The Collector's Trove: Robert J. Kuntz Collection
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:27 am 

Another missing image Paul:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 4&rd=1&ssp agename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:13 am 

Howdy,

grodog wrote:Another missing image Paul:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 4&rd=1&ssp agename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1

Fixed! Thanks Allan.

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:35 pm 

There was a discussion over on K&K (offline ATM) about the Greyhawk Castle maps. Someone pointed out that some levels (Machine Level, Bottle City Level) were more famous than others and that is why they command high prices.

I'm curious. More famous how? What do they appear in? Are they in the Greyhawk novels or what?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:25 pm 

That may have been me, Ian.  Rob mentioned some general info on the various levels as part of his annotated bibliography on my site and Canonfire! @ http://www.canonfire.com/cfhtml/modules ... le&sid=125

The "Tsojcanth" level of El Raja Key, for example, was made famous in the tourney and S4 adventures.

The Machine Level was mentioned in an early issue of TD by Jim Ward, although I don't recall the issue number offhand.  

I think that Bottle City was mentioned in some Oerth Journal or Greytalk interviews/stories/etc., perhaps, but with the Greytalk Archive offline that's impossible to research at present.

I'm sure that "famous" in many cases applies to the Greyhawk community specifically rather than to D&D fandom/collectordom at large:  few folks outside of GH forums would have known of Bottle City prior to the auction, for example.

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:29 am 

congratulations to david & allan for their great wins tonight !

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:42 am 

stratochamp wrote:congratulations to david & allan for their great wins tonight !

Hiya Bill! Thank you. :)

Oh boy, you were here, there and everywhere (loved it when the bidding on "Earth Temple of Rehpog" suddenly jumped from almost nowhere to within a few dollars of my limit, btw *g*).
Was half-wishing you'd won a few more items of that list (and not just to save my credit card), but nonetheless a good chunk of the "history" of Kalibruhn, in passing. Enjoy the reading on that! :D I'll try looking over your shoulders...

Oh, and btw, very belated congrats on the City of Greyhawk notes from last time around.
Can't blame you for not getting back to me on that after I discovered the "hidden secrets" therein (post-auction). That one's a gem! ;)

=

Allan; good luck picking up the rest of Castle Greyhawk should EGG wish to part with that, some time...

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:34 am 

Howdy All,

Nice bidding everyone! David and Allan wow! You guys really cleaned up.

Rob passes on his thanks for another great round of auctions.

Will be invoicing over the next day or so.

Again congratulations to the victors!

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:35 am 

stratochamp wrote:congratulations to david & allan for their great wins tonight !

Thanks Bill =)  

I was truthfully very surprised to win as much as I did, in particular the Castle Greyhawk levels, which I thought would hit $1500+ for sure.  (edit - not that I'm complaining, mind you ;) ).

A few of the early items ended up going for just over what I'd bid for them (in particular the history of the development of Greyhawk essay), but I began to get worried on prices and started "letting things go" in my head (and bids) thinking that the fighting at the end for the big items would be more intense than it was.  C'est la vie :D

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:37 am 

faro wrote:Oh, and btw, very belated congrats on the City of Greyhawk notes from last time around.   Can't blame you for not getting back to me on that after I discovered the "hidden secrets" therein (post-auction). That one's a gem! ;)

Oh, do tell, please? :D

faro wrote:Allan; good luck picking up the rest of Castle Greyhawk should EGG wish to part with that, some time...

LOL.  I better start saving now, I think ;)

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:25 pm 

bbarsh wrote:
mud2guard wrote:The manuscript for "WG5 lost city of the Elders" looks like a real gem, crying out to be turned into a polished version. Is there any chance this could be turned into a published module or get into dungeon? Even if someone got all the manuscriipts they'd find it impossible to run it with
the same kind of vision that you could get from a finished version...

Mike

Again, anything that is not v3.5 d20 can not be published without specific permission. I know there seems to be some sort of rationalization by other members here, but you just can't go and publish a 1e module...at least not without making it some sort of bland generic fantasy rpg supplement.

Am I wrong here?

I have no idea..

But how about a free download then?  Similar to WGRX Ivid the Undying.  Also there are loads of 1E modules on dragonsfoot for example.  As long as you don't make no money out of it, I think noone is going to bother dragging you to a court.

That's of course if RJK is ok with it...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:36 pm 

I doubt RJK would be OK with it.  I bet he still had ambitions.  I would.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:29 pm 

Hey Paul---

Any chance we can get a stats breakdown on the last auction, and an update for when you'll be shipping?  :D

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:14 am 

How about free character sheets for all those worthy souls who participated?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

PreviousNext