Sally Ann
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:06 pm 

The Salvation Army:   It's not just a name . . . We are the front-line in the eternal battle against unholy writings.

The Salvation Army:  Saving your junk . . . Saving your Soul.

The Salvation Army:  The more time we take stocking Reader's Digest Condensed books, the less time you have to spend reading.

The Salvation Army:  It's bring in a book and burn it day!  Half-off all pink ticketed items when you burn any occult related book!

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:09 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:The question that keeps popping into my head is what becomes of any D&D items that are donated?  Are they destroyed?  Perhaps a special bonfire is created once a month.  Any "occult" articles which can damage the delicate psyches of their devoted Christian clientele are ritually burned while the devoted pray to have their souls cleansed.  Perhaps a bit extreme, but unquestionably necessary to keep the world free from evil's dark taint.

Yep, ritualistic demon-cleansing bonfires it is.  (And you should see the orgies!)  Those wacky Christians, you never know what they'll come up with next.  :lol:

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:57 pm 

I've often wondered whether you could infiltrate a wacko religious group and convince them that there were certain D&D-related items that are a threat to their beliefs, and that they should fund you to go on a "mission" to buy up and "destroy" all such items.  

Hmmm...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:20 am 

can you just imagine tho, IF items have been destroyed....what items did they destroy? scary thought.....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:24 am 

killjoy32 wrote:can you just imagine tho, IF items have been destroyed....what items did they destroy? scary thought.....

Al

Well, Eldritch Wizardry, for sure.  Deities & Demigods, obviously.  Some of the super-rares aren't so obviously devil worship, and might have been spared.  (eg. Tsojconth) :lol:

YIM  

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:32 am 

I imagine if it even says "Dungeons & Dragons" it is doomed.

I guess Star Frontiers and Top Secret might slip through the cracks.

Don't know about Gamma World - perhaps that opens up the whole "genetic mutation/evolution" can of worms?     :D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:19 pm 

Years ago I lived in Vancouver B.C. the basement of the 12th Ave. Sally anne was full of collectable goodies, all hidden under mounds of junk. I found D&D items there including a Thieves world Sanctuary boxed set, blue box D&D in good shape, gamma world original and other nifty stuff. If anyone lives near there go and check it out. They kept lots of collectables behind the basement counter as well.

SO although it is policy, the staff that could care less ignore it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:49 pm 

Icar wrote:In response to your recent e-mail regarding Dungeons and Dragons, it is true that D& D and other such games are not sold at our Thrift Stores.

I wonder if they stock Christian roleplaying games like DragonRaid?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8781649003

Previous