Faint
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:28 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:
red_bus wrote:But I still prefer to do it by hand when I can...  (so to speak)  :)

I prefer to bid manually too. I don't trust these programs...

The programs are probably more trustworthy than any of us.  You put your high snipe in and leave!  The program will never go over your input amount, I on the other hand constantly go over my percieved highest bid when sniping manually. So the story goes:

Uggh! one more dollar!, no two!  Hell make it $10.00, bastard still beat me lets go $100.00 more :lol:  :lol:

Jeff

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:22 am 

Blackmoor wrote:
lokiwookie wrote:
red_bus wrote:But I still prefer to do it by hand when I can...  (so to speak)  :)

I prefer to bid manually too. I don't trust these programs...

The programs are probably more trustworthy than any of us.  You put your high snipe in and leave!  The program will never go over your input amount, I on the other hand constantly go over my percieved highest bid when sniping manually. So the story goes:

Uggh! one more dollar!, no two!  Hell make it $10.00, bastard still beat me lets go $100.00 more :lol:  :lol:

Jeff

Uhm, that's not what I call sniping. Sniping means firing a single shot, very accurately aimed, at the right moment. THAT's sniping. One shot, one kill.  8)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:44 am 

guerret wrote:Uhm, that's not what I call sniping. Sniping means firing a single shot, very accurately aimed, at the right moment. THAT's sniping. One shot, one kill.  8)

I agree. You have to send the snipe in the last 3-5 seconds, no second chances, no regrets :) Although I do sometimes feel a sense of guilt if I am the only person to snipe and still loose. The winner has to be pissed that with a few seconds to go he had the item at $20 only to have to pay $90 ( totally random #'s ) because one person ran it up ( and still lost ).  :oops:

Previous