H1 Bloodstone Pass
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:57 am 

Is anybody else here a little peeved at Cougarretard bidding outrageous prices on EVERY COPY of H1 that comes up for auction?  Is he trying to get every copy of it?!!??  That Sucks!$%#@%$ :x

This one is going on right now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 44112&rd=1

This one he didn't win, but got the price really high...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 44112&rd=1

Is he single handedly trying to set the market price for this module???  People keep out bidding him even at that price!

Arrrrgh!

Dere Fritoad, Two badd yoo copped outt so sooon lazt nighgt. Mised som grooovy trps. Hoap th rring thinng wurcs out awrighgt. Peece, Timm  PS Hear ar som outt of sihgt stash I'm laying onn yoo guyz. Must sine off as rush iss cocomcoming ohgodohgod$#%*@!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:05 am 

Hi All,

the guy is just plain odd.

I once asked him if he was coming to UK Gencon one year.

He said no, cos he didn't go anywhere that he had to go via car or public transport to get to.

i.e. if he couldnt walk there, he didnt go.

Cheers,

Malcolm

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:09 am 

I wish he'd take one of his long walks off a short pier!

:D

Dere Fritoad, Two badd yoo copped outt so sooon lazt nighgt. Mised som grooovy trps. Hoap th rring thinng wurcs out awrighgt. Peece, Timm  PS Hear ar som outt of sihgt stash I'm laying onn yoo guyz. Must sine off as rush iss cocomcoming ohgodohgod$#%*@!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:51 pm 

He is also selling the RPGA modules taken from Polyhedron Magazine for $25.00. I am tempted to email the bidders and let them know that you can pick these up really cheap. I just bought Polyhedron 1-20 for $13.50.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:58 pm 

I don't see anything wrong with e-mailing the bidders!  If I were about to get ripped off I would want someone to tell me!   :!:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:56 pm 

I have had contact with him in the past over items when I was seeking an item he had for sale. When I asked him what it would cost to ship a single module to me in the US, I was Quoted a price from him of $18.00.

Now I can tell you I DO charge a small amount for Handeling charges on items, and with what he wanted I could easily have Shipped him the item had it returned and for a $3.00 more shippe dit back to him again.

With that Said I also have had items with buy it nows and every time he seen them he bid on the items for their min. and killed the buy it now on me.

I know all of you know that though as you have seen it and had contact with him before too. Yet what you DO NOT KNOW, is that if you are ever bidding on my items for Auction he will no tbe bidding against you with his cougar ID.   I got tired of my Buy it Nows getting screwed and Banned him from bidding.

Oh and if he ever does win an item I guarantee it will be a $25.00 US funds shipping cost tagged on top of the actual cost.   Yup thats right it IS just a personal thing.   :D  :D

Bruce Thibodeau

(NorthernDuckHunter)

Outdoor Photographer/Writer

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:14 pm 

its quite easy end the auction early, who ever has the highest bid at the time i believe wins???

Brette:)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:37 pm 

Cougarretard works on a very simple principal.  We know he obviously has alot of capital, and he knows what modules will sell for.  Thus, anything that is a "sure thing" resale, he'll bid up to a certain price.  Enough people realize that is what he does, so they won't bid against him, ensuring that he gets it for a good price, and can resell it, overcharge on shipping, and make a few extra bucks.  Which he sinks right back into bidding on certain things...  he also puts minimum bid in on everything, as a "just in case."

Its very easy to cancel his bids if he keeps f'ing up your Buy It Now's.  Just ban him from your auctions.

Yeah, I saw the thing w/ him selling those RPGA polyhedron mods too...  tempted to tell those people that if they are patient, they can pick up the module AND the issue of Poly that comes w/ it for about $5 a pop.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:51 pm 

I emailed him and asked about the RPGA modules and he told me they where from Polyhedrons. Why did he not state this in his auction? I will email the bidder. BTW he does the same thing with me on the BIN.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:18 pm 

It looks like Cougarrinard is using the identity of re4321 to shill-bid on his items. Strike two! I plan on adding him to the no-bid list.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:56 pm 

Wow!

You know this kinda makes a bit of sense. Re4321 has been on my watchlist for awhile but this is the first time I noticed he has singled out cougarretard as his sole preferred seller. Looky at the bid list and feedback list for RE4321...

Welcome to eBay

eBay Feedback Profile for re4321

....it aint definitive proof but surely he doesnt bid on those auctions because the shipping is fair.

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:01 pm 

Oh ya. Did you see where Couger says he has no scanner for picts but bid with confidence because of his good feedback? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

He has to be reading all of these trash sessions between here and the NG.

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:23 pm 

Well, as much as I dislike Cougarrinard's auction practices (I bought from him once but never again simply because of the absurd shipping), there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that re4321 is NOT Cougarrinard. Once you read my expanation I am sure you will agree:

If you review the auctions that re4321 has bid on, in virtually every case he has put in the minimum bid. Most of them are $5.00 opens and he wins them unless someone comes in and just bids $.50 more. No shill bidder would just bid the minimum amount because it defeats the purpose of shill bidding. The most you get is an extra 50 cents and if you end up selling to the shill bidder (no money changing hands) you still end up paying all of the ebay fees and nothing to show for it. All that for 50 cents? Nope, sorry, that does not fly.

With the RPGA3/4 modules re4321 has made bids, but they were not high enough to reach the reserve.

Cougarrinard or any experienced shill bidder would not put a reserve price if he is going to shill bid. That defeats the purpose of the reserve (or the shill bid depending on how you look at it).

I would bet anything that re4321 is from England and probably does not see the high shipping cost that people in the States do. Also, because of his bulk purchases I am sure he is catching a break or why else would he keep coming back.

-PD

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:53 pm 

On the other hand, I think shill bidding is generally thought of as bidding the price up and he couldn't really be accused of doing that. But there's a definite huge benefit in at least having 1 bid on an item so it would be an understandable tactic for a scammer.

Bit more evidence though - someone called re4321 Richard :

eBay Feedback Profile for re4321

whereas cougarrinard's name is Dave Whitfield.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:04 am 

As for him though - I'm unlikely to buy from him. I put a bid in on an R1

but it didn't meet his reserve, so he sent me an email offering it to me for $100.

I said 60 was the most I'd offer considering shipping to Oz, the acaeum valuation and no picture to verify condition.

He sent back :

"Acaeum just value things, they dont have to be in buisness, searching,

buying, selling, shipping, storing, grading, chasing, tracking, claiming,

things are worth what people will pay,  usually I get much more for these,

I just ebay multiples as lost leaders,    surplus to my 2,000  core stock for my regular customers"

"I dont have picturs sa I dont hv cmera or working scaner, My PC is very old, just working, but I will use it till it dies."

"Anyway my girlfreind can spend money quicker than I can earn it"

etc

If people are going to be stupid and buy from him with his huge prices, more power to him and shame on them is one attitude.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:59 pm 

Get a grip guys!  I don't know Cougarrinard, but he's entitled to do business just like everyone else on ebay or elsewhere.  I'm sure you wouldn't want someone singling you out because you sold an item for a great price or bid higher than they did for an item...;)

Also, as far as shipping from anywhere ouside of your immediate country, it's downright more expensive!  Not saying that his costs are reasonable but they will be high if you are in the U.S.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:36 pm 

That guy is shady. He attempted to sell photocopies of some rare AD&D stuff on rec.games.frp.marketplace. I don't like that kind of attitude. Also, he doesn't stick to his promises regarding shipping. If he has to rely on such practices to make some money, he's got the wrong job.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:18 pm 

I am not trying to bash him, as stated it is his business, He can do as he pleases.

I simply stated what he has done or said to me in the past.

Then what I did to render it from happening again.

I will state that I really have a hard time trusting anyone who can not (in this day in age especially) Run a business and state they can not afford to take pictures as they do not have a scanner or camera.

Lets be a little down to earth here, even if he is BROKE,  he could afford a cheap scanner and Digital cameras although not all in the line of others and Quality can be had for Extremely cheap.

Heck for the profit he makes off shipping he could sell 5 items to the US and buy a cheap scanner or cammera and render that portion of distrust people have of him. ( I am not saying he is not trustworthy  I am saying others and myself included do nto trust sellers who sell all the time and do not have images.)

I also have a Huge problem with peopel who do not list a Basic Shipping cost of some type.   Lets see in the States and its territory's Priority

( first class) is $3.85 for a big envelope that holds a couple modules or a simgle hardcover.  $5.00 is not an unreasonable amount to pay for this.

Overseas the list of Global priority possibilities is Huge, and the cost is $9.00 fo rthe same size envelope as mentioned above.  With that said How can anyone not list a shipping estimate for the basic.

I have gotten to the point I do not bid on Low feedbacks with no image and no shipping quote in the Auction, especially if the only accept check or money order.

Ok I will let this thread die as it has Turned into a Bashing thread, and I know I would not want to see this type of thing against me, and I am not even fond of Seeing us single out anyone.

As  ageneral rule the above stands about what I trust and do not trust for ANYONE who sells.

Lets face it there is a HUGE dislike for anyone that resells Period or so it seems. If there was not a Demand to fill it would not be filled and the demand is there.  If you think this is a way to make tons of money, I assure you it is a ton of work for a little profit, and the bassis is if you enjoy it is fun.  The reason you see so many people start out selling is they see Money, then after a little time they see it is not as profitable as they thought so they Give it up.

Now back to the topic,

Why the heck do the H series Modules sell for so much anyhow??  other than people want them. They really are not all that Spectacular of a module or at least I did't think so after buying a few and reading them.

Bruce Thibodeau

(NorthernDuckHunter)

Outdoor Photographer/Writer

Next