Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 48 of 111123 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:01 am 

sleepyCO wrote:
Here I am trying to find an H1 and H3, and (talk about overpriced?!?!?) "Creepy" 's got the whole H-series at $239.95 BIN  plus $12.95 S&H.  Also, no postal insurance offered.

$239.95 + S&H? 8O  8O   And NO insurance offered???  Who's he kidding? :?

Could anyone here imagine sending a first-print or a woody by mail without insurance of some sort, or is this normal?

It doesn't make any sense, as it takes less than 30 seconds to fill out and attach an insurance form.  Sounds like a recipe for "lost in the mail" excuses.....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:08 am 

sleepyCO wrote:
Here I am trying to find an H1 and H3, and (talk about overpriced?!?!?) "Creepy" 's got the whole H-series at $239.95 BIN  plus $12.95 S&H.  Also, no postal insurance offered.

$239.95 + S&H? 8O  8O   And NO insurance offered???  Who's he kidding? :?

Could anyone here imagine sending a first-print or a woody by mail without insurance of some sort, or is this normal?

To steal a line from Xaxaxe, Avoid Creep1962 like an infected hooker. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:15 am 

Badmike wrote:
It doesn't make any sense, as it takes less than 30 seconds to fill out and attach an insurance form.  Sounds like a recipe for "lost in the mail" excuses.....

Mike B.

Makes one think Creepy and Couger/LPF are related . . .  8O  :?:  :idea: :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:16 am 

Actually Creep's quality service is really starting to have a considerable effect on his feedback:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... dback:2:us

Down to 98.8% positve, I won't be surprised to see him go the route of jonb pretty soon.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:17 am 

sleepyCO wrote:Makes one think Creepy and Couger/LPF are related . . .  8O  :?:  :idea: :roll:
Or possibly interrelating?! 8O
They could have creepy kittens.........  8O  8O  :lol:  :lol:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:31 pm 

bclarkie wrote:To steal a line from Xaxaxe, Avoid Creep1962 like an infected hooker. :wink:

:)

Ah, yes, one my old stand-bys. I like to mix it up sometimes, too, with "leprous" or "one-eyed" or something similar.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:50 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Actually Creep's quality service is really starting to have a considerable effect on his feedback:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... dback:2:us

Down to 98.8% positve, I won't be surprised to see him go the route of jonb pretty soon.

Geez, look at some of his POSITVE feedback.....that's pretty revealing in itself.  Sounds like he's the champion of slow shipping.  I'd love to see this guy disappear.  But I agree totally with BC...it'll be a Jonb version leaving lots of items unmailed.  You can see the pattern....lots of recent negatives with slow shipping and falling sales.  How much longer before Creepy has to "go to the hospital", the standby of lousy scam artists everywhere...

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:58 pm 

Badmike wrote:How much longer before Creepy has to "go to the hospital", the standby of lousy scam artists everywhere...

Ah, the hospital visit; it's hard to beat the true classics.

I think "hospital" is No. 2 in the latest AP poll of Weak Seller Excuses. The perennial No. 1, of course, is "hard drive crash," which I believe was first used as an excuse about 10 days after eBay went live.

(The great thing about the hard-drive-crash excuse is how often those bucketheads will continue to buy and sell on eBay, not realizing how easy it is to prove that they are lying just by doing a couple of simple search requests).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:04 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Ah, the hospital visit; it's hard to beat the true classics.

I think "hospital" is No. 2 in the latest AP poll of Weak Seller Excuses. The perennial No. 1, of course, is "hard drive crash," which I believe was first used as an excuse about 10 days after eBay went live.

(The great thing about the hard-drive-crash excuse is how often those bucketheads will continue to buy and sell on eBay, not realizing how easy it is to prove that they are lying just by doing a couple of simple search requests).

hey it DOES happen you know :) i went in hospital and had my appendix out so couldnt mail some stuff! :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:22 pm 

Badmike wrote:How much longer before Creepy has to "go to the hospital", the standby of lousy scam artists everywhere...

Upon further review ... he just got out of the hospital (Xaxaxe said, skeptically). Read down into his January feedback to learn more about a "four-week hospital stay."

+++++

Optional editorial: Good lord, is it that eBay's feedback system basically doesn't work, or is it that people don't bother to check the actual feedback? One look at Creepy's feedback should be enough to send anyone running for the hills ... yet he has hundreds of listings with plenty of bids. I mean, even the idiot's positives are mostly negative. I just don't get it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:34 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Geez, look at some of his POSITVE feedback.....that's pretty revealing in itself.  Sounds like he's the champion of slow shipping.  I'd love to see this guy disappear.  But I agree totally with BC...it'll be a Jonb version leaving lots of items unmailed.  You can see the pattern....lots of recent negatives with slow shipping and falling sales.  How much longer before Creepy has to "go to the hospital", the standby of lousy scam artists everywhere...

Mike B.

Another reason why ebay feedback rating is crap ...

Positive feedback rating                
Long wait for item, but eventually arrived, well packed and in good condition

Positive feedback rating                
Finally they are here! Thank you......Remember the feedback for me

These are neutral at best .... How is a long wait a positive experience with a seller?

And this...

Negative feedback rating                
never received items seller wouldn't respond to try to work it out

Reply by creep1962: I was in the hospital. You got a refund.

Auction ended on Nov  10.  Feedback Left Jan 17. Response feedback left on Jan 24. He had auctions running through Nov, Dec and Jan ...  8O

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:35 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Upon further review ... he just got out of the hospital (Xaxaxe said, skeptically). Read down into his January feedback to learn more about a "four-week hospital stay."

+++++

Optional editorial: Good lord, is it that eBay's feedback system basically doesn't work, or is it that people don't bother to check the actual feedback? One look at Creepy's feedback should be enough to send anyone running for the hills ... yet he has hundreds of listings with plenty of bids. I mean, even the idiot's positives are mostly negative. I just don't get it.

I've learned this from many friends and family that shop on ebay infrequently; newbies don't pay much attention to feedback until they are effed over for the first time.  I get calls all the time like this, "Hey, what should I do, this guy never sent the book I bought", I pull up the auction, they guy has like 94% positives with red flag negs all over the place, I ask them "What the hell were you thinking? Didn't you check the feedback first?", and it's always "Uh, no, I didn't" or "Well, he had over 90%, and the book was such a low price". I actually had my wife's brother in law, who is basically a millionaire, get ripped off on ebay buying a car on ebay motors and tell me "Well, it was only $20,000, and I learned a lesson, it would have been worth it if the deal had been legit"????????????? and when I checked the seller, red flags all over the place. Ok sure you have money to burn but why throw it away on a crappy deal?

The other excuse is that there are a lot of crappy sellers out there, you figure if the guy at least sent your stuff, even if it's four weeks late, hey you did get it finally in the end so everything is ok.  Plus people that buy predominately and especially newbies are pathalogically scared of negs under any circumstances....they'll just swallow and leave the positive rather than risk a ding to their account.  Just weird.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:40 pm 

improvstone wrote:

Auction ended on Nov  10.  Feedback Left Jan 17. Response feedback left on Jan 24. He had auctions running through Nov, Dec and Jan ...  8O

My two favorite creep feedbacks responses left can be found on the same feedback left page here(both are highlighted in Bold by me):

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... 575&de=off

NOT RECCOMENDED ! NEGATIVE FEEDBACK LEFT FOR PRODUCT DELIVERED !
 Buyer  shmoo79( 8 )    Oct-12-06 10:29    
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Reply by shmoo79: Product took 25 days to arrive after payment sent. 2 emails, no contact back   Oct-16-06 16:27  
Follow-up by creep1962: Who cares I didn't write you back. I am online retail, not dear abby.   Oct-23-06 20:58  

And this one may be the king all a$$ hole feedback

NOT RECOMMENDED ! Buyer left negative remarks, without contact.
 Buyer  jtscrilla85( 30)    Oct-06-06 22:38    

Reply by jtscrilla85: Was contacted. Rude response. Took way too long to receive item. Never buy again   Oct-10-06 07:27  
Follow-up by creep1962: Anyone who leaves negative remarks for product recieved, should be banned.

And yes this buyer bought and paid for this auction on September 1st and left feedback on October 5, five full weeks after buying this item here:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0011549800

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:50 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Ah, the hospital visit; it's hard to beat the true classics.

We should create a "Crappy Seller's Excuse Top Ten".  Here would be some of mine:

1.  Had to go to the hospital
2.  Relative had to go to hospital
3.  Relative died, had to go to funeral/hold hand at deathbed
4.  Hard drive crash
5.  Computer virus messed up files
6.  Job sent me out of town for week/two weeks/three weeks/month
7.  Item was lost in mail (excessive use of this, I know a very small percentage are legit, but you shouldn't have more than a couple a year)
8.  Was on vacation for the last week/two weeks/three weeks/month (?)
9.  All my employees quit, I had to ship all my orders myself, I'm a little behind, why are you badgering me? I'm the victim dammit!!!!
10.  Finals/SAT/GRE/Med School exam/entrance exams/big frikken test last week, sorry had to study...

Pick your own favorite single use excuse:  My two are the guy who said burglars broke into his house and stole all his product (like burglars are always targetting used RPG stuff), and the seller long ago on the aol forums who basically admitted he was selling stuff he didn't have but was so sure he'd find all the stuff eventually he was really just taking "advance orders" and would fill the orders as he found the stuff....genius!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:11 pm 

hey while i was in hospital, i got my dad to bring some ebay items in that needed wrapping to send and he then took em - now THAT is service for you :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:25 pm 

Badmike wrote:6.  Job sent me out of town for week/two weeks/three weeks/month

Oi!  My job does send me out of town!   :D

In the past, I was able to return home and ship the item within a day or two of receiving a PayPal.  Scheduling eBay and travel was easy.  Recently, work has given me little notice before sending me out of town or requesting that I go back-and-forth.  *sigh*

The upside is that I can turn off the heat, unplug the refrigerator, and anticipate a huge amount of eBay gifts to myself.   :D

killjoy32 wrote:hey while i was in hospital, i got my dad to bring some ebay items in that needed wrapping to send and he then took em - now THAT is service for you

BLUD ON PCKAGEZ SMELLIKE DETH, NEG BLOCK! - WIPE!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:32 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:BLUD ON PCKAGEZ SMELLIKE DETH, NEG BLOCK! - WIPE!

This  is really sad .. we are educating everyone to speak like cougar.  This will be the death of the english language as we know it  :lol:

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:02 pm 

I may be missing something (I hope I am...), but this auction price is unbelievable. I am new to collecting (AND ENJOYING IT GREATLY!), but I don't understand... 8O

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:

The hidden bidder identity seems suspicious as well. :roll:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 48 of 111123 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 109110111