Old Candidates: Silliest Auction Prices of the Year
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 60 of 111123 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:25 pm 

PM-Knight wrote:Here are some auctions that I was watching, but the prices just went "off the map":

Mint condition L3 module :o

** expired/removed eBay auction **

It isn't a coincidence.  I have observed this happening before....

To review...there was a discussion on the Acaeum this past week about work on the L series modules and a possible printing of an upcoming L4 module.

Boom!  Bidding for L3 has a crazy day.

The Acaeum can have a direct effect on what happens on Ebay.   This is potentially a good example.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:30 pm 

PM-Knight wrote:
Mint condition L3 module :o

Hey, that still doesn't beat Lance's high bid for one.  :P   And KJ32 has some nerve talking about high prices for L3, as a couple years ago he picked one up for around $85. :twisted:  :lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:43 pm 

Alexander1968 wrote:Well, I have a couple of amazingly high auctions for the same gamebook which is, I assume  :wink: , VERY valuable here. Look at this:

and this

Yikes!  8O  8O  8O

Now looking for this gamebook is now a high priority of mine  :D

Ok, I give up, why is Sfida Di Coppa topping the charts?  I could retire with a case of those!!!!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:43 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Hey, that still doesn't beat Lance's high bid for one.

That was a wonderful day.  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:47 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:That was a wonderful day.  :wink:

Oh thats right.  I totally forgot it was yours that he bought.   :D :lol:  I inadvertantly stirred up a sh*t storm that day. :oops:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:00 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Hey, that still doesn't beat Lance's high bid for one.  :P   And KJ32 has some nerve talking about high prices for L3, as a couple years ago he picked one up for around $85. :twisted:  :lol:

I was hoping it did and then I would fall of the radar...but, unfortunately not...  :lol:

A Wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:10 am 

Badmike wrote:
Ok, I give up, why is Sfida Di Coppa topping the charts?  I could retire with a case of those!!!!

Mike B.

It's not topping the charts, it's simply destroying them with extreme prejudice! For people not checking the links, one copy of this gamebook fetched - ahem - 400 euros and the other one went away for cheap, a bit less than 300 euros. In US dollars, 544 bucks (!) and 406 bucks (!). I rhave ead in a gamebook fans forum that Sfida di Coppa was the last one of a line with a very low print run. More, it was printed in a smaller format than the other books fropm the publisher, so many fans at the time never gave them a second look (I don't remember seeing them at the time, but perhaps my mind is in a state of denial  :roll: ). It seems that the simple apparition of this book on eBay.it created the very same buzz of excitement and the "this will be good, let's watch the bloodbath" comments seen here for woodgrain boxes and other rare items on Italian gamebook forums :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:13 pm 

CM5 w/ viewer for $72.00 8O and still an hour & 21 minutes left :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/D-D-Module-CM5-MYST ... dZViewItem

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:01 pm 

PM-Knight wrote:CM5 w/ viewer for $72.00 8O and still an hour & 21 minutes left :roll:

Oh look...whitetower67 is the high bidder.  Big surprise.  Maybe if the module was in mint shrinkwrapped condition it might be worth a bid but still not at that ludicrous price.  :?

It amazes me how impatient and ignorant some people are.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:25 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Oh look...whitetower67 is the high bidder.  Big surprise.  Maybe if the module was in mint shrinkwrapped condition it might be worth a bid but still not at that ludicrous price.  :?

It amazes me how impatient and ignorant some people are.

Whitetower67 is definitely one of those folks who does not like to lose any auction that he bids on. :?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:58 am 

A3 - Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords, the slave lords modules were classics but I am sure I could pick two up for this price :roll: .

Holy smoke, the bidders are far from newbies 8O

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0110082175

The Fringe Dweller fades into the darkening shadows, gold coins clutched firmly in his hand.

Keeper of the Arcane

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:21 am 

The Fringe Dweller wrote:A3 - Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords, the slave lords modules were classics but I am sure I could pick two up for this price :roll: .

Holy smoke, the bidders are far from newbies 8O

The Fringe Dweller fades into the darkening shadows, gold coins clutched firmly in his hand.

Check out their feedback a bit closer.  Just because they have more than 30 or 40 auctions under their belt doesnt make them Ebay savvy especially when it comes to D&D.  Neither one of them have bought much of anything D&D related except for recent miniatures.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:02 pm 

Ummm....this has gotta be a mistake...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Advanced-Dungeons-D ... dZViewItem

8O  8O  8O

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:10 pm 

seeyouinescrow wrote:Ummm....this has gotta be a mistake...

8O  8O  8O

Yeah. Must be. He lists a Fiend Folio for $5.00. He probably wanted to list it for $9.99!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:28 am 

seeyouinescrow wrote:Ummm....this has gotta be a mistake...

8O  8O  8O

He fixed it.  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:33 am 

Here's one:

This is at least the 3rd time this has been up and nothing has changed, same dumb $40 opening bid and an even more dumb $150 BIN.  With the $10 S&H fee, he'd be lucky to get a $4 bid let alone a $40 bid. :?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:28 pm 

That's one eBay "strategy" I don't think I'll ever understand. Seriously, if your item is attracting no attention, it's worth considering lowering both the opening bid and the shipping costs ... unless you enjoy just looking at said item for the rest of your life. Put simply: you can't make people bid on your stuff.

I posted the same thoughts a few weeks ago on another thread ... but I was rebutted by our self-appointed economics expert. I felt much shame. :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:17 am 

Someone came up with a mathematical equation to rebuff your theory eh?

Well as you said the law of averages states that you have much more chance actually selling the same item if it has a reduced price.....

Never mind the "Self Appointed Economics Expert".

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 60 of 111123 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 109110111