Sometimes there is joy in Mudville...
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:44 pm 

I think I mentioned getting taken to the cleaners at the local comic/game store after I sold a bunch of old comics to them, yes?

Well that's what happened.  I sold a longbox for $50, went in a few days later and one issue of Cry For Dawn from my box was on the "wall of fame" (comics worth more than $50) for $70.  My Akira ish. #1 was up for $25 on the "high priced" wall.

:roll:

And that's two out of probably a hundred or more. :(

Anyway.

With my WHOPPING FIFTY DOLLAR STORE CREDIT  :roll:  I browsed around a bit and discovered, on their bookshelf, someone had sold their old OAD&D hardback collection.  Haven't gone back for those yet, but I plan on it today or tomorrow.  But the real news was that I discovered a Greyhawk Folio, complete, VG.  What's more, it was REALLY complete: it even had the Minifigs catalogue sheet inside, plus a pack of as-yet-unidentified hex-mapping paper (single sided A4, margin offsets 1/2" on top and bottom, 1/4" on the sides). and 2/3rds of a pack of Armory character sheets and a Monsters & Treasures Assortment #1, Levels 1-3.  The price was $20 and verily I scooped it up.  I've got a spare set of Greyhawk books (no maps, no box) and a spare World of Greyhawk folio booklet (no map, no folio), so coupled all together I've got a double-strength Greyhawk folio set with extra reference material, pristene maps and folder, some brand-new Armory chara. sheets, some mapping paper and an M&T 1-3 which will go in the "sale" pile, and I'll go after the other books later, and add them to the stuff I plan on selling/auctioning/whatever-ing.

All that and I'm flat broke.  Not too shabby, eh?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:50 pm 

very nice.  8)

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:12 am 

Bill---

Check the mapping paper before you use it:  http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/miscpages/dm.html  

If you have the TSR Hex Pads or Hex Sheets rather than the much-more-common Hexagonal Mapping Booklet then you've found quite the steal and can sell them on eBay to get even with the store owner for the lame offer on your comics.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:30 am 

grodog wrote:Bill---

Check the mapping paper before you use it:  http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/miscpages/dm.html  

If you have the TSR Hex Pads or Hex Sheets rather than the much-more-common Hexagonal Mapping Booklet then you've found quite the steal and can sell them on eBay to get even with the store owner for the lame offer on your comics.

That's a nice thought but given that the hex pad/sheets/whatever I have are separated, no SW or anything I doubt that.  I of course won't dismiss it out of hand, mind you, and if I can maybe provide a little information to the Acaeum database by way of examining the sheets for them then great.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:02 am 

I know I have some sheets of this hex paper from back in the day....a TSR wizard logo was on it, right?

Is a bundle of 10 or so sheets worth anything?  I think I paid a dollar or something like that for it.  Expensive, at the time.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:11 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:I know I have some sheets of this hex paper from back in the day....a TSR wizard logo was on it, right?

Is a bundle of 10 or so sheets worth anything?  I think I paid a dollar or something like that for it.  Expensive, at the time.

Mark   8)

Not on the ones I have.  There's nothing on these, nothing at all.  In fact they're single-sided.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:58 pm 

DungeonDelver wrote:I think I mentioned getting taken to the cleaners at the local comic/game store after I sold a bunch of old comics to them, yes?

Well that's what happened.  I sold a longbox for $50, went in a few days later and one issue of Cry For Dawn from my box was on the "wall of fame" (comics worth more than $50) for $70.  My Akira ish. #1 was up for $25 on the "high priced" wall.

:roll:

And that's two out of probably a hundred or more. :(

Anyway.

With my WHOPPING FIFTY DOLLAR STORE CREDIT  :roll:  I browsed around a bit and discovered, on their bookshelf, someone had sold their old OAD&D hardback collection.  Haven't gone back for those yet, but I plan on it today or tomorrow.  But the real news was that I discovered a Greyhawk Folio, complete, VG.  What's more, it was REALLY complete: it even had the Minifigs catalogue sheet inside, plus a pack of as-yet-unidentified hex-mapping paper (single sided A4, margin offsets 1/2" on top and bottom, 1/4" on the sides). and 2/3rds of a pack of Armory character sheets and a Monsters & Treasures Assortment #1, Levels 1-3.  The price was $20 and verily I scooped it up.  I've got a spare set of Greyhawk books (no maps, no box) and a spare World of Greyhawk folio booklet (no map, no folio), so coupled all together I've got a double-strength Greyhawk folio set with extra reference material, pristene maps and folder, some brand-new Armory chara. sheets, some mapping paper and an M&T 1-3 which will go in the "sale" pile, and I'll go after the other books later, and add them to the stuff I plan on selling/auctioning/whatever-ing.

All that and I'm flat broke.  Not too shabby, eh?

What place in CFL took your comics??

And where'd you find oop d&d stuff?  I've checked the palces you recommended, they never have anything...  :(

There are no bad editions of D&D, just Boring Players and Unimaginative DMs.