Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 52 of 111123 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:59 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Agreed.

yeah me too. i was gonna whack another bid on at the end, until i saw that so changed my mind, but in the end it went above what i was prepared to pay.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:23 pm 

bombadil wrote:Stunning:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

The same bidder is bidding on a d20 module by a different seller.  I know because I am tracking the auction.

His behavior indicates that he is a noob...multiple bids, long before the deadline, including a double bid on top of his previous bid.

We're talking an auction that is currently sitting at a total of $4, including shipping, so it's not exactly scam city.

So, he's either a shady account trying to look legitimate, or he just doesn't know what he's doing.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:15 pm 

I think Intelligator should have honorable mention on Acaeum or something, just because his prices are so entertaining:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AD-D-Rare-ATLAS-OF- ... dZViewItem

$44.95! For that much it should be hand-delivered by a busty blonde in a bikini!

Scott

"We were put on this Earth to fart around."
                            - Kurt Vonnegut

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:03 pm 

On a positive note, there's a discount available on the 3.50 shipping ;)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:36 pm 

This is so patently ridiculous, I am not even sure if this qualifies as being for the silliest for the year.  This maybe the silliest price for anything ever, since the inception of pricing:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... F8&s=books

Now granted I know its on Amazon and things there are almost always assanine, but this is so bad I can't even quantify it in words. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:04 pm 

bclarkie wrote:This is so patently ridiculous, I am not even sure if this qualifies as being for the silliest for the year.  This maybe the silliest price for anything ever, since the inception of pricing:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... F8&s=books

Now granted I know its on Amazon and things there are almost always assanine, but this is so bad I can't even quantify it in words. :?

Presumably they simply forgot the decimal point when entering the price.  

This thing isn't even worth the corrected price of $14.95!

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:39 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Presumably they simply forgot the decimal point when entering the price.

It's possible I suppose, but two important things to note:

First off its Amazon, the place where people go to try and sell at ridiculous prices(believe me I have seen loads and loads of over the top prices on Amazon in the past :roll: ).

Secondly, assuming that there is a typo involved, I could believe that one of those sellers had a typo and was trying to list it for $14.95, but there are two distinct and seperate sellers involved, which means one of those sellers saw the others price and listed thiers because they saw the price.  Whichever it is(assuming that it is just one of them that is a moron and not both), at least one of those people has their head firmly implanted in their ass.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:02 pm 

bclarkie wrote:It's possible I suppose, but two important things to note:

First off its Amazon, the place where people go to try and sell at ridiculous prices(believe me I have seen loads and loads of over the top prices on Amazon in the past :roll: ).

Secondly, assuming that there is a typo involved, I could believe that one of those sellers had a typo and was trying to list it for $14.95, but there are two distinct and seperate sellers involved, which means one of those sellers saw the others price and listed thiers because they saw the price.  Whichever it is(assuming that it is just one of them that is a moron and not both), at least one of those people has their head firmly implanted in their ass.

There was one just like that on eBay which sold just recently. I already deleted it from my watched items, as I was just curious about that would sell for. Do you think it is the buyer of this recent auction trying to make a "score" :roll:

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:44 pm 

PM-Knight wrote:There was one just like that on eBay which sold just recently. I already deleted it from my watched items, as I was just curious about that would sell for. Do you think it is the buyer of this recent auction trying to make a "score" :roll:

That particular item, being the silver anniversary reprint, is ridiculously common.  There's no reason to assume it's the same one.  ;)

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:47 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
It's possible I suppose, but two important things to note:

On a positive note, if you listed your copy on Amazon for only $500, it would probably sell instantly (what a great deal!!!!!)  :wink:

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:48 pm 

Badmike wrote:
On a positive note, if you listed your copy on Amazon for only $500, it would probably sell instantly (what a great deal!!!!!)  :wink:

Mike B.

Believe me, that thought did cross my mind. :wink:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:01 pm 

silver_beetle wrote:I think Intelligator should have honorable mention on Acaeum or something, just because his prices are so entertaining:

$44.95! For that much it should be hand-delivered by a busty blonde in a bikini!

Scott

Just like any other reseller he is probably just basing that price on other Ebay auctions....perhaps that price is a bit out of date although I have seen them go for that amount and higher.  For the most part I think his prices are pretty reasonable though...unlike Troll & Toad.  Every time I see some of the asinine BIN's that they have my jaw drops to the floor.  So much for dropping their prices.  :roll:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:08 am 

complete book of necromancers - only £65

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:10 am 

same seller - s/b MM - looks like a first so that 's nice....

BUT - it's f***ed, and it has a reserve

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dungeons-Dragons- ... dZViewItem

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:57 am 

gyg wrote:same seller - s/b MM - looks like a first so that 's nice....

very silly - like anyone would be bidding £50+

well they might if they were total muppets that is.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:15 am 

gyg wrote:same seller - s/b MM - looks like a first so that 's nice....

I think grogfax is looking to raise some cash to pay for these:

crazy buying price if you ask me.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:19 pm 

Hmm..seems people get dumber every day:

:roll:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:22 pm 

Like, with respect to shilling?

Let mirth prevail!

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 52 of 111123 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 109110111