Help with removing feedback
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:42 am 

OK, I replied to the PDF asshole's feedback:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ ... d=fattam33

What is the next step?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:33 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:OK, I replied to the PDF asshole's feedback:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ ... d=fattam33

What is the next step?

Uhm, a very professional and non-personal reply, I'd say.

I don't think you can have the feedback removed, unless via a mutual retraction. But I could be wrong.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:49 am 

guerret wrote:

Uhm, a very professional and non-personal reply, I'd say.

I don't think you can have the feedback removed, unless via a mutual retraction. But I could be wrong.

Since "moron" and "fuzzy pillow biter" can be taken as insults, ebay policies state that this kind of feedback could be removed.

In spite of "Mutual Feedback Rating Withdrawal", these are situations where feedback could be removed:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-abuse-withdrawal.html wrote:
Feedback that meets any of the circumstances below is feedback abuse and may be subject to removal
- The feedback comment contains profane, vulgar, obscene, or racist language or adult material.
- Feedback left by a member who bid on or purchased an item solely to have the opportunity to leave negative feedback for the seller, with no intention of completing the transaction.

Géraud

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:55 am 

The feedback contains personally identifiable information. 'John' can complain to eBay and have his name removed from open forum. Or it may be picked up in a routine sweep searching for common names, e-mail addresses and URLs.

Either way, once it is picked up the entire transaction will be deleted from the feedback forum. Yours and his.

If you could have got it, I'd have posted his phone number too.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:56 am 

lokiwookie wrote:Since "moron" and "fuzzy pillow biter" can be taken as insults, ebay policies state that this kind of feedback could be removed.

Either I am not catching its meaning, or "fuzzy pillow biter" is the silliest insult I've ever heard. In any case, also the seller's feedback contains that expression. That feedback might be removed, too, so in the end I don't see the benefit of all this.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:01 am 

guerret wrote:
lokiwookie wrote:Since "moron" and "fuzzy pillow biter" can be taken as insults, ebay policies state that this kind of feedback could be removed.

Either I am not catching its meaning, or "fuzzy pillow biter" is the silliest insult I've ever heard. In any case, also the seller's feedback contains that expression. That feedback might be removed, too, so in the end I don't see the benefit of all this.

What F is implying is that John bites his pillow while his BF/Dad helps himself from behind. That's about as tactful as I can put it.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:24 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:What F is implying is that John bites his pillow while his BF/Dad helps himself from behind. That's about as tactful as I can put it.

Oh.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:48 am 

Well, I had to make it as offensive as possible. That was the point, no? If I had put something like "Oh my, you are a bad man!" I don't think it would have helped much.
So I guess I should just wait until they pick it up?
And for the record, I don't hate foreigners or gay people specifically. I hate everyone equally, regardless of race, creed, gender, nationality or sexual orientation.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:55 am 

guerret wrote:Oh.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:20 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:The feedback contains personally identifiable information. 'John' can complain to eBay and have his name removed from open forum. Or it may be picked up in a routine sweep searching for common names, e-mail addresses and URLs.

Either way, once it is picked up the entire transaction will be deleted from the feedback forum. Yours and his.

If you could have got it, I'd have posted his phone number too.

I've mentioned this before, but ebay is NOT going to remove this feedback unless the seller requests it.  I do not think they will ever do a feedback "sweep" or remove it on their own.  If "John" never requests it removed, nothing will be done to to the feedback.

Please see this link and the first example of feedback abuse:

Security Measure

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:30 am 

Lets hope the reference to chewing his pillow hits home. :lol:
Nice one, Frank. :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:24 am 

Thanks, Ian!
I don't even know what his name really is.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:14 am 

It might be a bit subtle for this seller---they may not figure out the insulting intent....

BTW, Frank, you package is in the mail as of this morning.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:58 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:I've mentioned this before, but ebay is NOT going to remove this feedback unless the seller requests it.

Seconded. While not impossible, it remains extremely difficult to get feedback removed, unless both parties do the "mutual withdrawl" thing (which is still a fairly recent development).

And there's no such thing as a "feedback sweep." That's a myth.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:20 pm 

well if it's doesn't get removed let me know Frank and I'll send Ebay an email and I'll tell them that when I was looking over your feedback as a perspective buyer I read the comment and found it offensive and degrading being of that "orientation"

WHICH I AM NOT :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:24 pm 

Lordan wrote:well if it's doesn't get removed let me know Frank and I'll send Ebay an email and I'll tell them that when I was looking over your feedback as a perspective buyer I read the comment and found it offensive and degrading being of that "orientation"

WHICH I AM NOT :)

Are you sure?
Good tactic. Let me know and I'll complain too. :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:38 pm 

Awww, much appreciated, guys. I'm not terribly worried, this is exactly why I created a buying account. If it gets too bad, I'll just whip up another. But it would be less hassle to strip off the feedback, plus I'd like to aggravate the seller as much as possible.
You guys should see the bullshit these PDFers try to foist off on me. One guy actually claimed that since the material was OOP, it was "public domain". What a tool.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:40 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Awww, much appreciated, guys. I'm not terribly worried, this is exactly why I created a buying account. If it gets too bad, I'll just whip up another. But it would be less hassle to strip off the feedback, plus I'd like to aggravate the seller as much as possible.
You guys should see the bullshit these PDFers try to foist off on me. One guy actually claimed that since the material was OOP, it was "public domain". What a tool.

I've raised a specific IP query I need to research in the non-TSR forum.

Next