Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 106 of 111123 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:55 pm 

guerret wrote:

To be honest, I think that the BIN price is outrageous, but the starting bid is probably somewhat less than one would expect to pay for the complete set. The leather cover set fetches neat amounts of money, definitely.

Not that much.

Recent auction prices (not including shipping):

51, 61, 52, 69, 52, 64

Recent BINs:

84, 90

There was also a non-sale at 69.95 with a 74.95 BIN.

This guy is well above market.  You would think he would have learned his lesson, as he already listed the set at $190 starting bid (same $240 BIN) and got no action.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:42 pm 

Encyclopedia Magica.

Same seller, same listing new prices.

WOWSERS!

A seller who actually can back off of high prices.......

He has revised his Bin and his starting price both.

Starting at $50, BIN at $140.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:33 am 

GreyM wrote:

OCE sold for $249.99 with a BIN?

and not in that great of a condition (atleast IMHO)

it has been sold in less than 24h!!!  8O  8O  8O

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:34 am 

Grug Greyskin wrote:
Not that much.

Recent auction prices (not including shipping):
51, 61, 52, 69, 52, 64
Recent BINs:
84, 90

There was also a non-sale at 69.95 with a 74.95 BIN.

Ok, that's less than I thought.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:06 pm 

I'm still amazed at how much Gary's demise has bumped prices up. I had placed 18 dollars on this one and I thought I was going to overpay it. It's never been worth this much.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... AA:US:1123

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:44 pm 

guerret wrote:I'm still amazed at how much Gary's demise has bumped prices up. I had placed 18 dollars on this one and I thought I was going to overpay it. It's never been worth this much.

Nah, that's the second one I've sold, the first one went for a little over $20 if memory serves. Honestly, getting any of the main D&D/AD&D modules for under $20 in the shrink is rare. At least, in the last 6 months that I've been looking that is. :) Personally speaking, even as a buyer, I'd pay $20 for most modules in the shrink, that's a fair deal for me. YMMV I guess. :)

Zen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:24 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/rare-mint-Citadel-G ... .m14.l1308

That's ridiculous.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:29 pm 

Zenfinite wrote:
Nah, that's the second one I've sold, the first one went for a little over $20 if memory serves. Honestly, getting any of the main D&D/AD&D modules for under $20 in the shrink is rare. At least, in the last 6 months that I've been looking that is. :) Personally speaking, even as a buyer, I'd pay $20 for most modules in the shrink, that's a fair deal for me. YMMV I guess. :)

Zen

I agree, I am generally ready to pay *way* more than that for SW modules. But I realize there are modules which fetch ludicrously low prices, even in the shrink. That one used to be one of them; others are, for example, B6, X6 and X8.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:30 pm 

guerret wrote:
I agree, I am generally ready to pay *way* more than that for SW modules. But I realize there are modules which fetch ludicrously low prices, even in the shrink. That one used to be one of them; others are, for example, B6, X6 and X8.

Hey I need B6 and X6, if you got any spares you wanna send my way for a low price let me know. :)

Zen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:06 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:

That's ridiculous.

didnt one of them sell for something silly like $900+ a long while back?

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:01 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:

That's ridiculous.

One of the rarest pieces in the citadel line.  In the box 8O   Your right $645 is ridiculous, should be more like $1000+

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:02 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
didnt one of them sell for something silly like $900+ a long while back?

Yes it was over $1000.  If I did not have one already I would be bidding on this auction :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:00 pm 

I wrote T&T to tell them what I thought about them using a stock picture for their Orange SWed B3.

Their reply (Actually .... replies)

Hello,

I am glad if our current auction will allow yours to sell, however the photo we have used for our auction is not a stock photo. We got this Shrink Wrapped Orange Palace of the Silver Princess as part of the Fonarow Collection. It is a scan (I myself made) of the product we currently have in our inventory.

- trollandtoadstore

Fonarow, was that the HUGE collection they paid like $150,00 for a little bit back?

And the latest one:

it's not a "freaking" stock photo... it's a photo... I scanned for this auction, its shrink wrap mint condition, please post your items at whatever price you wish, we will do the same.

- trollandtoadstore

BTW: Is a scan considered a photo?

Anyway; My comment back in response to the above from them.....

Picture shown is a stock picture of a B3 Palace of the Silver Princess (Rare Orange Cover Version). The actual condition is: New Softcover in Original Shrink Wrap!.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... TQ:US:1123
Those are YOUR words, not mine..... Read your listing. Sheese. Did you think I made that comment up? If it is NOT a stock picture, then perhaps you might wish to re-write the description in that listing. I certainly would. Especially for an item that is so expensive.....  BTW: Do you guys want to buy my copy of B3 Orange (SW)? I guarantee that my scans are of the actual item being sold. Honestly my Best regards, Aneoth.

Kinda sad and funny at the same time..........

Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:07 pm 

Aneoth,

I think we will have to place a little note in your file saying "Does not work and play well with others".  :lol:   Yes, I know it is T&T but you seem to bring out the worst in folks.  :lol:

Martin

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:18 pm 

Prufrock wrote:Aneoth,

I think we will have to place a little note in your file saying "Does not work and play well with others".  :lol:   Yes, I know it is T&T but you seem to bring out the worst in folks.  :lol:

Martin

Martin, perhaps that note shold be placed in my file.
I cannot deny that at times I seem to rub folks the wrong way. 8O
(I can already almost see the witty replies to that wording)  :roll:

However, those guys are absent minded at the least... and IMO complete doofises..... (Is doofises even a real word?)

They sent me TWO seperate notes denying what is STILL written in the first sentence of their listing for that item.

Picture shown is a stock picture of a B3 Palace of the Silver Princess (Rare Orange Cover Version). The actual condition is: New Softcover in Original Shrink Wrap!.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:26 pm 

Aneoth,

I'm on your side.  I love following the tifs you get into with these folks.  But you do seem to have a better track record at resolving things like this, than I do.  

Martin

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:30 pm 

I just asked (thru the auction listing) why I had to pay $8,500 for this item and not be able to see an actual photo.  I doubt I will get a response.

Martin

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:33 pm 

Prufrock wrote:I just asked (thru the auction listing) why I had to pay $8,500 for this item and not be able to see an actual photo.  I doubt I will get a response.

Martin

Actually, I think you will hear back from them, though I think it might take a few days.
It took them about a week to respond to me. And then they did so twice within a few moments.
I also suspect that after my last note to them (And your note) the listing description will be revised/corrected. :lol:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 106 of 111123 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 109110111