Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 61 of 111123 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:46 am 

ATOM wrote:Someone came up with a mathematical equation to rebuff your theory eh?

Well as you said the law of averages states that you have much more chance actually selling the same item if it has a reduced price.....

Never mind the "Self Appointed Economics Expert"

Nah, just some who says lots, acts like he knows even more, and yet obvious to jsut about everyone else except for himself, he knows next to nothing.  Mercifully, he hasn't been around for as much recently so we haven't had to deal with it as much.  :)   Let's just hope that it stays that way....

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:22 am 

You probably scared him off! :D
You are exceptionally good at that! :D
It is a God given gift that you have! Use it wisely my friend! :wink:
Im looking and learning at the moment. Hats off to the master. :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:06 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

Brian was this your bathtub reading copy or the one you took to summer camp?  8O  :P Congrats

Anyone else noticed an increase in the $ for the periodicals? The Dungeons are getting quite the following on ebay these days... and it seems like you can't even pick up dragon lots for shipping cost anymore.

Any thoughts?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:32 pm 

Ekim Toor wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Brian was this your bathtub reading copy or the one you took to summer camp?  8O  :P Congrats

Anyone else noticed an increase in the $ for the periodicals? The Dungeons are getting quite the following on ebay these days... and it seems like you can't even pick up dragon lots for shipping cost anymore.

Any thoughts?

I think the mag prices will see a small increase in the near future.  The cancellations of the Dragon and Dungeon, along with the fact the Dragon archive is now oop and getting rather expensive to get ahold of (plus, it leaves off at #250 and thus has NO 3rd edition content), and the fact Dungeons have never been released in a collected form, all lead me to think there will be a small bump. I know myself I've been seller far more than usual lately....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:43 pm 

Someone's a little too optimistic:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:41 pm 

Mars wrote:Someone's a little too optimistic:

..and really should learn to chill out and let things go!

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:01 pm 

gyg wrote:

..and really should learn to chill out and let things go!

I am about ready to take up a collection so we can buy him a f**king towel to cry into.  Check out his about me page too:

http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... uglaswrhea

Seriously, wasn't he the one actually saying something about having to be older than 13 years old to join the site?  I wonder how the hell he joined then.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:02 pm 

gyg wrote:..and really should learn to chill out and let things go!

No kidding. Not one, not two, but three oh-so-clever and rapier-sharp digs at The Acaeum! :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Free advice, seller: get over yourself.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:04 pm 

You know I just realized he  reduced the original starting bid from $75 to $37.50 in the last two hours. :roll:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:06 pm 

While we are on silly prices:

Almost $20 a module for a lot of Dragonlance modules? Am I missing something here? :?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:15 pm 

Ekim Toor wrote:

Any thoughts?

I think that was all karma. :)   That was the Dungeon #5 I picked up last year from the seller that listed it in "Excellent condition for its age".   :evil:

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:18 pm 

Has anyone seen a Dungeon #6 lurking about? Has the price been reasonable?

Seriously, I want to read Shipley's article, but not if the prices are too jacked up by the recent Paizo/WotC PR disaster. No offense, Mark ... but I can wait until 2008, if that's the case.  :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:25 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Has anyone seen a Dungeon #6 lurking about? Has the price been reasonable?

Seriously, I want to read Shipley's article, but not if the prices are too jacked up by the recent Paizo/WotC PR disaster. No offense, Mark ... but I can wait until 2008, if that's the case.  :)

Low numbered Dungeon's have been pretty scarce recently from what I can tell(and may have also helped my auction along) and I can't recall seeing a number 6 in awhile myself.  Obviously, there could have been some that I missed, but I can't remeber the last one that I've seen.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:54 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Low numbered Dungeon's have been pretty scarce recently from what I can tell(and may have also helped my auction along) and I can't recall seeing a number 6 in awhile myself.  Obviously, there could have been some that I missed, but I can't remeber the last one that I've seen.

I've not seen one in ages, and I have been looking :D
(If anyone has it I only want to read Marks adventure - a photocopy would be fine (I would promise not to sell it on for profit :lol: )

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:42 pm 

gyg wrote:
(If anyone has it I only want to read Marks adventure - a photocopy would be fine (I would promise not to sell it on for profit :lol: )

you can download 1-150 using any bittorrent client

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:48 pm 

gyg wrote:

Just a reminder, distributing copyrighted material even if not for profit, is a federal offense in the US :).

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:29 pm 

Radovarl wrote:
Just a reminder, distributing copyrighted material even if not for profit, is a federal offense in the US :).

shhhhhh don't tell anyone! (I'm pretty sure that US foreign policy means that I'm not going to have anyone kicking down my door any time soon)(Though, for the record my real  name is Dave Whitfield and I live in one of three houses in Portsmouth! :D )

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:11 am 

bclarkie wrote:

I am about ready to take up a collection so we can buy him a f**king towel to cry into.  Check out his about me page too:

http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... uglaswrhea

Seriously, wasn't he the one actually saying something about having to be older than 13 years old to join the site?  I wonder how the hell he joined then.

Nice of him to have the auction to ship to Canada for $80 by FedEx.  Maybe he's a lawyer and it takes him an hour to figure out how to put a book in an envelope.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 61 of 111123 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 109110111