Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 84 of 111123 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:44 pm 

Please excuse my ignorance, but why would somebody want this Wrath of Immortals set?  It certainly isn't that old.  Is it rare or good or both? :?:   Or neither?

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:47 pm 

benjoshua wrote:Please excuse my ignorance, but why would somebody want this Wrath of Immortals set?  It certainly isn't that old.  Is it rare or good or both? :?:   Or neither?

It is not that common especially in good shape.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:51 pm 

benjoshua wrote:Please excuse my ignorance, but why would somebody want this Wrath of Immortals set?  It certainly isn't that old.  Is it rare or good or both? :?:   Or neither?

The set is okay. Its one of the more popular 2nd edition items, however a lot of that has to with the fact that it has "Immortals" in the title. :?   Like the Bloodstone modules, the 1st edition Immortal set, most Planescape stuff and just about anything else that references high levels, gods, demons, devils &/or planar creatures.  Its popularity is at least partially rooted in the fact that it has to do with those things, because those things are viewed as *kewl*.  It's just one of those things that more gamers are attracted to than others.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:09 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
The set is okay. Its one of the more popular 2nd edition items, however a lot of that has to with the fact that it has "Immortals" in the title. :?   Like the Bloodstone modules, the 1st edition Immortal set, most Planescape stuff and just about anything else that references high levels, gods, demons, devils &/or planar creatures.  Its popularity is at least partially rooted in the fact that it has to do with those things, because those things are viewed as *kewl*.  It's just one of those things that more gamers are attracted to than others.

It's probably harder to find than a lot of other Mystara stuff, but not particularly more difficult IMO. It does contain two books, and two maps, and as we all know the more items included in a box set, the exponential fact that more sets will be incomplete as a result...

But yeh, $100+ seems a bit uncalled for.  

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:49 am 

Seemingly undunted by previous failures to sell $5 to $10 worth of books for $50 to $100:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Even with the 50% reduction in price this is still a pile of junk with most items written in and having missing pages.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:20 pm 

8O  8O  8O

D&D Original White Boxed Set + Chainmail + Greyhawk +

BLACKMOOR - ELDRITCH WIZARDRY - SWORDS & SPELLS - GODS

http://cgi.ebay.com/D-D-Original-White- ... dZViewItem

Huh?

Hello Mrs. Cleaver, Theodore.

Gee, Mrs. Cleaver ... That certainly is a lovely dress.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:04 pm 

smarmy1 wrote:8O  8O  8O

D&D Original White Boxed Set + Chainmail + Greyhawk +
BLACKMOOR - ELDRITCH WIZARDRY - SWORDS & SPELLS - GODS

Huh?

No reference sheets? So incomplete?

.... obviously accounts for the massive discount  :roll:

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Last edited by obiter on Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:23 pm 

napoleonsdad wrote:

Price slashed :!:  :!:

Even with the 50% reduction in price this is still a pile of junk with most items written in and having missing pages.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Six-Dungeons-And-Dr ... dZViewItem

Well if at first you don't succeed try, try, try again.  And then if that doesn't work lower the price and try again...and then if that still doesnt work jack the price back up and try again....   :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:39 pm 

What, exactly, is "acceptable condition?"

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:50 am 

g'day guys! sat at Brendon's pc in Perth just now. nice being on holiday for a change! :)

get a load of these:

thats optimism at its best, and i guess, stupidity at its worst :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:39 pm 

Tortured Souls #12 was pretty hard for me to find probably because it was the last issue; I think I paid around $75 on eBay, though I'm sure it can be had for less.  19 pounds may not be a bad deal for that one.  The others are pretty common to pick up.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:16 pm 

viewtopic.php?t=4947 - mbassoc2003 - I also snagged a TS10 over the weekend for £10. The last one of those I put on eBay sold for £50.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:42 pm 

VermilionFire wrote:Tortured Souls #12 was pretty hard for me to find probably because it was the last issue; I think I paid around $75 on eBay, though I'm sure it can be had for less.  19 pounds may not be a bad deal for that one.  The others are pretty common to pick up.

#9, 10, and 12 are harder ones to find.  The person who bought the old Beast Entz stock and was selling them off did not have many issues of these but lots of others - there were a couple lower numbers that they ran out of as well.

They do sometimes get up there but just as many go by for under $10 under the radar.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:26 pm 

Mars wrote:
#9, 10, and 12 are harder ones to find.  The person who bought the old Beast Entz stock and was selling them off did not have many issues of these but lots of others - there were a couple lower numbers that they ran out of as well.

They do sometimes get up there but just as many go by for under $10 under the radar.

Luckly I got mine years ago, I don't think I ever paid more than a couple of pounds for each...

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:45 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

Well if at first you don't succeed try, try, try again.  And then if that doesn't work lower the price and try again...and then if that still doesnt work jack the price back up and try again....   :roll:

And again:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Six-Dungeons-And-Dr ... dZViewItem

:lol:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:50 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

And again:

:lol:

Give a few more posts and maybe it ends up going for the $5.00 it is worth :lol:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:10 pm 

Steamrolled and stained Moldvay Basic set:

$41.  :?

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:35 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Well, he actually reduced it from $199.  We discussed it here just the other day:

viewtopic.php?p=96989#96989

Although I would agree it not absolutely ridiculous, I would also say that it is rather high even where it stands now reduced from $199.

I charge what the traffic will bear. Obviously, Ebay wouldn't bear it so the auction was a bust. However, I refuse to reduce a really nice (mint) non-photocopy D&D item just because I'm selling it on Ebay.

FYI.. I've had offers up to $100 but I still think that's low considering the condition. Maybe I'll settle for around that range.. maybe not.

I love seeing an auction of mine in this thread.....

:roll:

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 84 of 111123 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 109110111