Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 16 of 100123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 9899100
Author

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:49 pm 
 

bombadil wrote:
bbarsh wrote:Ok, I thought this lot was ridiculous when it $300 out of the blue. Now $405!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even for newbays this just f-ing nuts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1


I think it's the Black & Decker vibrator that comes with it they're bidding on.




I actually went back to see if there was a vibrator in the picture..... :oops:



I would like to see the stuff in the green portfolio just to see if there was anything interesting they wrote up..


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3861
Joined: Feb 21, 2004
Last Visit: Aug 21, 2020
Location: Milford, Michigan

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:59 pm 
 

It is always fun to see someone else's homebrew stuff. I have a failry large stash of stuff garnered from various purchases over the last year or so. I used to just throw it all out. But I am gonna auction it off with my next ebay dump (next couple weeks or so).

Of course, I am not gonna drop $400 to see what this dude has... 8O


And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

 WWW  


Active Collector

Posts: 60
Joined: May 01, 2006
Last Visit: May 06, 2012
Location: San Diego, CA

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:06 pm 
 

bbarsh wrote:Ok, I thought this lot was ridiculous when it $300 out of the blue. Now $405!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even for newbays this just f-ing nuts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1




Come on man be reasonable, those character sheets come with illustrations.


In search of the unknown...

 YIM  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:24 pm 
 

Marlith wrote:I would like to see the stuff in the green portfolio just to see if there was anything interesting they wrote up..

I used to keep all my D&D stuff in a green TrapperKeeper!  8O  8O

I actually just checked carefully to make sure that wasn't mine (which went missing circa 1983). But it's not ... I never drew pictures like that, and I certainly tried to make sure my dungeon layouts didn't look like a vulva.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 24, 2020

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:38 pm 
 

Xaxaxe wrote:
Marlith wrote:I would like to see the stuff in the green portfolio just to see if there was anything interesting they wrote up..

I used to keep all my D&D stuff in a green TrapperKeeper!  8O  8O

I actually just checked carefully to make sure that wasn't mine (which went missing circa 1983). But it's not ... I never drew pictures like that, and I certainly tried to make sure my dungeon layouts didn't look like a vulva.


The thing is, Xaxaxe, no one at my game table had that much anatomical knowledge back in the day.  I could have named my dungeon, "Queen Labia's Tube of the Fallopians" and they wouldn't have snickered.  :lol:

Mark   8)


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  


Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 2884
Joined: Nov 04, 2004
Last Visit: May 09, 2020

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:47 pm 
 

Honestly, the green Trapper got my heart-rate going. The one I lost had all my characters, a bunch of NPCs, some dungeon notes, etc.

I mean, logically, I know it's long gone ... it wouldn't have survived being lost for 23 years. Emotionally, I would love to find it somewhere.

[heavy sigh]

[/heavy sigh]

 WWW  


Verbose Collector

Posts: 1649
Joined: Sep 03, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 05, 2021
Location: Portown

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:29 pm 
 

Favonius Cornelius wrote:
bbarsh wrote:Ok, I thought this lot was ridiculous when it $300 out of the blue. Now $405!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even for newbays this just f-ing nuts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1


Come on man be reasonable, those character sheets come with illustrations.




I was just about to post this auction...it seems a bit high with not much meat.



Although the Dungeon Hobby Shop catalog is interesting...I haven't seen that one before. Anybody know what year it is? I'd guess 80 or 81 based on all of the other products.



Hexagonal Mapping Paper in shrinkwrap might be hard to find...but still (and the staples look real rusty).

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:56 pm 
 

this has got to be wishful thinking and he's got 14 of them!!!



http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... egory=2546



  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:00 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:this has got to be wishful thinking and he's got 14 of them!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... egory=2546


And he's nearby...I can save a bundle on shipping!  :roll:

 YIM  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:07 pm 
 

deimos3428 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:this has got to be wishful thinking and he's got 14 of them!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... egory=2546

And he's nearby...I can save a bundle on shipping!  :roll:




lol hehehe :)



still pretty damn pricey tho eh? i am sure i have seen them selling real cheaply here and there...



Al



  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:28 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:this has got to be wishful thinking and he's got 14 of them!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... egory=2546

And he's nearby...I can save a bundle on shipping!  :roll:


lol hehehe :)

still pretty damn pricey tho eh? i am sure i have seen them selling real cheaply here and there...

Al


I have no idea.  It's a d20 book; the cover prices these days are ridiculously expensive to begin with.  I can't find an English "Atlas of Greyhawk", but I think this is the french version of the "Living Greyhawk Gazetteer", which has a MSRP of $26.95 USD.  The French version seems to list for 40 Euros.  Of course, eBay should be less, not more.

 YIM  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3861
Joined: Feb 21, 2004
Last Visit: Aug 21, 2020
Location: Milford, Michigan

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:43 pm 
 

http://cgi.ebay.com/AD-D-Module-OP1-TAL ... dZViewItem



Don't these usually go for around $5????????????? 8O


And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 671
Joined: Dec 17, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 13, 2019
Location: Italy

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:01 am 
 

bbarsh wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/AD-D-Module-OP1-TAL ... dZViewItem

Don't these usually go for around $5????????????? 8O




It may be a bit over the usual value, but still it's only 22 dollars. I'd say it's about acceptable.

 ICQ  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3066
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 30, 2015

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:20 am 
 

bbarsh wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/AD-D-Module-OP1-TAL ... dZViewItem

Don't these usually go for around $5????????????? 8O


I had a heck of a time finding a nice one at an ultra-cheap price (sub $10 before shipping).  It took a few months of lazy searching, but I managed.  Yes, that's too high.

 YIM  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1709
Joined: Feb 04, 2004
Last Visit: Aug 23, 2016
Location: Chandler, AZ

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:49 am 
 

deimos3428 wrote:
bbarsh wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/AD-D-Module-OP1-TAL ... dZViewItem

Don't these usually go for around $5????????????? 8O

I had a heck of a time finding a nice one at an ultra-cheap price (sub $10 before shipping).  It took a few months of lazy searching, but I managed.  Yes, that's too high.




Hey!  Didn't you buy that from me?  Ultra cheap, months of lazy searching . . . hmm, guess I must of set the BIN too low.   :P


"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3861
Joined: Feb 21, 2004
Last Visit: Aug 21, 2020
Location: Milford, Michigan

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:31 pm 
 

guerret wrote:
bbarsh wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/AD-D-Module-OP1-TAL ... dZViewItem

Don't these usually go for around $5????????????? 8O


It may be a bit over the usual value, but still it's only 22 dollars. I'd say it's about acceptable.




Well crap. I have an extra one. I'll let it go $20!!!! How about that? :wink:


And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 671
Joined: Dec 17, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 13, 2019
Location: Italy

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:21 pm 
 

bbarsh wrote:
guerret wrote:
bbarsh wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/AD-D-Module-OP1-TAL ... dZViewItem

Don't these usually go for around $5????????????? 8O


It may be a bit over the usual value, but still it's only 22 dollars. I'd say it's about acceptable.


Well crap. I have an extra one. I'll let it go $20!!!! How about that? :wink:




I'd consider the offer, however I have a SW copy which I purchased for about 12 dollars, so I'll pass.

 ICQ  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1709
Joined: Feb 04, 2004
Last Visit: Aug 23, 2016
Location: Chandler, AZ

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:56 pm 
 

I'd consider the offer, however I have a SW copy which I purchased for about 12 dollars, so I'll pass.


Was OP1 shrinkwrapped?  I always thought it wasn't.


"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Posts: 1843
Joined: May 01, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 22, 2021
Location: Almost Lake Geneva, WI

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:08 pm 
 

Beyondthebreach wrote:Was OP1 shrinkwrapped?  I always thought it wasn't.


Well if you WANT it shrink'd, just drop by, I'll be happy to shrink one FOR you.

  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2491
Joined: Feb 07, 2006
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2021
Location: France / Cité des Papes

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:14 pm 
 

Is it possible to find somewhere which modules/supplements have been released in shrink and which ones not?

 WWW  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 16 of 100123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 9899100