1st Woodgrain Auction
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:49 pm 

bombadil wrote:Hmmm, interesting.  Thanks for the nice investigative work, Brian.  

I guess I was wrong about Nocstar.  I thought they were a reputable ebayer, and a member of this forum, are they not?  Your argument sounds plausible, though.  Jesus, if that's the case, what a shitty turn of events.

I'm not so sure that nocstar's "evil".  There certainly is a lot of whispering in dark corners on this one...I'm guessing "acaeum" and "woodgraincollector" are fake (possibly vigilante, possibly not) bidders, but it's also possibly nocstar is trying to dish out some vigilante justice himself.  He certainly is bidding out of character.

YIM  

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:10 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
bombadil wrote:Hmmm, interesting.  Thanks for the nice investigative work, Brian.  

I guess I was wrong about Nocstar.  I thought they were a reputable ebayer, and a member of this forum, are they not?  Your argument sounds plausible, though.  Jesus, if that's the case, what a shitty turn of events.

I'm not so sure that nocstar's "evil".  There certainly is a lot of whispering in dark corners on this one...I'm guessing "acaeum" and "woodgraincollector" are fake (possibly vigilante, possibly not) bidders, but it's also possibly nocstar is trying to dish out some vigilante justice himself.  He certainly is bidding out of character.

That may very well be possible but I would hope if he was trying to dish out his own justice he would at least use a "hotmail" account so he didn't get stuck holding the bag :( Hate to see him get screwed just trying to stick it to this guy.

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:50 am 

Given the change of the auction description, making it clear it was a fake photo - presumably nocstar would be entitled to retract his highest bid
when he became aware of this?

I wouldn't even touch this one with an unseen servant - it reeks.

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:21 am 

mud2guard wrote:
I wouldn't even touch this one with an unseen servant - it reeks.

I was an early bidder on this, and live real close (read, one exit north) of Massillon, OH. I was hoping to arrange an in-person pickup to make sure it was what it was. I'd still take a swing at it for a few hundred dollars on a gamble. I am by far not an expert in these things, but figured even if it's not exactly what it was, my level of bid wouldn't put me too far out from the risk.

The scariest thing for me was that with a 5 feedback, and all of them non-gaming items, it seems odd how this person woudl have gotten such an item in the first place.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:54 am 

deimos3428 wrote:I'm not so sure that nocstar's "evil".  There certainly is a lot of whispering in dark corners on this one...I'm guessing "acaeum" and "woodgraincollector" are fake (possibly vigilante, possibly not) bidders, but it's also possibly nocstar is trying to dish out some vigilante justice himself.  He certainly is bidding out of character.

You're right.  We shouldn't be quick to assume Nocstar is shilling it for him.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:54 pm 

Sent by: eBay.com
Received 3/15

Please be aware that the following auction-style listing:

Item Number - 8778118222
Item Title - Original Dungeons and Dragons Wood Grain Box Set 1st Ed

has been removed by eBay for violating of one or more of our policies. Any offers or bids placed on this auction-style listing are now null and void. Because the auction was ended early, you as a bidder are not required to complete the transaction.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:04 pm 

Now that's a shame. I had a big bid on that.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:18 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Now that's a shame. I had a big bid on that.

Who else :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:52 pm 

Whew, that's a relief.  Now I can concentrate on blowing Eye of the Bog out of the water.   :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:17 pm 

I wasn't either of the 0 feedback accounts.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:28 pm 

It sounds like ebay followed through on Foul's fax.  Perhaps, the seller read this thread and edited the description "Thanking" the Acaeum, however, when ebay finally got around to addressing the issue, they removed it (as they should).

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Previous