Yes 13%       13%  [ 5 ]
No 59%       59%  [ 23 ]
Don't want one 28%       28%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 39

Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:45 pm 

Do you have one, and if yes, how did you get it?

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:48 pm 

Ok. As a result of the recent auciton, I thought I'd launch a poll.

I do not have one. I was at that Gen Con (my second or third) and remember looking at that damn set half a dozen times. I took a pass because I think I had all th stuff inside.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:50 pm 

I have one courtesy of a private deal with Alan<Killjoy32> about 3 months ago, who actually purchased it last year from Corey<draco>. :)  That suckers travelled  more in its life than I have I think.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:54 pm 

(guess)

=

"Don't want one" might've been the reply otherwise, I must admit. Hadn't really expected to win that latest auction and it wasn't any particular priority.

In hindsight, having Brad's auctions following that might've helped. (Focus on the "quality" rather than an admittedly pretty box with a ho-hum miscellany inside).

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:56 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I have one courtesy of a private deal with Alan<Killjoy32> about 3 months ago, who actually purchased it last year from Corey<draco>. :)  That suckers travelled  more in its life than I have I think.

*rofl* You're gonna get it in the neck for that, Brian! :D

Here was me feeling guilty that I'd only just outbid you on that recent copy...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:56 pm 

What's the 10th?  Is that the ziplock baggie of reruns, or have I mixed up different anniversaries?

(In either case, "no" - all I have is the 25th, excellent condition, $45-50)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:57 pm 

mordrin wrote:What's the 10th?  Is that the ziplock baggie of reruns, or have I mixed up different anniversaries?

The sucker at the top of the "Rares" list; http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/rares.html

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:58 pm 

faro wrote:
bclarkie wrote:I have one courtesy of a private deal with Alan<Killjoy32> about 3 months ago, who actually purchased it last year from Corey<draco>. :)  That suckers travelled  more in its life than I have I think.

*rofl* You're gonna get it in the neck for that, Brian! :D

Here was me feeling guilty that I'd only just outbid you on that recent copy...

Sorry'bout that. :oops:  I was trying to *upgrade*. :) If I'd have won that last set, my current one would have been up on EBay in 2 weeks. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:02 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Sorry, I was trying to *upgrade*. :) If I'd have won that set, my current one would have been up in 2 weeks. :wink:

Ah, I see... Better box?

That was the saving grace of the auction last week: whether it looks quite so nice IRL, will wait to see.
(Sheesh; but still nearly $300 for a box...).

Guess that means you can't match BTB's comment re. those contents in NM for $40!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:07 pm 

faro wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Sorry, I was trying to *upgrade*. :) If I'd have won that set, my current one would have been up in 2 weeks. :wink:

Ah, I see... Better box?

That was the saving grace of the auction last week: whether it looks quite so nice IRL, will wait to see.
(Sheesh; but still nearly $300 for a box...).

Guess that means you can't match BTB's comment re. those contents in NM for $40!

Oh yes. My box has seen better days, but the contents are still in nice shape. I would have cobled together whatever was missing from what would have been the "new set" from what I already currently have and made it so that set was complete as well. :wink:  One thing I am not lacking right now is common modules. :oops:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:11 pm 

bclarkie wrote:One thing I am not lacking right now is common modules. :oops:

*listens, interested*

Heh. It's all one big mix-and-match in happy-collector land, no?

Pity help the research, trying to spot any genuine variations!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:17 pm 

faro wrote:
bclarkie wrote:One thing I am not lacking right now is common modules. :oops:

*listens, interested*

Heh. It's all one big mix-and-match in happy-collector land, no?

Pity help the research, trying to spot any genuine variations!

Does this mean that you don't think that that was a good idea to cobble the set together? :?

As far as extras go, wait to you see what I have going up next weekend. Depending on whether or not I get the fortitude to do it, I may in fact have over 320 auctions up for extra modules, Hardcovers, Sorftcovers, Box Sets, Magazines, & OD&D Supps.  I just haven't made up my mind whether I should split it all up or not.  THe scary part is that is only my triplicates that I am getting rid of, and I have a whole bunch of other quads, quints, etc. that need sold to.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:57 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Does this mean that you don't think that that was a good idea to cobble the set together? :?

Original is still best, IMO, but when the contents are standard stock items that were clearly gathered together for sale at a single instant in time, I don't think that'll hurt (with regards to the 10th anniversary set).
Unless we're missing some hidden "10th anniversary" stamp/mark or anything like that!

Was thinking more in terms of how much trust to place in what I've seen sold on the secondary/dealer market where there have been mix-and-matches; some of which might potentially confuse research. (A few reboxed OD&D sets, for example).

bclarkie wrote:As far as extras go, wait to you see what I have going up next weekend. Depending on whether or not I get the fortitude to do it, I may in fact have over 320 auctions up for extra modules

Ahh.... :o

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:01 pm 

Question, aside, if I may...

I don't know whether it's just the pic, but does the "gold" embossing on the box have any tendency to discolor with humidity, or is it safe from such effects?
Was just wondering, given the scan on http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/miscpag ... coll2.html

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:27 pm 

I'm still kicking myself for not buying the 2 in shrink I was offered back in the old pre-ebay days.. oh well..

Brette:)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:37 am 

ah good i can talk about it now as Brian has brought it up :)

i wasnt going to say anything as i was respecting his privacy for collecting a rare item :)

i personally didnt like the item. nothing really against it but it just didnt do anything for me. for a proper collector (i count myself as a part-time one) i think its a cool item to have. after all, whatever you say about it, it IS rare and can normally hold some very decent value.

i didnt bid on that one being auctioned cos i automatically thought Brian would anyway :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:53 am 

Not having owned one yet (but definitely interested in getting one if anyone wants to unload).

Are the 2 pens that are supposed to be included packaged in some way which would make the ones recompiled later stand out, eg are they shrinked together, or both shrinked with the module, or just thrown in the box loose?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:49 pm 

I have 2. And one of the two Brette mentioned above.

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Next