Happy April Fools Day!
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:44 am 

AHA! That's right! I managed to get two brain cells to fire in tandem and now I recall why he was called that. Now if I can remember WHO I was talking to................
I'm sure there are quite a few saliva-drenched keyboards out there. Stephen does have some really nice stuff. Now he needs a woody.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:54 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:I'm sure there are quite a few saliva-drenched keyboards out there.

Oh yes indeedy!

I liked placing of it in books and not games - gave it that extra bit of verisimilitude, I was fooled completely!

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:14 am 

I'm telling ya, he's a genius!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:01 am 

Great work fella's.

I hadn't checked the forum for a few days, than that one popped up on my searches.

Almost had the kidneys on the table before I found the full story.

My first thoughts were that the lady must have been very stupid, or, very very stupid with how she was understanding the questions.

Classic bits of work, Stephen & cohorts. Bravo!

Now, just off to whack a few dozen locks on the collection in case my wife ever decides to clean out my cupboards!!  8O

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:36 pm 

Nice try, guys.  I don't know how many other folks considered it, but hiding the numbering of the tourney mods is a dead giveaway that someone's just showing off their collection...  :wink:

One of the nicer T1st DMGs I've seen, too.

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:05 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:True, I should have said I offered $1,000. It's an art, and I'm no Picasso. But then again, it WAS a joke!
That's some pretty good cudgeling of the gray matter, Mike. It was Inverness, and the seller offered it to me for the same cash price that Titan Games was offering as trade value. $250. I never mentioned a price. I did, however, pay the $250. I may not be Picasso, but I'm no fool either. I guess that would be Bush?

Ah, thats right.... the guy was pissed at the offer Titan made, and preferred to sell it to a collector for the same price. I think that was the incident that sparked a big discussion on here about making off-ebay offers (even though as you say, the incident itself was more along the lines of asking if he had a BIN price in mind).

Anyway, nice work on the auction Stephen - I liked it.

Regards

Mike

Previous