Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 37 of 111123 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:26 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Not that this will be my first, or last, dumb question, but ... uh, which one is Lance? I really don't recognize any of those IDs, although RPGauctions sounds familiar.

Lance --> Ebay ID of lofenloc,  posts here under the name Ittybitty. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:35 pm 

Thanks, BC.

Actually, I'm glad the L3 will stay "within the family," so to speak. I just sold a bunch of Cosmic Encounter stuff, too, and most of it went to players I actually play against online. I feel like it's all going to be sent to good homes.

BTW, Itty, congrats and no worries about the payment. Take your time.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:56 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
maybe lance can tell us

Thought an item in the lot was one I needed, found out with seconds left it wasn't......what can I say...D'oh...

I have to start writing this stuff (what I have) down.

Lance

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:03 am 

bclarkie wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Alan has just lost the distiction of being the person from the forum with the highest bid ever on an L3. :?  Why????

Temporary Insanity..... :lol:

Actually, I wanted just the module (I hate breaking up sets) and well...it would of been fine if THOSE TWO OTHER bidders had not gotten in my way.

Well, it is going to a good cause (as I try to rationalize the amount of money spent on it).

More madness to come later....

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:13 am 

I now feel better.  One of my first buys when I started collecting was an L3 I payed $130 for it.  I was a newbie and I thought it was RARE.

Martin

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:27 am 

it always amazes me how the L3's seem to sell for more than the shrinkwrapped box set.  do people not know where the L3's come from?

-dave

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:36 am 

bclarkie wrote:

Alan has just lost the distiction of being the person from the forum with the highest bid ever on an L3. :?  Why????

lol!! holy feck $139.50!!!

oh btw my L3 many moons ago was $73 so that wasnt THAT bad, specially not these days :D

hey lance, i have a box set in my store for less than that L3 chummer :D

oh deary deary me :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:13 am 

Sorry about another ebay question . . . if you all could look at pages 17 or 18 of this thread; there is a link to an auction for 109 or so modules (eventually went for over $1200.00 on a last-minute snipe against cougarrinard, for once!).  I noticed looking at the bid history that one of the bids was by a bidder who had "no longer a registered user" next to his/her name.  Unless this happened after the particular auction, I thought you couldn't bid unless you were a registered user . . . ??

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:47 am 

sleepyCO wrote:Sorry about another ebay question . . . if you all could look at pages 17 or 18 of this thread; there is a link to an auction for 109 or so modules (eventually went for over $1200.00 on a last-minute snipe against cougarrinard, for once!).  I noticed looking at the bid history that one of the bids was by a bidder who had "no longer a registered user" next to his/her name.  Unless this happened after the particular auction, I thought you couldn't bid unless you were a registered user . . . ??

This one?

Link

It seems that the account of the buyer is now valid again.

I think sometimes ebay freezes accounts(if that expression means st in your language) for some reasons when something gets wrong (complaint maybe), and the account is 'unregistered'.

After a view days, the account is registered again, if evertything goes right. And all the links are updated.

I have seen such situations.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:52 am 

SleepyCO,

I really hope that you didn't bookmark this auction for the picture of the buyer. Please, tell me that it is not the case...
Really!
Beware, "me page", NOT TOTALLY WORKSAFE  :P

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:06 am 

sleepyCO wrote:Sorry about another ebay question . . . if you all could look at pages 17 or 18 of this thread; there is a link to an auction for 109 or so modules (eventually went for over $1200.00 on a last-minute snipe against cougarrinard, for once!).  I noticed looking at the bid history that one of the bids was by a bidder who had "no longer a registered user" next to his/her name.  Unless this happened after the particular auction, I thought you couldn't bid unless you were a registered user . . . ??

You can't bid if you are not registered.  The bidder in question became unregistered after this auction was completed. Just because you become unregistered with Ebay, they don't erase everything that you have ever done.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:12 am 

Thanks, le Rahib and bclarkie - - - I should've thought of that first; I have a few of those designations on my feedback pages, and should've remembered that.

Le Rahib--"bookmark the auction for the picture of the buyer"?

No . . . I'm still waiting for another poster to put up her photo in a chainmail bikini and kneeboots!! :D  8O  :D  :!:  (Don't dump on me; she was the one who suggested it in another post! :D )

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:33 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/TSR-ADVANCED-DUNGEO ... dZViewItem

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright................

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:16 pm 

seen this?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/TSR-AD-D-1991-GOLD-B ... dZViewItem

BIN for only $1,200 US

Gary H. Kramer

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:23 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright................

gkramer wrote:seen this?

BIN for only $1,200 US

Heh, I think that you would have trouble GIVING those cards away to people, let alone trying to charge $300 & $1200 for them respectively. :roll:   Christ, what goes through peoples heads???

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:55 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Heh, I think that you would have trouble GIVING those cards away to people, let alone trying to charge $300 & $1200 for them respectively. :roll:   Christ, what goes through peoples heads???

There's a "Submit Best Offer" button. Use it to ask the guy if he would take a buck for the lot.....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:09 pm 

I offered him $10. Hey, they were hand-collected!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:33 pm 

IttyBitty wrote:Actually, I wanted just the module (I hate breaking up sets) and well...it would of been fine if THOSE TWO OTHER bidders had not gotten in my way.

Ah, but the problem is when the bids get that high on an L3 it just encourages more people to break up their SA sets and sell the L3 individually.

*shrug*

By all acounts, it's a terrible module and not what Lakofka intended.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 37 of 111123 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 109110111