Happy April Fools Day!
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:16 pm 

From The Collector Formerly Known as Afoolandhis$ -

Okay, guys, I can't take it anymore!  It was a hell of a lot of fun, but our little gag has caused someone a bit of grief, and that certainly wasn't the intention.

HUGE thanks to Frank for helping out (we were laughing our asses off last night), to Brian for keeping quiet (he figured it out within minutes of the posting showing up here), and to David for not letting on even though it wasn't in his best interests.

The Q&A was the best part.  Thanks guys.

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:18 pm 

bombadil wrote:From The Collector Formerly Known as Afoolandhis$ -

Okay, guys, I can't take it anymore!  It was a hell of a lot of fun, but our little gag has caused someone a bit of grief, and that certainly wasn't the intention.

HUGE thanks to Frank for helping out (we were laughing our asses off last night), to Brian for keeping quiet (he figured it out within minutes of the posting showing up here), and to David for not letting on even though it wasn't in his best interests.

The Q&A was the best part.  Thanks guys.

Nice stuff though!!  Was it all your stuff or a mix of yours and Franks?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:26 pm 

Thanks, Jeff.  It was, shall we say, a sample of my modest collection.  Though a lot of it used to be Frank's!

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:41 pm 

bombadil wrote:The Q&A was the best part.  Thanks guys.

Heh. I was hoping you could respond to my further replies on-line just to see what turn that took!

What happened to all the woodgrains, tho'? ;)

Cheers! :D

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:41 pm 

*searches around for anyone with an immodest collection to sell*

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:44 pm 

faro wrote:
bombadil wrote:The Q&A was the best part.  Thanks guys.

Heh. I was hoping you could respond to my further replies on-line just to see what turn that took!

What happened to all the woodgrains, tho'? ;)

Cheers! :D

Yeah, I thought about adding a PoVQ to the lot after your last question, but figured that might just fuel the fire.

Don't tell my wife, but I'm without woody.   :cry:

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:47 pm 

:lol: (again)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:51 pm 

Have to admit, I thought of Frank when I read the comment:  "Please don't call me an M-bag."   :D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:52 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:Have to admit, I thought of Frank when I read the comment:  "Please don't call me an M-bag."   :D

i thought the same too. sounded just like franks kinda humour.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:11 pm 

Damn, I was hoping that you would let this go a bit longer Stephen. It seems to have accomplished the ruckus that you had hoped for. :lol:

BTW, for those of you who don't know, that last question was mine and it was a very specific reference that ST1 auction several months ago. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:58 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:Have to admit, I thought of Frank when I read the comment:  "Please don't call me an M-bag."   :D

That was the give-away that it was someone from here.  It reminded me a lot of this post:

viewtopic.php?p=47246&highlight=mbag#47246

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:38 pm 

I figured it was too good to be true, but I would be lying to all of you if I said the thought of selling my blood and other bodily fluids did not come to mind when I first saw the auction.

Looks like I owe frank one.

by the way - very nice gag

Martin

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:53 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Damn, I was hoping that you would let this go a bit longer Stephen. It seems to have accomplished the ruckus that you had hoped for. :lol:

BTW, for those of you who don't know, that last question was mine and it was a very specific reference that ST1 auction several months ago. :wink:

This is what I couldnt figure out.  You are the only person I know that ends your emails or PM's with "Cheers, Brian."  But what weirded me out was why you would offer to pay extra for the ST1 in pounds and not dollars?  It was about then I figured it was a hoax.  What I didnt realize was that you guys were putting it on.  I was sure evil was afoot.

So who made up the fake bidder ID that got banned?  That was my favorite part.  Although the m-bag bit was pretty good.

I guess it will be another six months before I see another Warriors of Mars on Ebay.  Bastards!  :P

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:23 am 

I was just a pawn, Stephen is the evil grandmaster here. I just do as I'm told.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:43 am 

Stephen and Frank, you are great, but "great" is not enough!!  :D  :D

But in the end, what I feel is envy ... 8)
Have a nice day

Giorgio

PS: I'm not an M-bag?!  8O Wonderful!!

... And thou, Melkor, shalt see that no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me, nor can any alter the music in my despite ...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:21 am 

Oh, that was a classic response. Despite appearances, Stephen is actually fairly witty!
So what was missing that proved it wasn't me? The brownie?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:10 am 

I figured it was an April Fool's joke when I saw the link, but I thought it looked like Deadlord's handiwork.

What gave it away for sure though Frank was you only offered $100 for the lot - the last time you made an off-ebay offer it was for only one item - a Tamoachan or an Inverness from memory - and you offered more than 100 just for that one item. I can't remember how much you snagged it for, 250 or 500 I think. Either way, you had a pretty good idea on what to offer, so that you would get a bargain and the dude would accept the offer.

If you weren't in on the joke, I would expect you to make a much larger offer than just a Benjamin for that lot.

(I'm guessing the president for the $100 note.....)

Regards

Mike

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:41 am 

True, I should have said I offered $1,000. It's an art, and I'm no Picasso. But then again, it WAS a joke!
That's some pretty good cudgeling of the gray matter, Mike. It was Inverness, and the seller offered it to me for the same cash price that Titan Games was offering as trade value. $250. I never mentioned a price. I did, however, pay the $250. I may not be Picasso, but I'm no fool either. I guess that would be Bush?

Next