Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 41 of 114123 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 112113114
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:02 am 

Hey, what happened to all of the joke module titles? My internet was down last night & all the posts seem to be gone...were they split off to a new thread? Can't find anything.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:18 am 

zhowar wrote:Hey, what happened to all of the joke module titles? My internet was down last night & all the posts seem to be gone...were they split off to a new thread? Can't find anything.

well this IS "interesting items on ebay" so like we um stopped last night :)

was good fun while it lasted but guess should be moved to an O/T thread really

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:37 am 

Yeah, I understand it was probably getting excessively silly. BUT...the posts are completely gone (deleted). My post history now indicates my last post before today was on Monday. I can only assume that Foul decided it was too much and deleted them all? Its kind of weird because there's no note or anything. Makes me wonder if I imagined it all - sort of like the Twilight Zone...

And c'mon, they are at least as Forum relevant as those Chuck Norris/Warduke jokes that are spawning in the Keraptis thread...they should've at least gotten their own OT thread.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:07 pm 

Central Casting : Heroes of Legend. Just listed a bit ago. UK seller....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Central-Casting-Her ... dZViewItem

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:06 pm 

Jade Hare....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

Less than two days to close of wabbit season.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:32 pm 

GW G2....

http://cgi.ebay.com/G2-Glacial-Rift-Fro ... dZViewItem

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:59 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hexagonal-Mapping-P ... dZViewItem

Hexagonal Map Book, missing back cover, $8 BIN

Can anyone with this product tell me what is on the last/pageback cover? Do they have hex sheets, artwork, product list or are blank?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:01 pm 

zhowar wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/Hexagonal-Mapping-P ... dZViewItem

Hexagonal Map Book, missing back cover, $8 BIN

Can anyone with this product tell me what is on the last/pageback cover? Do they have hex sheets, artwork, product list or are blank?

It is just a hex sheet for the back cover.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:04 pm 

Greyhawk Ruins...pretty beat up but you never know....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8821752548

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:38 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:
Xaxaxe wrote:Okay, now that these listings have ended, I can officially say that the embedded audio these idiots use is without a doubt the most annoying thing I've ever seen on eBay.

The second-most annoying thing: mandatory non-eBay checkout systems that don't even work correctly. :evil:

And, to top it all off, the third-most annoying thing: zero packaging effort.

I got my Silver Anniversary set today and confirmed that I paid nearly $17 for an $8 flat-rate Priority Mail box with absolutely no packing material inside. They took the boxed set, threw it in the box, and sent it on its way. The upper-right corner of my "mint" set is now completely crushed. :evil:

This will NOT be resulting in positive feedback, that's for sure — I think I'd like more details on BadMike's Patented 90-Day System. As far as I'm concerned, all iSoldIt posts should now automatically be filed in the "shady sellers" thread.

Frank, I hope you had better luck with the three sets you won.

Idiots ... :evil:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:46 pm 

grodog wrote:Anyone recognize the sheet of paper for the dice set with this OCE (paper/dice bought some years later, per seller):

** expired/removed eBay auction **

hello everyone

the piece of paper is a copy of "your personal invitation to adventure" in the two sheet formatt. the date at bottom is 1980.he said in discription that he got it with the dice.will try to find out which dice these are.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:10 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:
Xaxaxe wrote:
Xaxaxe wrote:Okay, now that these listings have ended, I can officially say that the embedded audio these idiots use is without a doubt the most annoying thing I've ever seen on eBay.

The second-most annoying thing: mandatory non-eBay checkout systems that don't even work correctly. :evil:

And, to top it all off, the third-most annoying thing: zero packaging effort.

I got my Silver Anniversary set today and confirmed that I paid nearly $17 for an $8 flat-rate Priority Mail box with absolutely no packing material inside. They took the boxed set, threw it in the box, and sent it on its way. The upper-right corner of my "mint" set is now completely crushed. :evil:

This will NOT be resulting in positive feedback, that's for sure — I think I'd like more details on BadMike's Patented 90-Day System. As far as I'm concerned, all iSoldIt posts should now automatically be filed in the "shady sellers" thread.

Why not just claim your money back through your credit card?
If your credit card company ask, you tell them that the seller is being beligerant and obstructive, and won't cover the return postage. You want them to intervene on your behalf.
Thay will just charge back against PayPal and then PayPal will have to file the investigation with the seller and resolve it themselves.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:18 pm 

It's under consideration, believe me, as is opening a dispute with PayPal. But, believe it or not, I've actually got extra boxes (not contents) of the Silver Anniversary set, so just switching out boxes would be like a 15-second job.

I might just let it go ... other than some scorching feedback, of course. I'm going to think on it this weekend.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:07 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:They took the boxed set, threw it in the box, and sent it on its way. The upper-right corner of my "mint" set is now completely crushed.

I think you should hit 'em. If they screw with MY stuff I'll hit 'em with everything possible.

Alarmed by your note, I called and warned them that if the merchandise does not PRECISELY match the photos, they're being returned for full reimbursement plus my shipping costs. The teenybopper answering the phone merely said she'd relay that to the manager.

Oh, btw -- the posted phone number in their eBay blurbs has been Disconnected. The one that works is (253) 804-0768.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:35 pm 

re4321 wrote:
grodog wrote:Anyone recognize the sheet of paper for the dice set with this OCE (paper/dice bought some years later, per seller):

** expired/removed eBay auction **

hello everyone
the piece of paper is a copy of "your personal invitation to adventure" in the two sheet formatt. the date at bottom is 1980.he said in discription that he got it with the dice.will try to find out which dice these are.

Thats what I thought it was. Good find. Is that something stuck to the paper?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:35 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:

Note the day you bought the item.

Count ahead 90 days on your wall or desk calendar, make note on day 89: "Scorching negative feedback for IStoleIt".  Be sure to include auction # just in case you accidentally lose it somehow.

Wait for your long delayed but inevitable revenge!

It's worked 100% for me all my years on Ebay.  Never had a retaliatory feedback yet when I wait 89 days!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:18 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Why not just claim your money back through your credit card?
If your credit card company ask, you tell them that the seller is being beligerant and obstructive, and won't cover the return postage. You want them to intervene on your behalf.
Thay will just charge back against PayPal and then PayPal will have to file the investigation with the seller and resolve it themselves.

Assuming the seller is being beligerant and obstructive, what you suggest may be warranted.  I may be missing something but so far the seller hasn't been described thusly.   The seller certainly sounds incompetent, careless, and to be avoided but not necessarily fraudulent, which is what you'd have to claim to do a chargeback.  A bad packing job, in and of itself doesn't warrant a chargeback.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:31 pm 

NetRodent wrote:A bad packing job, in and of itself doesn't warrant a chargeback.

True enough, but only to a degree.

My "mint" item is now not even within the same ZIP code as actual "mint." I have thus received an item "substantially not as described" — either iRippedYouOff used a stock photo for an already-damaged item or else the item was damaged in transit. Either way, it doesn't really matter, as it is not the item described in the listing, and, therefore, I have a legitimate claim.

As to their attitide ... who knows? I've yet to hear a peep regarding my initial complaint to them, which was sent within three minutes of opening the box.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 41 of 114123 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 112113114