Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 56 of 114123 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 112113114
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:57 pm 

Marlith wrote:Fighting Wheel from a UK seller. I think they started the bidding too high though....

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I love the term "Fighting Wheel."  I picture nerds incorporating them into combat robots and pitting them against each other.

Since we recently had a Japanese animated series designed to sell battling tops (Beyblade), why not one where anime gamers roll fighting wheels into an arena to knock each other down?

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:25 pm 

Marlith wrote:Fighting Wheel from a UK seller. I think they started the bidding too high though....

Sometimes it feels like I am always being negative but why do you consider the starting price high?  It's about $73 US.  

The Acaeum, although it is just a guide, lists the fighting wheel in fine condition at $68, vfine at $81 and nmint at $90.  Is $73 high because the seller wants to make sure they get a reasonable amount for it?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:35 pm 

Mars wrote:
Sometimes it feels like I am always being negative but why do you consider the starting price high?  It's about $73 US.  

The Acaeum, although it is just a guide, lists the fighting wheel in fine condition at $68, vfine at $81 and nmint at $90.  Is $73 high because the seller wants to make sure they get a reasonable amount for it?

No, I think that is a good price for it and it should go for more. I am just from the school of thought that starting an auction that high will prevent some bidders from bidding on it. It seems to me that often times starting an auction lower will yield a higher final price. I think you get that from either newbies who get into bidding wars or  the people who start bidding when it is low and have to have it and will not be beat. It is an item of known value and as long as it was not posted in some obscure category, misspelled or the auction in some other way bungled it should go for what it is worth or very close to it. If the seller really wants to protect their investment why not use a reserve?

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:58 pm 

Starting high causes people (like most of us here) to either pass on the auction or throw in a single bid. Starting low, when an item has obvious value, gets people into the "bidding spirit", and makes them think that they might just get it at a steal.
Not to mention the fact that starting higher costs more.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:39 pm 

Fair enough.  But "bidding spirit" is a two way street.  You may have more people bidding because the price is low but you can also get more interest from noobs that ask why is that so expensive and becuase it is will want it.  The it's expensive so it must be good and I must have it attitude.

I just looked up the ebay fees and see that they have changed from last time I looked.  The reserve would be a better way to go by a 20 cents but if it sells , you don't have to pay the fee (which is new to me).

I guess what I find interesting is that we make comments when a seller does not list their items to get an optimal return - maybe this is just a mathy/computer guy syndrome (of which I am one as well).  Maybe we should put up a document in the resource section about optimal selling practices for Ebay.  

1) Always list an item so it ends on an evening preferably on the weekend.  
2) If you want a return that is more than triple what the item is really worth (such as Valhalla) you should list them in an Ebay Store (first month is still free I think).  
3) If the item is a midrange item that will have no problem obtaining the value you want, start with the minimum starting bid and place a reserve if you are really concerned.
etc etc

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:52 pm 

Mars wrote:1) Always list an item so it ends on an evening preferably on the weekend.  
2) If you want a return that is more than triple what the item is really worth (such as Valhalla) you should list them in an Ebay Store (first month is still free I think).  
3) If the item is a midrange item that will have no problem obtaining the value you want, start with the minimum starting bid and place a reserve if you are really concerned.
etc etc

Mars

just a pointer for you on "reserves" in the UK. the minimum reserve you can place on an item here is £50. i think if you whacked that on a fighting wheel, nobody would prb go near it.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:09 am 

If an item with a reserve sells, you don't pay the fee? That IS new.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:35 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:If an item with a reserve sells, you don't pay the fee? That IS new.

No. It's more subtle than that.
They charge you an extra fee for applying the reserve price. This is a premium over and above the listing price.
If your item sells, they refund the premium fee to you.
If it doesn't sell, at least they get a premium amount out of you as well as the listing cost.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:07 am 

hi there!

...what about this:  
?

...seems to be fine conditions, but i never heard of W&W before...  :roll:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:57 am 

aia wrote:hi there!

...what about this:  
?

...seems to be fine conditions, but i never heard of W&W before...  :roll:

Its a very simple game intended for young players, but its not particularly good.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:21 am 

8O  8O  8O  8O  8O

http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-D-D-3-Book ... dZViewItem

Good luck... 8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:22 am 

Fighting Wheel

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:31 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:8O  8O  8O  8O  8O

Good luck... 8)

See?  You people keep saying these are rare, but I've seen three woodgrains in the last month.   :lol:

The starter on that one's so high I can't even dream about it; I hope that doesn't hurt their final price.  :wink:

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:49 am 

Good luck... 8)

Interesting catagory

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:29 am 

damn and i cant even put on my customary "oh i might win here" bid....

:D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:42 pm 

Good luck... 8)

Interesting he doesn't accept paypal or credit card purchases.  He has a pretty high ebay rating and it just seems strange that he wouldn't have accepted paypal for any of them.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:53 pm 

Only 2 negs, and they're old and from sellers:

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=j ... eceived+by

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:06 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:See?  You people keep saying these are rare, but I've seen three woodgrains in the last month.   :lol:

Only three? :)

[Oh; hiya Stephen! ;)]

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 56 of 114123 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 112113114