Advice & Possible Help Needed from the UK
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:14 am 

I find backhands to be more effective. Nothing breaks, and there is usually no bruise.
Why not have him send it M-bag?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:20 am 

Marlith wrote:maybe I deserve a good kicking...spare the rod spoil the child sorta stuff. Not that I condone beating children in any way...just good old fashioned spanking...the kicking was meant metaphorically.

well in an effort to try and make everyone happy, i have e-mailed dave as well about this, as well as post the msg on here about being the mediator so to speak and having them sent to me to send on. i dont mind and its not really a biggie to me so...

so hopefully something can be sorted and then everyone will be happy...

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:21 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:I find backhands to be more effective. Nothing breaks, and there is usually no bruise.

you cant send m-bag from the UK frank.

its either Airmail and Surface from here OR courier of course....great options we have (NOT)..

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:16 am 

Unless the price is so high you cannot possibly pay...or there is a way to massively cut back on the cost....

My advice would be to pay the shipping costs, purchase insurance and chalk it all up to experience.

I recently Ebay messaged Cougarrinard and said that I did not feel comfortable bidding without a firm shipping cost...and that his feedback made me a bit leery.

Cougarrinard's reply was...well...a bit caustic.  I hesitate to think what fire might have issued forth if I had actually said something rude.

This seller is banking on your sense of honor about an Ebay debt and your fear of a negative feedback.

Pay the money.  Get it shipped.  Buy insurance.  Experience.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:19 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
Deadlord39 wrote:I find backhands to be more effective. Nothing breaks, and there is usually no bruise.

you cant send m-bag from the UK frank.

its either Airmail and Surface from here OR courier of course....great options we have (NOT)..

Al

I suspect that this is the course of action most likely to set Cougarrinard off.

Having him ship to a re-shipper is pretty much an open statement that the man is deliberately and insanely jacking up the cost.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:11 am 

Just kidding about the M bag, Al. I think that's a stand-up offer of yours, to offer to forward it. You UK guys are so nice. Makes me feel bad about that whole misunderstanding back around 1776.
So 40 pounds is around $69 US or so, right? Al, is there a Royal Post website he can go to and figure in the estimated weight?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:04 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Just kidding about the M bag, Al. I think that's a stand-up offer of yours, to offer to forward it. You UK guys are so nice. Makes me feel bad about that whole misunderstanding back around 1776.
So 40 pounds is around $69 US or so, right? Al, is there a Royal Post website he can go to and figure in the estimated weight?

1776 lol man you crack me up :D

there is a royal mail website where you can go and work it out for yourself...its pretty much like the USPS one.

try here...should do the trick for anyone really: http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm

please be wary though. i use that all the time and when i get to the post office, it always seems to be more  8O has happened to me a few times now that has - can be pretty annoying. the postmaster also told me that the royal mail dont update the site in some areas as often as they should...

but then what do i know :D

Al

ps. in an effort to be fair though, it should be a standard question, that if shipping isnt advertised, you should ask. if you dont, then you are at the mercy of whatever they throw at you really. *shrugs* oh well....i need a shower so off i go - need food too, 10.5 mile jog out the way for today - just a short one  :P

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:49 am 

10.5 miles! I don't even DRIVE that far in a day!
I agree with Killjoy, I always ask about shipping unless it is crystal clear. I even keep the reply e-mails. I've had more than one seller suddenly up the price they quoted me. Fortunately, I was able to resolve them all by forwarding the e-mails they so conveniently forgot that they sent to me.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:54 am 

well just to show that i HAVE tried here to make an effort to keep everybody happy! i have had a word with dave. the items in question DO weigh quite a bit and actually go over the weight limit for airmail from the UK apparently.

i dont know for sure as i dont have the items right here in front of me.

THAT being the case, then yes, it will cost a fair $$$ to ship them.

just on another point that came up in relation to the dragon magazines that that chap bought from dave the other week that there was issue about...we were in fact talking about 70 issues, not just the ebay won ones...so yes, i imagine the weight of them were quite something...

anyway just wanted to clarify that one. trying to be fair and keep everyone happy on this issue....i am NOT picking sides.

i also DID suggest that it might be a either a case of the auction gets paid and shipped as invoiced or maybe something else could be worked out if the shipping was too high (as evidently is).

anything else really needs to be resolved between the two parties but i have tried!

just on another point marlith...if you get them shipped to me, the cost of them coming from me to you is still going to be quite a bit as i just checked the royal mail site myself, so i dont think you would save yourself anything anyway and its quite possible really that it might cost more?

oh well...the thought was there!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:22 am 

killjoy32 wrote:well just to show that i HAVE tried here to make an effort to keep everybody happy! i have had a word with dave. the items in question DO weigh quite a bit and actually go over the weight limit for airmail from the UK apparently.

Over 2kg, but not over 5kg surely? Otherwise he'd be making a loss even at £40 shipping.
I presume my guess of just over 3kg (+£10 handling/packing charge) is not far off the mark, then?

killjoy32 wrote:anyway just wanted to clarify that one. trying to be fair and keep everyone happy on this issue....i am NOT picking sides.
oh well...the thought was there!

Al

:)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:57 am 

faro wrote::)

hey it was !! :)

its over 3KG thats for sure and whatever handling he will charge so....

*shrugs*

anyway back to my chicken salad sandwich :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:10 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
faro wrote::)

hey it was !! :)

*g*. I know, Speaker-to-Cougars ^^

killjoy32 wrote:anyway back to my chicken salad sandwich :)

Yum... :P

Hope that doesn't give you any worse indigestion than Marl's getting from reading this.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:59 am 

killjoy32 wrote:

But Cougar could sent it in 2 packages... 1.5kg & 1.5kg. And the cost will be significantly less since it could be shipped by Royal Airmail.

But I don't think he will ship like this  :?

Géraud.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:10 am 

lokiwookie wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:

But Cougar could sent it in 2 packages... 1.5kg & 1.5kg. And the cost will be significantly less since it could be shipped by Royal Airmail.

But I don't think he will ship like this  :?

Géraud.

i hear what youre saying there, but the package is at least 3KG. i just checked on the royal mail website. 2 x 1.5KG packages to the USA is still £29 Airmail and that is before any handling fees....

Alan

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:11 am 

faro wrote:Hope that doesn't give you any worse indigestion than Marl's getting from reading this.

actually, it was very yummy. i followed it up with 2 almond slices and a packet of cheesy doritos (yum yum)....

quite a satisfactory munch :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:23 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
i hear what youre saying there, but the package is at least 3KG. i just checked on the royal mail website. 2 x 1.5KG packages to the USA is still £29 Airmail and that is before any handling fees....

Alan

Yes it's true  8O I didn't think it would be so expensive for only 1.5kg with small packets.

Géraud

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:06 am 

Cat Whisperer, did he say exactly how much the books weighed?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:32 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Cat Whisperer, did he say exactly how much the books weighed?

lol i assume you are referring to me?

he told me the weight but its not my issue, so i am not going to say.

i did check and IF the weight is correct, then the shipping quoted is correct and fair. thats all i will say on the matter.

i know it might seem sometimes that i sit here and fight cougs corner, but that is only if i think what is being said is unreasonable. if you go back and check, you will note plenty of times where i say nothing and believe me i read everything that is said on here, cos i dont have a life :D

if i cant find a reason to say something, then i dont.

the only time i will defend the guy, is if whats being said is bang out of order.

i deal with the guy reasonably often, always with a good result and i speak to him from time to time, mostly un-connected to actual things going on via ebay or other such things.

but in an instance like this, i have simply tried to help both parties out.

maybe i should just shut up sometimes and stay out of it  :?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext