelled "The Dragon."  It says "Barnes" in the lower left back corner, but the art loks like Darlene's style to me.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 3:29 pm 

..I guess this is an easy one for me..  Most unusual item:  My first print PHB with white flyleaf (instead of yellow). (Check out my forum topic on this book for more details).  Cheers!  -Bazul  8)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 6:56 am 

My most unusual (A)D&D related item is no book, but game... I have a copy of Eye of the beholder for the Sega CD (16-bit).  An other item I just received is the Kara-Tur boxed set, but I beleave that the Sega CD game is harder to find...  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:41 pm 

Adam---  I don't have a scanner, so not at the moment, no :(  I will be buying a new PC soon, though, so if there are deals/etc. I may buy a scanner as well.  I'll keep you posted.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:01 pm 

Hey Alan, if you want, you could send me the item and I'll scan it for ya.  Since your talking to Adams about deals, etc, when are you gonna make a deal with me about your non tsr stuff for my stuff? :-)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:25 am 

Hey Mike, what makes you think I'm talking to Adam about deals, eh? :->  I'll show you the TSR Periodicals folder when you come down to visit, and we trade off non-TSR stuff for junk I want :-)

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:04 pm 

Hi Alan, don't make me an impossible trade! Treasures of the Dragon Queen is impossible to find for you! We should definitely meet up sometime. Let me know when you can chat again :-)  I just thought of another unusual tsr item that a friend of mine owns:  It is a tsr birthday party pack. Includes cups, hats, and a large table cover.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 6:38 pm 

Hey Allan,  It was good to do that deal to get all of your Non-Tsr stuff. It sure will look swell in my collection :twisted: .  Wow! Birthday party pack. Does it don artwork or just the logo? Hmmm, my birthday is coming up in May.....  Adam

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 6:54 pm 

LOL.  Between the two of you, Mike and Adam, you'll be snapping my bones for the their marrow 20 minutes after my burial ceremony's completed :D

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 8:36 pm 

Hi Allan, I'll be the first person to snap up your bones since I live close to you. Poor Adam will have to rest for seconds while I pick out all the good stuff ;-)  Nooooo don't trade your non tsr items to Adam!! He does not deserve them!!! :twisted:  :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:04 pm 

Heres some more unusual items:  AD&D Alternity Darkmatter Evidence Pack  Small envelope with the words confidential on it and inside are some cards with information about alternity. A promotional item. Pretty neat   AD&D Planescape Faction Pins  15 pins released at gencon to promote planescape back in 1994. Each pin has a logo of a planescape faction.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:27 pm 

Mkman wrote:Heres some more unusual items:  AD&D Alternity Darkmatter Evidence Pack  Small envelope with the words confidential on it and inside are some cards with information about alternity. A promotional item. Pretty neat
 Hey, that's not fair! I just thought I had my Alternity collection almost complete. Now I'll have to find something more...  :(

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:36 pm 

Hi Riezla,  :lol: Looks like your gonna have to find the alternity darkmatter evidence pack to finish off your alternity collection. ITS A REALLY NEAT ITEM!!  Plain weird and cool :P   Pls note there are adv guild modules of alternity like   Interfall Salvage Folds in the Tapestry and MANY MORE   Looks like your alternity collection needs more items now!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:10 pm 

It is not a TSR item, but an item from my childhood (prior to the publication of the 1st ed books).  It is a small hard rubber figure that looks exactly like the Rust Monster in the 1st ed Monster Manual.  You did say unusual...

Next