Why are so many people on Ebay morons?
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:14 am 

Badmike wrote:
TheElderEye wrote:

I have a friend that trades on ebay in the Star Wars toys section, he is one of those guys that is a gem encrusted powerseller :lol:   He told me that he found that if he left his feedback after getting one from the other guy it cut down on petty negatives from jerks and newbies.  I think he said that he had two early negatives and then since adopting the policy he hasn't had one.  I'm thinking of doing the same instead of leaving comments when an auction is paid for.

I have done a complete 180 on this.  When I first started on ebay 8 years ago, I left positive feedback as soon as I received payment.  Now I will only leave it after receiving positive feedback from the buyer (unless it's an Acaeum member I know).  In the last few years, feedback blackmail has been rearing it's ugly head more and more, i.e. "If I dont' get the item by tomorrow I'm leaving a neg"; "There was one small mark on the cover of this item so I am leaving a neg if you don't refund me"; "This isn't exactly what I wanted so I'm leaving a neg"; etc.  It was getting ridiculous.  Now everything flows smoothlyand I don't have to worry about someone leaving a Neg until they talk with me first, which is all a good seller wants anyway, since 100% of the time I can solve the problem.

Mike B.

yeah this can be pretty damn annoying at times. i like to leave feedback first cos i think thats the right thing to do, but you stop yourself doing that simply cos of the point mike has made above. its pathetic.

the last neutral i got was from a guy who won a JG book "masters of mind". his neutral said "thought it was an adventure and it wasnt" or some such thing - which REALLY pissed me off.

dont ppl read the feckin descriptions anymore? sheesh

bloody muppets  :evil:

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:36 am 

killjoy32 wrote:yeah this can be pretty damn annoying at times. i like to leave feedback first cos i think thats the right thing to do, but you stop yourself doing that simply cos of the point mike has made above. its pathetic.

the last neutral i got was from a guy who won a JG book "masters of mind". his neutral said "thought it was an adventure and it wasnt" or some such thing - which REALLY pissed me off.

dont ppl read the feckin descriptions anymore? sheesh

bloody muppets  :evil:

Al

Funny you should mention this Al, I was just using you as an example over on Dragonsfoot about sellers who were left unjustified bad feedback  by moronic buyers. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:59 am 

bclarkie wrote:Funny you should mention this Al, I was just using you as an example over on Dragonsfoot about sellers who were left unjustified bad feedback  by moronic buyers. :wink:

ooh the fame :)

its true tho isnt it? i bend over backwards to ensure everything is ok. i am very honest and i hate anyone being unhappy with something. so when something like that happens, i get REALLY upset. frankly, there is just no need and all the noobs who do this, really do need a good slap in the chops for good measure.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Previous