Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 66 of 111123 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:14 am 

HOLY SH*T BCLARKIE

I need to start watching the brand new BINs....

:)

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:28 am 

Wow, and I thought I had a sweet deal from the same seller:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Nicely done, Brian.  :lol:   You are the master.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:30 am 

That guy must have won the lottery. He probably has employed a RPG collectible Buyer with instructions to bid a couple of hundred bucks on any item he wants.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:31 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:That guy must have won the lottery. He probably has employed a RPG collectible Buyer with instructions to bid a couple of hundred bucks on any item he wants.

I hate to say it, but when you start that shit (letting people know you will have something at ANY price), you are going to get your ass kicked if you are not careful.  Like, for example, an unscrupulous seller seeing Degassy bid on their auctions, might have a buddy (doesn't even have to be a shill, just anyone with an ebay account) drive the dude's bids skyhigh secure in the knowledge he will outbid ANYONE at ANYPRICE.  At least, if I was a Cougie in training, that's what I'd do, and I wouldn't worry twice about it...apparantly, money is just something to spend to this guy.....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:23 am 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:HOLY SH*T BCLARKIE

I need to start watching the brand new BINs....

:)

8O

And that's why it's known as the Bclarkie-It-Now .  . .

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:00 am 

Anyone else think these end prices are just a tad on the high side?

Tricolor:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0119245375

Mars, did you just want it really, really bad (sorry you got outbid though)?  :wink:   Sure it's been awhile since I have seen a Tricolor on Ebay but IIRC the last one didnt top $100.

DGUTS:

This is just f-ing retarded.  I might be able to understand the price if it were a Guidon...but it's not.  :scratch:

Gamma World:

Really nice copy but still....81 frickin' dollars???

And the last one...War of Wizards:

I dont think this price is completely crazy.  It is in immaculate condition and it is a first printing.  Anyone think it should have gone for more?  Or less?

Oh and for the person that posted this auction back in the interesting items thread:

Yeah...I gotta agree...some of the guy's BIN's are way out there.  But this is the same seller that posted here a while back and got hammered to the point he deleted his posts and put this in his about me page:

I sometimes use descriptions of items from a web site I have visited for over 6 years.  I need to include that website's name here...(some of the self imposed "police" over there get a bit testy if I don't mention the site)

From what I have been told by another forum member, he is just putting up bin's like this to see if people will bite similar to what creep1962 does.  Most likely he will never sell them unless he drops his bin's.  Eventually someone will take the bin or offer him less that the bin and he will let it go.  But if the price of the DGUTS above is any indicator, some dumbass will eventually grab the one he has in his store thinking he got a good deal.  PDT_Armataz_01_27

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:48 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Anyone else think these end prices are just a tad on the high side?

Tricolor:

Mars, did you just want it really, really bad (sorry you got outbid though)?  :wink:   Sure it's been awhile since I have seen a Tricolor on Ebay but IIRC the last one didnt top $100.

I did really want this one.  It's a first print with the GK logo that I don't think I have ever seen up for auction before.  I've really only been looking for a 1st print for a couple of years now though.  Its one of those, oh darn I lost the auction, but am not too upset about not having to pay for it.  There will be another.

Coincidentally, I am interested in the shrinkwrapped Lankhmar too - its a second print that I don't have but I think the most I would pay is probably $80 - $100.  I have watched shrink wrapped copies of Knights of Camelot sell for $60.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:21 am 

Mars wrote:
I did really want this one.  It's a first print with the GK logo that I don't think I have ever seen up for auction before.  I've really only been looking for a 1st print for a couple of years now though.  Its one of those, oh darn I lost the auction, but am not too upset about not having to pay for it.  There will be another.

Coincidentally, I am interested in the shrinkwrapped Lankhmar too - its a second print that I don't have but I think the most I would pay is probably $80 - $100.  I have watched shrink wrapped copies of Knights of Camelot sell for $60.

If the SW Lankhmar sells, mine is going up the next day at the same price....I don't think the way the market is now you can underestimate the stupidity of some product buyers at this point.
  Hey King how's that deal I gave you on the DGUTS looking now?  :wink:
  Prices are getting looney on certain items.  I'm probably going to put all my early Dragons up this summer in my ebay store at prices guaranteed to land them all in this thread......!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:09 am 

Badmike wrote:Hey King how's that deal I gave you on the DGUTS looking now?  :wink:

Mike B.

I think I did pretty well on that transaction.  :king:   I was wondering when you were going to mention that.  :bball:

Some of these emoticons are really odd little bastards.  What the hell is this supposed to be?  :monkey:   It doesnt look anything like a monkey to me.  Looks like the illegal immigrant that lives down the street.  PDT_Armataz_01_35

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:18 am 

I think its safe to add the Metamorphosis Alpha 3rd print to the list of high prices too:

Compared with the one from last week that was in nicer shape:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:00 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/AD-D-Advanced-Dunge ... dZViewItem

Silly auction price?  More like stupid 8O .  If these items can fetch over $100 at auction I should be able to make a couple of house payments in the next few weeks :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:03 am 

Comes complete with ketchup stains :P .  The seller must really be getting ready to go camping.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:35 am 

napoleonsdad wrote:

Silly auction price?  More like stupid 8O .  If these items can fetch over $100 at auction I should be able to make a couple of house payments in the next few weeks :wink:

I was just coming to post this one.   :scratch:

What could be going through someone's head on this one?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:27 pm 

napoleonsdad wrote:

Looks like a classic newbie bidding war. Their pride would be hurt if they lost. They must be doing it on this auction as well:

High priced auction from same Seller

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:33 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:

No box and still over 3 days to go.  I was an Ebay/collecting noob at one point (some people might say I still am  :wink: ) but I dont recall ever doing anything like this.  Maybe I should push up the price a bit more to see just how high "damienmonger" will go.  Or would that be mean?  :)

Made an account just to point out that I feel like a tool.

lol, no harm though :]

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:52 pm 

whole lotta shilling going on, if you ask me.

bonk!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:12 am 

DamienMonger wrote:

No worries DameinMonger  we have all done it before :?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:54 am 

DamienMonger wrote:

Welcome DamienMonger!

Did you just happen by and then find your name mentioned?

Feeling like a tool is a part of RPG collecting.   :x

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 66 of 111123 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 109110111