Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 13 of 103123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 101102103
Author

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:11 pm 
 

deimos3428 wrote:
faro wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:Woohoo!  Stick it to 'em, Marlith!  :lol:   Snipers do not give any quarter; they should not expect any, either.  If your name ain't on the bidding list, you really can't cry foul.

:lol: :lol:

And no quarter given or asked, even for those whose names are on the bidding list!
*reminds self to re-check Deimos's current bids*

Yeah, half the fun is surely trying to guess whether someone's going to be posting those 'interesting items' on here, or not? :P

Heh.  Sadly, I haven't got anything major on my radar at the moment.  It's been a slow couple of weeks for those of us out of the "woodgrain" league.  :wink:


Really? There have been a fair number of OCEs and even some 4ths or earlier if I am remembering things correctly  8)


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 636
Joined: Sep 14, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:34 pm 
 

deimos3428 wrote:
faro wrote:
deimos3428 wrote:Woohoo!  Stick it to 'em, Marlith!  :lol:   Snipers do not give any quarter; they should not expect any, either.  If your name ain't on the bidding list, you really can't cry foul.

:lol: :lol:

And no quarter given or asked, even for those whose names are on the bidding list!
*reminds self to re-check Deimos's current bids*

Yeah, half the fun is surely trying to guess whether someone's going to be posting those 'interesting items' on here, or not? :P

Heh.  Sadly, I haven't got anything major on my radar at the moment.  It's been a slow couple of weeks for those of us out of the "woodgrain" league.  :wink:


Just a couple of days ago there was a Canadian auction for a partial set of white box books and many of the suppliments that went for only $62.  I was really kicking myself for forgetting about it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:36 pm 
 

Marlith wrote:Really? There have been a fair number of OCEs and even some 4ths or earlier if I am remembering things correctly  8)

Spotted a few 5ths: the 4ths eluded me, if so.
Plus a good number of early AD&D books...

Agreed; hasn't seemed quite that quiet. Deimos is getting jaded, I think. ;)

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:50 pm 
 

faro wrote:
Marlith wrote:Really? There have been a fair number of OCEs and even some 4ths or earlier if I am remembering things correctly  8)

Spotted a few 5ths: the 4ths eluded me, if so.
Plus a good number of early AD&D books...

Agreed; hasn't seemed quite that quiet. Deimos is getting jaded, I think. ;)


i must get around to getting one of the OCE box-sets sometime.

trouble is, i cant justify paying a load cos i dont want one THAT much.... maybe i will touch lucky someday and one will slip right through the net :)

Al



  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:17 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
faro wrote:
Marlith wrote:Really? There have been a fair number of OCEs and even some 4ths or earlier if I am remembering things correctly  8)

Spotted a few 5ths: the 4ths eluded me, if so.
Plus a good number of early AD&D books...

Agreed; hasn't seemed quite that quiet. Deimos is getting jaded, I think. ;)


i must get around to getting one of the OCE box-sets sometime.

trouble is, i cant justify paying a load cos i dont want one THAT much.... maybe i will touch lucky someday and one will slip right through the net :)

Al


Just so I know what might you be willing to spend (PM if you like). If there is ever one with a BIN in your price range that I see I will be happy to snag it for you if I see it first. Not into selling yet so I can play the samaritan I guess  :)


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:27 pm 
 

Marlith wrote:Just so I know what might you be willing to spend (PM if you like). If there is ever one with a BIN in your price range that I see I will be happy to snag it for you if I see it first. Not into selling yet so I can play the samaritan I guess  :)


i dont even know what they are worth / what a normal value is  for them as i dont follow them as much as some of you enthusiasts.

a nice battered one that isnt even on the rare scale would do just fine really, just to have one. not one of davids earmarked, super-rare ones :D

Al



  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:30 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
Marlith wrote:Just so I know what might you be willing to spend (PM if you like). If there is ever one with a BIN in your price range that I see I will be happy to snag it for you if I see it first. Not into selling yet so I can play the samaritan I guess  :)


i dont even know what they are worth / what a normal value is  for them as i dont follow them as much as some of you enthusiasts.

a nice battered one that isnt even on the rare scale would do just fine really, just to have one. not one of davids earmarked, super-rare ones :D

Al


Well if I ever see a good deal on one I will pick it up. Can't hurt to have another one if you were to not want it at the price it went for.


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:31 pm 
 

Marlith wrote:Well if I ever see a good deal on one I will pick it up. Can't hurt to have another one if you were not want it.


sounds good to me! cheers..

Al



  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 299
Joined: Jun 07, 2004
Last Visit: Aug 14, 2008
Location: OHIO

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:34 pm 
 

Original Collector's Ed OCE White Box Set AD&D 1974

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MESE:IT

D&D Dungeon Master's Guide DM AD&D 2011 RARE 1st PRINT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MESE:IT

D&D Deities & Demigods AD&D 2013 W/CTHULHU & MELNIBONE!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MESE:IT

D&D Monster Manual AD&D 2009 May 1978 RARE 2nd PRINT!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MESE:IT

D&D Player's Handbook AD&D 2010 RARE 09/1978 2nd PRINT!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MESE:IT

D&D Set 5: Immortal Rules Boxed Set AD&D 1017

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MESE:IT


May Eru's light shine upon you always.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:37 pm 
 

heh nice timely post there chummer :D


Al



  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 299
Joined: Jun 07, 2004
Last Visit: Aug 14, 2008
Location: OHIO

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:54 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:heh nice timely post there chummer :D


Al
:wink:


May Eru's light shine upon you always.

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:05 pm 
 

Marlith wrote:Can't hurt to have another one

:oops:

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:07 pm 
 

faro wrote:
Marlith wrote:Can't hurt to have another one

:oops:


:?:


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:14 pm 
 

Marlith wrote:
faro wrote:
Marlith wrote:Can't hurt to have another one

:oops:


:?:


or in davids terms, cant hurt to have another 73 :)

Al



  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:32 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
Marlith wrote:
faro wrote:
Marlith wrote:Can't hurt to have another one

:oops:

:?:

or in davids terms, cant hurt to have another 73 :)
Al

Al knew what I meant... :D

Hey, it's double-figures, but not 73.

Needed to stock up a few to check for other printings, then pick up one or two nice copies, and.... well, OK. :P

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:09 pm 
 

faro wrote:Al knew what I meant... :D

Hey, it's double-figures, but not 73.

Needed to stock up a few to check for other printings, then pick up one or two nice copies, and.... well, OK. :P


lol :D

and.....70 copies later :D

Al



  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Posts: 1861
Joined: May 01, 2004
Last Visit: Oct 19, 2021
Location: Almost Lake Geneva, WI

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:33 pm 
 

Somebody's gonna BIN that OCE at $150.
They've been going up rather nicely.

Sold one last year at GenCon SoCal for $350.

(Then why don't I BIN it? 'cause I have a few extras for sale already...)

  


Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 2757
Joined: Feb 10, 2003
Last Visit: Oct 19, 2021
Location: Olde London Towne

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:54 pm 
 

I might buy this and wear it when sniping auctions...



http://cgi.ebay.com/CLASSIC-DUNGEONS-DR ... dZViewItem


Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:58 pm 
 

red_bus wrote:I might buy this and wear it when sniping auctions...

http://cgi.ebay.com/CLASSIC-DUNGEONS-DR ... dZViewItem


Wooo! Is that SCA-legal? :P

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:02 pm 
 

ExTSR wrote:Somebody's gonna BIN that OCE at $150.
They've been going up rather nicely.

Sold one last year at GenCon SoCal for $350.


In that condition, Frank? :?



Hmm... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8800979991 still looks better value-for-money.

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 13 of 103123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 101102103