Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 50 of 111123 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:48 pm 

10th print Greyhawk Supplement everyone:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Yours for only $150 of you Buy it Now.  :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:06 pm 

Alright, I know this has been mentioned here before, but it just ended....so here it is again...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

8O

Seriously....What the Hell??

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:15 pm 

seeyouinescrow wrote:Alright, I know this has been mentioned here before, but it just ended....so here it is again...

8O

Seriously....What the Hell??

The winner of that auction has been popping up everywhere lately.  As a matter of fact just about every :lot" auction worth anything that has sold over the last 10 days or so has been won by that guy.  It could be one of two things; A) an overexubent newbie who will quickly burn himself out never to be seen or heard from again or B) another Creep1962 type seller who is looking to stock up on some product so that he/she can dominate the D&D marketplace. :roll:   I suspect we will find out sooner rather than later....

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:05 pm 

I know this has nothing to do with D&D but this just blew me away:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-RARE-VECTREX- ... dZViewItem

For anyone that doesnt know, the Vectrex is a self-contained video game system (console + monitor) that came out in 1982 or '83.  It was the first home vector graphics system and sold retail for about $250.  They didnt make a whole lot of them and when the video game crash of '84 hit the company that made it stopped manufacturing them.  So twenty something years later there are quite a few vintage video game enthusiasts that consider the Vectrex to be one of their "must haves".  And because of that these systems usually go for around $200 - $400 on Ebay.  Games normally run about $50 - $100 apiece and the light pen will set you back $100 - $200 easily.

But $113 for a dust cover (and still over a day to go)???  And not to mention the shipping being $8 (It's a piece of frickin plastic!  8O)  Put a ziploc freezer bag over the top and save your money for beer!  I guess the next time someone buys a beat-up, empty woodgrain box for $300 I won't balk too much.  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:21 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:I know this has nothing to do with D&D but this just blew me away:

For anyone that doesnt know, the Vectrex is a self-contained video game system (console + monitor) that came out in 1982 or '83.  It was the first home vector graphics system and sold retail for about $250.  They didnt make a whole lot of them and when the video game crash of '84 hit the company that made it stopped manufacturing them.  So twenty something years later there are quite a few vintage video game enthusiasts that consider the Vectrex to be one of their "must haves".  And because of that these systems usually go for around $200 - $400 on Ebay.  Games normally run about $50 - $100 apiece and the light pen will set you back $100 - $200 easily.

But $113 for a dust cover (and still over a day to go)???  And not to mention the shipping being $8 (It's a piece of frickin plastic!  8O)  Put a ziploc freezer bag over the top and save your money for beer!  I guess the next time someone buys a beat-up, empty woodgrain box for $300 I won't balk too much.  :wink:

Well at least most of the bidders are from outside the US. :P

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:23 pm 

Well, this seller "claims" he is willing to ship outside the UK, but his shipping cost clearly says something totally different:

http://cgi.ebay.com/D-D-RPGA-LIVING-Gre ... dZViewItem

$39 to ship six relatively thin magazines outside the the UK? Ummm, No thanks, I think that I will pass on this one...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:42 am 

bclarkie wrote:Well, this seller "claims" he is willing to ship outside the UK, but his shipping cost clearly says something totally different:

$39 to ship six relatively thin magazines outside the the UK? Ummm, No thanks, I think that I will pass on this one...

more amazing, is that its £10 to ship WITHIN the UK. feck the guy must be deranged. i've had them before and i guarantee you that the shipping would only cost about a 5th of that!!! wow.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:44 am 

i've sent him a msg too, to see how he has justified that.

the reply should be fun :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:08 am 

killjoy32 wrote:i've sent him a msg too, to see how he has justified that.

the reply should be fun :)

Al

...and so did i! lets see! :D

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:29 am 

bclarkie wrote:$39 to ship six relatively thin magazines outside the the UK? Ummm, No thanks, I think that I will pass on this one...

They want £10 (c. $18 ) to ship WITHIN the UK too. Should be a quarter that.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:19 am 

well i got a reply:

Hi there,

The costs involved are to cover not just postage, banking/sales fees, packaging as needed, travel costs etc…

For the shipping, prices varies so much, that I ask for high price not to put people off, but to ensure that I can cover the costs involved.

I have sent a number of items to outside the UK, even via tracking and they have been lost or damaged in transit.

I try to use the best packaging for items, to ensure that the winner receives it in as (mint) condition as possible.

If there is money related to P&P that has not been used I refund the difference and have done so on many occasions.

( I reduce the costs on multiple items won from me )

I don't normally make any P&P cause I am honest and the P&P isn't the way to make a profit its from the sale of the item.

I have a 100% track record on feedback, not many items only around 590, but honesty matters as we aren't dealing face to face.

If people were not happy with they would have said something…

Hope that helps, thank you for asking the question - after all it's a buyers market.

Yours truly,

Tarrek101

AKA Sean

i replied to that, in a polite fashion. i also pointed out its against ebay policy to do what he is doing and to also give him a link to here.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:22 am 

...i got exactly the same reply...  :?
and i dont want to waste anymore my time by replying to his mail...  :(

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:58 am 

i just had another reply, in which he has noted that he has reduced the shipping charge by half (now £5 to UK). i still think thats pretty excessive, but hey thats just me.

be interesting to see if any bids go on them now.

i note that, he has placed my first Q up and his 2nd A up. shame he didnt put the 2nd Q and the 1st A as well. would have made interesting reading for everyone looking at the auction.

nice to see him being at least reasonable in the right direction though.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:55 am 

Its listings like this that make me laugh out loud:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... mot_widget

Seriously, T&T is like the exact same seller Creep1962, except T&T focuses on Magic Cards where as Creep focuses on Minis:

http://toys.search.ebay.com/_Dungeons-D ... QQsbrsrtZd

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:08 am 

bclarkie wrote:Its listings like this that make me laugh out loud:

Seriously, T&T is like the exact same seller Creep1962, except T&T focuses on Magic Cards where as Creep focuses on Minis:

http://toys.search.ebay.com/_Dungeons-D ... QQsbrsrtZd

I for one will never buy from Troll and Toad regardless of the price.  I dont mind paying a little extra for something I really want but these obviously ridiculous prices are sheer idiocy on someone's part.  Maybe the person that lists these used to work for Half Price Books.  :roll:

But what seriously pisses me off is when a large seller lists an item, you win the auction or buy it, and then they dont have it in stock.  That is just piss-poor management in my opinion.  And apparently T&T has a major problem with that from reading their feedback.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:59 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote: I guess the next time someone buys a beat-up, empty woodgrain box for $300 I won't balk too much.  :wink:
WOW!!!!!!   8O
I missed that one. It must have happened while I was conspicuously absent from the forum during the past couple of years :lol:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:00 am 

i would never buy from them either.

you would think someone would actually check to see if they have an item before they list it. i know we all make the odd mistake like that, i think i have once, but hey time and time again, its pretty poor stuff.

as for prices, well sadly, if they sell things for them prices, well thats their choice. if youre stupid enough to pay them, well you deserve it for being a muppet.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:09 pm 

But what seriously pisses me off is when a large seller lists an item, you win the auction or buy it, and then they dont have it in stock.  That is just piss-poor management in my opinion.  And apparently T&T has a major problem with that from reading their feedback.

You mean they can do that  :?:  :?:  :?:   That IMO is an unthinkable thing to do, to win an auction or buy an item that's not even in stock.  I have on the rare ocassion sold a store inventory item locally or by some other means but I immediately take it out of the ebay store inventory.  But that's just me.  I even have a hard time grasping the concept of drop shipping.  :P

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 50 of 111123 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 109110111