Kuo Poll
Poll: Like Frank posting or dislike Frank posting

Like Frank posting on forums 29%       29%  [ 2 ]
Dislike Frank posting on forums 71%       71%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 7

Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:53 pm 

Seeing as Frank is the talk of the forums, lets have a poll.

The poll is, who here likes Deadlord36 (Frank) posting or dislikes him posting?

Come one, come all, get your votes in!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:07 am 

Hi All,

why isnt there an "I don't give a damn" option?

Its been a long-held belief in the the rpg world that some of the "american collectors" hate each other, but this is starting to get on my nerves a bit guys.

So Franks a bit dodgy. Big deal. We know it. He knows it. He's the Arfur Daley of the rpg world.

At least if he's here we can rip the p*ss out of him. :)

Cheers,

Malcolm

PS if you need a translation for any of the above, please ask. I am not sure whats UK slang and whats more general.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:46 am 

Put my vote in that category too.

Ah Arfur Daley.

That takes me back a bit...Sunday night watching Minder

Is George Cole still alive? A great actor even way back in the St Trinians movies.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:39 am 

why isnt there an "I don't give a damn" option?

How about a 'Dislike Mike Posting' one.

or 'Ban Mike from creating Polls' :lol:  :lol:

In all seriousness, flamewars are just childish.  The age of individuals (or should I say the maturity of individuals) found in this forum should keep it out of the fray.  At least I hope.

-Len

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:44 am 

Thank you, SKA. If you read my other posts, I've been trying to put and end to these games for a while now.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:51 pm 

I am not trying to stir the pot any further because I do not see that this accomplishes anything. I think it has been made clear what Frank has been doing. People are aware of it and his auctions will suffer for it. However, trying to start an "I hate Frank" club will do nothing because no matter what, he is free to post here because this is (and always will be, I hope) an open forum. Let's say that every member of this forum agrees Frank should not post, he still can, will, and should.

It is against ebay policy to warn buyers away from sellers, within the framework of ebay's email system, and people really should not do that because the feedback system is designed to deal with bad users. If ebay has chosen to ignore his conduct (or if he has suspended such practices, after all, it is out in the open now), then that is up to ebay. However, we can and should make people aware within the confines of this forum, and we have.

If Frank wishes to post about Dungeons and Dragons or any information/opinions he may have, that is his right in an open forum. However, if he chooses to unfairly accuse people of certain conduct, and I am contrary to his opinion, then I will be the first to say something.

-PD

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:58 pm 

The Deadlord incident has offered me some valuable insight on the RPG collecting circus and the mechanisms of an open forum. To all those involved: Thanks for your opinions, gentleman. The further development will be interesting to watch.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:27 pm 

Besides, what are we supposed to do if/when Frank gets something one of us REALLY REALLY wants?  You know its bound to happen...  lets face it, there is ALWAYS something out there that we're willing to compromise for.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:36 pm 

DM's copy of C2, perhaps? I'd rather have the numbered version, but this one was a steal.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.