Do you have a Dungeon Masters Guide 3rd Alpha?
Poll: Do you have a 3rd alpha with goldenrod endpapers?

Yes (please expound below) 3%       3%  [ 1 ]
No 97%       97%  [ 36 ]
Total votes : 37

Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:17 pm 

I will check mine over the weekend when I unpack. I do have a 3rd printing, but I don't know if it's an alpha, beta, omega, epsilon............

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:31 am 

Didnt mean to but I accidentally clicked on yes.
I had intended to click on no. :oops:

Although after clicking yes, I did expound.......

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:39 pm 

I'm resurrecting this very old thread because it's germane to a discussion I'm having on RPGGeek.

Did anybody get anywhere with this topic? Has anybody confirmed the existence of a Third Alpha (goldenrod endpaper, no rebinding)?

For that matter, has anybody ever seen a Third Beta (damaged cover, no rebinding). The database entry says it's "not confirmed."

WWW ICQ  

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:56 pm 

Contrarian wrote:I'm resurrecting this very old thread because it's germane to a discussion I'm having on RPGGeek.

Did anybody get anywhere with this topic? Has anybody confirmed the existence of a Third Alpha (goldenrod endpaper, no rebinding)?

For that matter, has anybody ever seen a Third Beta (damaged cover, no rebinding). The database entry says it's "not confirmed."

I've been looking and looking for the Third Beta for years now, but never have come across one. I can't remember if I wound up finding a third Alpha at some point, but I'll take a look and let you know

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:44 pm 

Still looking though my stacks. So far I did find one that I wasn't sure whether it's a third Gamma or second Beta. It has covered over endpapers, but page 99 is not angled. I'll take some photos and post them later.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:15 pm 

I'm fairly sure I don't have any 3rd Alpha after having looked through most of my books now. I think I only have one or two more boxes left to look through.

I haven't got the photos taken just yet on the other golden rod/no ISBN books, but I did a little more searching on the forums since I've been confused about the pasted-over endpapers notation and the slanted text on pg 99 in trying to distinguish between the 2nd Beta and 3rd Gamma.

Apparently from this thread, the pasted over end-papers on the 3rd Gamma was incorrect information
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5592&start=20

and I also came across this old thread too

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:03 pm 

misterspock wrote:I'm fairly sure I don't have any 3rd Alpha after having looked through most of my books now. I think I only have one or two more boxes left to look through.

I haven't got the photos taken just yet on the other golden rod/no ISBN books, but I did a little more searching on the forums since I've been confused about the pasted-over endpapers notation and the slanted text on pg 99 in trying to distinguish between the 2nd Beta and 3rd Gamma.

Apparently from this thread, the pasted over end-papers on the 3rd Gamma was incorrect information

and I also came across this old thread too

Heh, good times. I suppose now that the reprints are out, there will be slightly less of an uproar about depriving future generations of gamers should I decide to renew this project.

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:08 pm 

If you missed this one, I think it is as far as we got on the subject.  It has links to even older threads.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9029

YIM  
Previous