Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 10 of 111123 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:08 pm 

wow  8O  8O  8O

get a load of the shipping charges on this one!!!

like hes really going to get an international bidder on them? er no...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DUNGEONS-AND-DRAG ... dZViewItem

:P

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:40 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
Blackmoor wrote:
NetRodent wrote:I've managed to pick up quite a bit of stuff lately for a lot less than I would have had to have spent in the post Christmas period.

As there is more awarness about collectable D&D items this spread will grow.  There was alot of the common printed and still in the basements and garages of the owners!  The rare stuff will only get more rare and difficult to find as the colectors gobble them up!

Guys, we're in Canada.  Have you seen the exchange rate lately?  Buy like mad!  Blackmoor, you saved quite a bit on that woody. :wink:

I am well aware of that, the woody I bought last week cost $4680 canadian.  If I would have put the same bid on the woody Red_Bus won last november it would have cost me about $500.00 canadian more. :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:10 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:
Blackmoor wrote:
NetRodent wrote:I've managed to pick up quite a bit of stuff lately for a lot less than I would have had to have spent in the post Christmas period.

As there is more awarness about collectable D&D items this spread will grow.  There was alot of the common printed and still in the basements and garages of the owners!  The rare stuff will only get more rare and difficult to find as the colectors gobble them up!

Guys, we're in Canada.  Have you seen the exchange rate lately?  Buy like mad!  Blackmoor, you saved quite a bit on that woody. :wink:

I am well aware of that, the woody I bought last week cost $4680 canadian.  If I would have put the same bid on the woody Red_Bus won last november it would have cost me about $500.00 canadian more. :D

Heh.  Well that's an interesting one.  From a $USD perspective, first print woodies are trending* up 3% over the last 6 months.  From a $CAD perspective, they're plummetting 10%!   8O

*I use the term "trending" extremely loosely here.

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:25 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
Blackmoor wrote:

I would, except most of my income is in US dollars.   :evil:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:22 am 

:roll:

Reserve must have been met!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/TSR-AD-D-FORGOTTEN- ... dZViewItem

I'm just about to list this item - someone should tell saintsfanjr that I'll sell him the book for only $75.00 and I'll even pay shipping!   :P

(actually, I just set the BIN at $20.00 - kind of high for the condition it is in, but it usually is a hot item.  Still a lot better than $95.00!)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:37 am 

Can't help but think this guy is really proud of this module.

http://cgi.ebay.com/City-of-Skulls-Grey ... dZViewItem

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:44 am 

Beyondthebreach wrote::roll:

Reserve must have been met!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/TSR-AD-D-FORGOTTEN- ... dZViewItem

I'm just about to list this item - someone should tell saintsfanjr that I'll sell him the book for only $75.00 and I'll even pay shipping!   :P

(actually, I just set the BIN at $20.00 - kind of high for the condition it is in, but it usually is a hot item.  Still a lot better than $95.00!)

wow  8O  8O  8O

surely not worth that is it?

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:11 am 

Beyondthebreach wrote:I just set the BIN at $20.00 - kind of high for the condition it is in, but it usually is a hot item.  Still a lot better than $95.00!)

Sure is. ::poof::

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:22 am 

Disjected wrote:Can't help but think this guy is really proud of this module.

http://cgi.ebay.com/City-of-Skulls-Grey ... dZViewItem

All his auctions are like that or seem to be. I had noticed the hifg starting and close BIN before. They do that in place of a reserve I think. I am not a seller but aren't there more cost effective ways to accomplish what they are trying to do like using an eBay store?

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:28 am 

ExTSR wrote:
Beyondthebreach wrote:I just set the BIN at $20.00 - kind of high for the condition it is in, but it usually is a hot item.  Still a lot better than $95.00!)

Sure is. ::poof::

That will teach me to read and post instead of shop. I reverse the order for one day  :cry: The $95 dollar price does seem a little high. I am thinking closer to $45 - $60 is the normal range is it not?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:36 am 

Oh. Are the FOR modules actually worth something? Wow. I purchased every one of them by the time they came out; it's good to know that I don't have to spend that much money to get them now.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:38 am 

$90.00 for Code of the Harpers maybe one of the dumbest prices that I have ever seen.  :roll:  Anyone who pays more that $20 for it is a complete moron.  A classic overpayer only paid $11.01 for less than 2 days ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FOR4-AD-D-2nd-Ed-Th ... dZViewItem

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:42 am 

thehiddenone wrote:$90.00 for Code of the Harpers maybe one of the dumbest prices that I have ever seen.  :roll:  Anyone who pays more that $15 for it is a complete moron,

Frank any comment on this  :lol:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:43 am 

Marlith wrote:
thehiddenone wrote:$90.00 for Code of the Harpers maybe one of the dumbest prices that I have ever seen.  :roll:  Anyone who pays more that $15 for it is a complete moron,

Well here is another one that went less than 3 days ago for $21.50:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Forgotten-Realms-Co ... dZViewItem

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:48 am 

thehiddenone wrote:
Marlith wrote:

Well here is another one that went less than 3 days ago for $21.50:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Forgotten-Realms-Co ... dZViewItem

I agree with the $90. I was just pointing out that Frank just used a BIN for $20 and you so kindly pointed out anyone paying more than $15 is a complete idiot...They have gone for more in the past but perhaps the market has cooled.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:58 am 

Marlith wrote:
I agree with the $90. I was just pointing out that Frank just used a BIN for $20 and you so kindly pointed out anyone paying more than $15 is a complete idiot...They have gone for more in the past but perhaps the market has cooled.

ABout 2 years ago they were "hot" and people were over-paying for them at $30-$35 each, but that trend has cooled considerably since then.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:58 am 

We just got into a discussion on one aspect of this over at Dragonsfoot. We can evaluate and compare and sneer, but we're Informed, an unusual subsegment of the greater Market. Most of the market is NOT informed, and pays for their ignorance.

The other aspect for me is GenCon. Apparently there's still a fair market there that either doesn't get online (doubtful) or doesn't take the time to stalk eBay like y'all do (probable). Hell, *I* don't have the time to do it right; I've got two other jobs to handle.

So anyway you'll see me buy some odd things for odd prices because I can make a profit at GenCon. [Germane but OT for this board: One example is Last Unicorn's Dune RPG (ltd ed of 1000, and the writer now works for GenCon LLC and we can get him to autograph 'em; added value).]

Code of the Harpers is one of those items that's inordinately popular to GenCon attendees and some online buyers. ::shrug:: Dunno why, it just is. I'm content to observe and act on pragmatic reality and don't have to analyze it to death. ;>

(edit) otoh, maybe I'm just a complete idiot. If you think so, then please don't bid on the uniques and ultrarares I keep putting up on eBay.  :roll:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:18 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/TSR-AD-D-1st-Ed-Dun ... dZViewItem

This is just plain getting crazy.   8O

You can buy the set in shrink at that price.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 10 of 111123 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 109110111