Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 47 of 111123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:57 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dungeons-and-Dragon ... dZViewItem

Well at least the shipping is reasonable. :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:44 am 

bclarkie wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

$70 to ship to LA  8O  8O  8O  WOW

So what would shipping to Australia be $700.

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:44 am 

$70 to ship to LA        WOW

I live about 90 minutes from where the seller is and shipping is still over $37.  Maybe I can do a local pick-up :lol:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:29 am 

napoleonsdad wrote:
I live about 90 minutes from where the seller is and shipping is still over $37.  Maybe I can do a local pick-up :lol:

Hell I'll buy it you pick it up and ship it and I will save $670.  8O  8O

Or better yet Brian buys it. You pick it up. He resells it and you both split the profit.  :wink:

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:19 am 

bclarkie wrote:

Holy Crapola... 85 bucks to Texas????  Local schmokal........... at that price,  I could drive there and back and still come away for less......... Including gas money and junk food snacks both ways. This idiot is obviously hoping someone is not paying attention and has loads of money to waste.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:26 pm 

Aneoth wrote:Holy Crapola... 85 bucks to Texas????  Local schmokal........... at that price,  I could drive there and back and still come away for less......... Including gas money and junk food snacks both ways. This idiot is obviously hoping someone is not paying attention and has loads of money to waste.

Heh, you are lucky, its coming up $99 to here. :x

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:36 pm 

I was quoted $130.

If you look at his his feedback, there are a number of them saying things like "nicely packaged" etc.

For that shipping price it better be hand devlivered by the Swedish Bikini Team.

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:46 pm 

Aneoth wrote:Holy Crapola... 85 bucks to Texas????  Local schmokal........... at that price,  I could drive there and back and still come away for less......... Including gas money and junk food snacks both ways. This idiot is obviously hoping someone is not paying attention and has loads of money to waste.

Yeah, it's $128.59 for me.  I think this one belongs in the "List of sellers with exorbitant shipping/no combined ship" thread...

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:36 pm 

No box and still over 3 days to go.  I was an Ebay/collecting noob at one point (some people might say I still am  :wink: ) but I dont recall ever doing anything like this.  Maybe I should push up the price a bit more to see just how high "damienmonger" will go.  Or would that be mean?  :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:11 pm 

Yet another moron seller who has seriously over estimated the value of these cards:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TSR-ADVANCED-D-D-CO ... dZViewItem

Hmm, I'd might be willing to bet that if he moved the decimal place over two places to the left he might still have a hard time selling these cards. :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:24 pm 

thius one is pretty rich too:

Dude, just $50, thats all you need to get your hands on these two hard to find books. :roll:

<edit>

Oh and I guess if you are really lucky you can win both of these ultra hard to find items

And

An you can COMBINE shipping costs. :roll:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:00 pm 

thius one is pretty rich too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1985-D-D-Basic-Game ... QQitemZ110 089244512QQihZ001QQcategoryZ2545QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dude, just $50, thats all you need to get your hands on these two hard to find books.  

<edit>
Oh and I guess if you are really lucky you can win both of these ultra hard to find items

http://cgi.ebay.com/D-D-Basic-Game-Expe ... 1100892397 66QQihZ001QQcategoryZ2545QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And

http://cgi.ebay.com/1983-AD-D-Basic-Gam ... vels-5-7_W 0QQitemZ110089259817QQihZ001QQcategoryZ2545QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

An you can COMBINE shipping costs.

You know there is nothing more annoying than a newbie seller trying to get the maximun dollar for an item while providing the absolute minimum detail on what they are selling.  Essentially this is panhandling.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:38 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Yet another moron seller who has seriously over estimated the value of these cards:

Wow, good luck with that, bro. :)

Much like the much-maligned later Dragons that we have discussed in other threads, these cards are either giveaways, kindling, or emergency toilet paper. There is nothing special about them, the artwork sucks, and they are expensive to ship.

I had a factory set years ago ... it did not make it onto the moving truck when I moved back here in 2004. :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:49 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:
Much like the much-maligned later Dragons that we have discussed in other threads, these cards are either giveaways, kindling, or emergency toilet paper.

Geez!  You are a brave one, X.  Think of the paper cuts, and where they might be..... 8O

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:13 am 

Assinine.  I got mine at B&N for the cover price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/D-D-AD-D-RETURN-to- ... dZViewItem

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:47 am 

bombadil wrote:Assinine.  I got mine at B&N for the cover price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/D-D-AD-D-RETURN-to- ... dZViewItem

Heh, that price has actually been reduced from the last time I saw it. :roll:   I think the thing that makes it even worse is the fact is that the highest price that I have ever seen one sell for is like $70 and that was last year whenever they were on a serious surge.  They usually hover around $40-$50 nowadays if the condition is almost new.  Lets face it Creep has got to be two IQ points away from being severely mentally retarded, that really can be the only explanation.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:12 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Heh, that price has actually been reduced from the last time I saw it. :roll:   I think the thing that makes it even worse is the fact is that the highest price that I have ever seen one sell for is like $70 and that was last year whenever they were on a serious surge.  They usually hover around $40-$50 nowadays if the condition is almost new.  Lets face it Creep has got to be two IQ points away from being severely mentally retarded, that really can be the only explanation.

well that is just seriously retarded.

doubt the guy will ever learn...

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:50 am 

napoleonsdad wrote:

Heck, it's not much more expensive (relatively) to here in Colorado--$58.39 8O  :!:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 47 of 111123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 109110111