Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:47 pm 

oh go on.  :twisted:

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:48 pm 

red_bus wrote:oh go on.  :twisted:

I don't think that you really want to know. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:49 pm 

No, they do indeed remove listings on their own. They have pulled mine on several occasions when I stated that I couldn't accept credit cards via Paypal.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:58 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:No, they do indeed remove listings on their own. They have pulled mine on several occasions when I stated that I couldn't accept credit cards via Paypal.

Thats because someone reported you too Frank, I guarantee it.  :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:11 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I hate to break it to you Tim, but EBay didn't remove those listings on thier own, someone reported you and thats why Ebay took tehm down. Now I wonder who would do such a thing?  I have my suspicions but I wont say...............

Really! That's not something I would have expected from here. You don't think eBay would have picked that sort of thing up?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:14 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:I hate to break it to you Tim, but EBay didn't remove those listings on thier own, someone reported you and thats why Ebay took tehm down. Now I wonder who would do such a thing?  I have my suspicions but I wont say...............

Really! That's not something I would have expected from here. You don't think eBay would have picked that sort of thing up?

Paypal "service charges" do bother me, but not enough to report an auction...just enough to bid 2% less that I already do. ;)

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:24 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:

EBay can't find its own ass with a highlighted map. :roll:

And I can't tell you how many auctions that include the same notices that don't get taken down.  Trust me, someone reported it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:10 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:

EBay can't find its own ass with a highlighted map. :roll:

And I can't tell you how many auctions that include the same notices that don't get taken down.  Trust me, someone reported it.

BC is right.  The chances some Ebay employee chanced across the listing and found it was illegal is infintesimal.  They rely on reports from Ebay users to police their listings, I've been told that verbatim from Ebay employees.

Mike B.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:15 pm 

I
hate to break it to you Tim, but EBay didn't remove those listings on thier own, someone reported you and thats why Ebay took tehm down. Now I wonder who would do such a thing? I have my suspicions but I wont say...............

EBay can't find its own ass with a highlighted map.  

And I can't tell you how many auctions that include the same notices that don't get taken down. Trust me, someone reported it.

BC is right.  The chances some Ebay employee chanced across the listing and found it was illegal is infintesimal.  They rely on reports from Ebay users to police their listings, I've been told that verbatim from Ebay employees.

Now who do you suppose that might be? As I don't have but one slightly possible "enemy"(not so much enemy as a sorry individual having an irrational animus against me from BITD), at least that I know of, what do you suppose prompted this? I have long resisted going public with information that would contradict some dubious claims made in recent years. One of the reasons I have declined so many requests for interviews is that I won't speak anything but the truth as I know it, but I don't have the time, interest or inclination to get into a peurile pissing contest. The one possibility that I can think of is childish and petty enough, though...

The only reason I could think of to get me pulled is I was competing...? I don't think RJK would be so underhanded; when I knew him and worked with him, he had too much class for this...

Well, if you are reading this now, you despicable, mentally defective and loathsome slug , go back to playing with yourself. Get a life, you wretch.  Anyone that would do this deserves to catch a most hideous affliction, maybe something that would make you break out in scabrous patches and oozing boils.

Nemesis of the Annoyingly Dense
Guidelines, not rules...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:23 pm 

Kaskoid wrote:Now who do you suppose that might be? As I don't have but one slightly possible "enemy"(not so much enemy as a sorry individual having an irrational animus against me from BITD), at least that I know of, what do you suppose prompted this?

I doubt it was anything personal against you.  It was probably just random Ebay surfer who noticed the bit about a Paypal surcharge.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:29 pm 

I doubt it was anything personal against you. It was probably just random Ebay surfer who noticed the bit about a Paypal surcharge.

Right... and next we'll be getting dive-bombed by flying swine and living on The Big Rock Candy Mountain...

No personal offense intended; I just find it hard to credit that some altruistic eBayer chanced onto all 17 listings...

Guidelines, not rules...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:33 pm 

NetRodent wrote:
Kaskoid wrote:Now who do you suppose that might be? As I don't have but one slightly possible "enemy"(not so much enemy as a sorry individual having an irrational animus against me from BITD), at least that I know of, what do you suppose prompted this?

I doubt it was anything personal against you.  It was probably just random Ebay surfer who noticed the bit about a Paypal surcharge.

I am a cynic, but I suspect something far more sinster than that.........

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:43 pm 

I doubt it had anything to do with Paul and RJK's auctions.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:48 pm 

I don't think RJK would be so underhanded; when I knew him and worked with him, he had too much class for this...

Read all the way through my posts, please.

Guidelines, not rules...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:51 pm 

Kaskoid wrote:No personal offense intended; I just find it hard to credit that some altruistic eBayer chanced onto all 17 listings...

None taken.  I don't know much about how Ebay handles complaints, but seems reasonable to assume that they'd check all of your items because if you mention a paypal surcharge in one auction, you probably mention in it all.  It seems they have two standards for abuse reporting.  Abuse that doesn't cut into their profits (ie illegal pdfs) and abuse that does (ie paypal surcharges).  Its only logical they'd be more proactive in removing auctions that cut into their profits.

Of course it could be something sinster as well...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:16 pm 

Kaskoid wrote:
I don't think RJK would be so underhanded; when I knew him and worked with him, he had too much class for this...

Read all the way through my posts, please.

8O Did you just quote yourself, and then give yourself a reprimand for not reading your own posts? 8O

(Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:21 am 

I guess some listings were removed more than once?  I bid on this lot the first time it went up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8792225932

When I found out the listing was removed and then put back up yesterday I bid on it again.  I checked Ebay this morning and I was no longer bidding on anything.  There was no email from Ebay stating the listing was removed a second time.  I guess I will wait a few more days before attempting another bid just in case.  :?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:56 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote: So, would it technically NOT be against ebay policy to list something with a $5.00 Handling Fee on top of the actual ship cost, but then post a message that you will "Waive" the handling fee if the buyer pays with a Check or Money order?

I do this, and get confirmation from eBay themselves that this is absolutely legal for them: a discount on shipping handling fees if you are paying by check instead of Paypal.

eBay and Paypal policies are somewhat stranges about this since if the seller surcharges Paypal payment with % fees, Paypal get this surcharge and get taxes on this surcharge so more money for them...

PreviousNext