Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 47 of 111123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:44 am 

Badmike wrote:
PGX (Professional Grading Experts) is another one of the slew of "professional" grading services like CGC that have sprung up recently to take advantage of the comics buyer that wants a "guaranteed" graded comic. This foray into RPG items can only be seen as hilarious...It's very obvious by the description they don't know just what was graded.  However, I would be warned you'll probably see more of this type of thing in the future, I'm surprised Creep hasn't already decided it's the "future of RPG collecting" and gotten all his stuff graded....

http://www.pgxcomics.com/

Mike B.

Ahh, thanks for the infor Mike. Question is 5.0 even good on that scale? I know that CGC goes on a scale that lmaxes at 10.0 as its "Mint" condition , is this thing the same?

Aside, I am surprised that no one has noticed the sheer irony of this statment by the seller:

Moronic Seller wrote:Many people are offering "1974 printings and listing them as first edition", don't be fooled the early ones of limited print show price on the front cover. There was only about 25,000 of these printed according to the information found

Now it is plainly obvious that he got that information from this site, yet he seems to have flat out ignored the fact that whole 4th print sets in excellent condition don't even typically get $200, yet he seems to think that his one booklet from a 4th print set is going to sell for more that what whole 4th prints sets normally go for.  If it wasn't for how stupid it was, it would be almost pure comedic genius. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:13 pm 

People will pay a bonus for the same grade item in a slab. (And if y'don't get the grade you think it deserves, open the container and resubmit a second time in the hope of a better grade).
Ironically 5.0 ain't exactly going to set the world on fire even with that mindset.

aside: Stephen was not shifting, even above $200, IIRC. ;)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:08 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0083144046

This has to be a shipping price error...doesn't it? 8O

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:33 pm 

napoleonsdad wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Should only be $8.10 for Priority.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:00 pm 

napoleonsdad wrote:

It seems that he charges highS&H for all his auctions.......does he drive a formulsa one race car to the post office?

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:58 am 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:
It seems that he charges highS&H for all his auctions.......does he drive a formulsa one race car to the post office?

Nah . . . must drive one of Algore's "fantasy" enviro-friendly cars! :lol:  :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:08 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/2nd-edition-and-3rd ... dZViewItem

Any takers?  :wink:

Read the feedback as well.  Good for a laugh.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:03 pm 

napoleonsdad wrote:

Any takers?  :wink:

:)

Man, that might be the absolute laziest listing I've ever seen.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:52 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote: :)

Man, that might be the absolute laziest listing I've ever seen.

The big problem with the item is that his auction is for a set of CDs not printed matter.  I asked if he had a list and he replied with saying he had pretty much all of 2nd edition in electronic format but said if there were paper products I wanted he could get some.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:57 pm 

Mars wrote:
The big problem with the item is that his auction is for a set of CDs not printed matter.  I asked if he had a list and he replied with saying he had pretty much all of 2nd edition in electronic format but said if there were paper products I wanted he could get some.

The funniest part is that bidder (scorch) will probably be bitching in a month about how "Ebaysucks, man, it blows, it's a big ripoff!" when he not only bids up an invisible undescribed item, but from a guy with basically no feedback.  Both are morons.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:19 pm 

Badmike wrote:
The funniest part is that bidder (scorch) will probably be bitching in a month about how "Ebaysucks, man, it blows, it's a big ripoff!" when he not only bids up an invisible undescribed item, but from a guy with basically no feedback.  Both are morons.

Mike B.

What makes it worse is take a look at the 1 positive feedback that he has. 8O Scary stuff...

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:20 pm 

Badmike wrote:

Mike B.

You know I suspect there are a lot of people that start out on eBay and don't really look at the feedback.  I know my other half has recently started using eBay to buy (rather than asking me to buy for her and pay  8O ) and I have had educate her on a whole raft of issues she will run into.  Including the new hidden bidder / shilling feature ebay has implemented.  :evil:

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:57 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dungeons-and-Dragon ... dZViewItem

Well at least the shipping is reasonable. :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:44 am 

bclarkie wrote:

$70 to ship to LA  8O  8O  8O  WOW

So what would shipping to Australia be $700.

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:44 am 

$70 to ship to LA        WOW

I live about 90 minutes from where the seller is and shipping is still over $37.  Maybe I can do a local pick-up :lol:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:29 am 

napoleonsdad wrote:
I live about 90 minutes from where the seller is and shipping is still over $37.  Maybe I can do a local pick-up :lol:

Hell I'll buy it you pick it up and ship it and I will save $670.  8O  8O

Or better yet Brian buys it. You pick it up. He resells it and you both split the profit.  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:19 am 

bclarkie wrote:

Holy Crapola... 85 bucks to Texas????  Local schmokal........... at that price,  I could drive there and back and still come away for less......... Including gas money and junk food snacks both ways. This idiot is obviously hoping someone is not paying attention and has loads of money to waste.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:26 pm 

Aneoth wrote:Holy Crapola... 85 bucks to Texas????  Local schmokal........... at that price,  I could drive there and back and still come away for less......... Including gas money and junk food snacks both ways. This idiot is obviously hoping someone is not paying attention and has loads of money to waste.

Heh, you are lucky, its coming up $99 to here. :x

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 47 of 111123 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 109110111