Very Interesting Items
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:56 pm 

The following will take you to one of the goodies in my lot; there are 16 more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Sorry guys; something I put in the ads was interpreted to be "an attempt to circumvent fees", which is a crock.

I'm not trying to screw anybody out of anything.

All items have been relisted. I apologize for the hassles.

Nemesis of the Annoyingly Dense
Guidelines, not rules...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:01 pm 

Kaskoid wrote:The following will take you to one of the goodies in my lot; there are 16 more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... otohosting

I promised you I would let you know immediately

(the other ref. sheets, Tim... take my word on that :))

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:06 pm 

Jeebus.  I assumed all of that stuff would be gone already.  Now I'm gonna get my hopes up.  :)

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:07 pm 

Nice listings, btw... :D
(And sharper pics as well!)

Good luck with all those sales.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:16 pm 

This probably should be under Interesting Items.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:23 pm 

If it would be more appropriate under Interesting... Go ahead and move it if it can be done.

Guidelines, not rules...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:32 pm 

faro wrote:
Kaskoid wrote:The following will take you to one of the goodies in my lot; there are 16 more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... otohosting

I promised you I would let you know immediately

(the other ref. sheets, Tim... take my word on that :))

i.e. per viewtopic.php?p=50009&highlight=#50009 (and further down that page), you already had the correct 4th print ref sheets with the 4th print books, last time.

No probs if splitting those was a deliberate decision.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:48 am 

OOOps. I changed them back. Thanks for the tip.

Guidelines, not rules...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:45 am 

Looks like some of them have been removed by eBay for "violating policies", though it didn't tell me which ones.   :roll:

Let me know when they're back up, please.

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:27 am 

Howdy,

Sorry Tim. I was going to mention this but it appears I am too late:

You can't charge a fee for using PayPal. It's against eBay policy and it is illegal to put a surcharge on credit card transactions in most states.

Bummer.

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:31 pm 

As has been pointed out, I screwed up some listings; I did fix about half before they were bid on. I have sent apologies to all the bidders thus affected.

As soon as eBay knocks them down again, I will re-post.

I get so tired of PayPal siphoning off so much of my money for doing nothing more than moving bytes around. I tried to get back some. I remember it used to happen; that must have been before eBay bought PayPal.

Like these guys aren't RICH ENOUGH already; listing fees on the one end, and a percentage skimmed off of the other. Damn, isn't there something intrinsically gouge-like to this? I expect to get bent over once in a while, but everytime? What happened to lube?

Guidelines, not rules...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:19 pm 

The Collector's Trove wrote:You can't charge a fee for using PayPal. It's against eBay policy and it is illegal to put a surcharge on credit card transactions in most states.

As far as I know its not illegal to put a surcharge on credit card transactions, but it does violate most, if not all, merchant account agreements.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:22 pm 

NetRodent wrote:As far as I know its not illegal to put a surcharge on credit card transactions, but it does violate most, if not all, merchant account agreements.

It is a breach of your contract with PayPal. It violates PayPal's policy.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:46 pm 

NetRodent wrote:
The Collector's Trove wrote:You can't charge a fee for using PayPal. It's against eBay policy and it is illegal to put a surcharge on credit card transactions in most states.

As far as I know its not illegal to put a surcharge on credit card transactions, but it does violate most, if not all, merchant account agreements.

It may violate these stupid merchant agreements but some places give you discounts if you use cash to get around those agreements.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:00 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
NetRodent wrote:

It may violate these stupid merchant agreements but some places give you discounts if you use cash to get around those agreements.

Hmm, that is interesting.  So, would it technically NOT be against ebay policy to list something with a $5.00 Handling Fee on top of the actual ship cost, but then post a message that you will "Waive" the handling fee if the buyer pays with a Check or Money order?

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:08 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:
Blackmoor wrote:
NetRodent wrote:

Hmm, that is interesting.  So, would it technically NOT be against ebay policy to list something with a $5.00 Handling Fee on top of the actual ship cost, but then post a message that you will "Waive" the handling fee if the buyer pays with a Check or Money order?

Actually it would be even easier to offer a 2-3% discounted if paying by cash or Money order (something like that).  Stay away from that handling fee, sounds to much like a paypal surcharge>

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:35 pm 

Seeing as a large proportion of transactions are concluded by PayPal, and eBay own PayPal, if the discount for cash thing was not against eBay policy, and it looked like it was going to catch on, eBay would soon quash it. It is their business we are all using. Otherwise we'd be using Yahoo! or any of the other auction houses.

I see nothing anti-competative or immoral in the way they do business. They conduct their business in the same manner, and to the same rules, as the rest of the western world. I just factor it into the way I buy and sell just like when I buy something in any other shop in the world, or sell something that goes through my business, I pay charges for that.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:42 pm 

Kaskoid wrote:As has been pointed out, I screwed up some listings; I did fix about half before they were bid on. I have sent apologies to all the bidders thus affected.

As soon as eBay knocks them down again, I will re-post.

I get so tired of PayPal siphoning off so much of my money for doing nothing more than moving bytes around. I tried to get back some. I remember it used to happen; that must have been before eBay bought PayPal.

Like these guys aren't RICH ENOUGH already; listing fees on the one end, and a percentage skimmed off of the other. Damn, isn't there something intrinsically gouge-like to this? I expect to get bent over once in a while, but everytime? What happened to lube?

:evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  

I hate to break it to you Tim, but EBay didn't remove those listings on thier own, someone reported you and thats why Ebay took tehm down. Now I wonder who would do such a thing?  I have my suspicions but I wont say...............

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Next