Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 85 of 111123 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:42 pm 

VermilionFire wrote:Tortured Souls #12 was pretty hard for me to find probably because it was the last issue; I think I paid around $75 on eBay, though I'm sure it can be had for less.  19 pounds may not be a bad deal for that one.  The others are pretty common to pick up.

#9, 10, and 12 are harder ones to find.  The person who bought the old Beast Entz stock and was selling them off did not have many issues of these but lots of others - there were a couple lower numbers that they ran out of as well.

They do sometimes get up there but just as many go by for under $10 under the radar.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:26 pm 

Mars wrote:
#9, 10, and 12 are harder ones to find.  The person who bought the old Beast Entz stock and was selling them off did not have many issues of these but lots of others - there were a couple lower numbers that they ran out of as well.

They do sometimes get up there but just as many go by for under $10 under the radar.

Luckly I got mine years ago, I don't think I ever paid more than a couple of pounds for each...

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:45 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Well if at first you don't succeed try, try, try again.  And then if that doesn't work lower the price and try again...and then if that still doesnt work jack the price back up and try again....   :roll:

And again:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Six-Dungeons-And-Dr ... dZViewItem

:lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:50 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

And again:

Give a few more posts and maybe it ends up going for the $5.00 it is worth :lol:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:10 pm 

Steamrolled and stained Moldvay Basic set:

$41.  :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:35 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Well, he actually reduced it from $199.  We discussed it here just the other day:

viewtopic.php?p=96989#96989

Although I would agree it not absolutely ridiculous, I would also say that it is rather high even where it stands now reduced from $199.

I charge what the traffic will bear. Obviously, Ebay wouldn't bear it so the auction was a bust. However, I refuse to reduce a really nice (mint) non-photocopy D&D item just because I'm selling it on Ebay.

FYI.. I've had offers up to $100 but I still think that's low considering the condition. Maybe I'll settle for around that range.. maybe not.

I love seeing an auction of mine in this thread.....

:roll:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:52 am 

Are you kidding me?

Really?

REALLY?

I had a nice bid on these for a few days... and BAM! Now this is just silly. Bummer...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:00 am 

TheMilford wrote:Are you kidding me?

Really?

I had a nice bid on these for a few days... and BAM! Now this is just silly. Bummer...

I don't think these are too surprising.  Right now the price for this is at about $7 or $8 a set after shipping.  Besides, I still don't think I'm going to win, there's 6 more hours left in the auction.  Feel somewhat satisfied that you have had a chance to counter bid upto your maximun - normally I would just snipe them in the last minute.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:43 am 

Mars wrote:

I don't think these are too surprising.  Right now the price for this is at about $7 or $8 a set after shipping.  Besides, I still don't think I'm going to win, there's 6 more hours left in the auction.  Feel somewhat satisfied that you have had a chance to counter bid upto your maximun - normally I would just snipe them in the last minute.

Heehee. I thought that might be you. I just wanted the Multi-colored set and figured I'd trade or sell off the others... maybe keep one of the yellow sets to open up and use.

Funny thing is I used to have a hobby shop near me that sold all of the Armory stuff and I had a set of these and those Chameleons (I just found my last d20!) and their big-ass crayons (red, yellow, white, black). I'm just trying to get back what I've lost or traded away years ago.

I wanted to bid on these but I won't use Paypal.

I'm dying for a set of those old Armory crayons, ever see them on the bay?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:23 pm 

Fraid not, but I can sympathize with wanting them. They remind me of the story 'Harold and the Purple Crayon,' where the character creates new realities much like a DM.

When I began collecting in the late 1980s, I went around buying up all the old obsolete merchandise I could find, like these crayons. By then, the task of spending hours messily preparing dice was already something most gamers wanted only to forget.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:35 pm 

I remember in the late 80's early 90's digging through piles of  OOP TSR modules on clearance at the local KayBee toys stores. That's how I got SW'd copies of all the early Gamma World and Star Fronteirs modules as well as a bunch of 80's D&D nd AD&D modules.

I've since gotten rid of anything post 1983... but I wish I had stocked up on all tha Armory stuff since my local shop had it all on their "discount" rack.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:44 pm 

Looks like you won dude!

Wanna sell one of thos sets?  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:47 pm 

Anyone one interested in some individual spell fire cards?

Very long link

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:49 pm 

Anyone one interested in some individual spell fire cards?

Very long link

Looks like you can pick up a complete 1st editions set for $20 and a nearly complete 2nd edition set for $15 from this other seller.  Really, the only thing I know about the Spellfire game was that it wasn't very good and tried to play it when it came out.  My guess they would be hard to sell at any price.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:59 pm 

Actually, Spellfire is a REALLY fun card game, as long as you ignore the existence of chase cards. :)

They actually do have some worth, however. The 1st and 2nd edition chase card sets you listed are so cheap because, honestly, the chase from those sets suck. I've seen the good rares go for near $100. Each. Really, just depends on what you have.

Zenfinite

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:12 pm 

$181 for a mono B1...

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:39 pm 

$181 for a mono B1...

I had to look, thinking the module was made with gold leaf on the cover.

-Len

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:58 am 

lokiwookie wrote:$181 for a mono B1...

I bought one of these at Half Price Books in the Seattle University District just the other day.

It was $2 for a copy in a plastic sleeve in outstanding condition.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 85 of 111123 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 109110111