Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 101 of 103123 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102103
Author

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4750
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: May 05, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:45 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:
** expired eBay auction **


Fitting if this thread will go down soon...  :twisted:

ShaneG.




The Q & A section after the description is good for a laugh.  But I think it looks more like Snuffleupagus from Sesame Street or maybe one of the Teletubbies. :D

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5634
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 20, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:57 pm 
 

That is hands down the funniest thing I have seen on eBay in a LONG time. I would love to hammer down a few brews with that guy.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 276
Joined: Feb 26, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 28, 2011

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:37 pm 
 

Deadlord39 wrote:That is hands down the funniest thing I have seen on eBay in a LONG time. I would love to hammer down a few brews with that guy.


Not quite on E-bay but the local half price books is trying to sell Silver Anny sets (in shrink wrap) for $150.00.

I checked here ... "Unopened specimens of this set are becoming increasingly harder to come by, as many greedy sellers are removing the shrinkwrap in order to auction L3 Deep Dwarven Delve separately.

   * Silver Anniversary Collector's Edition:  NM: $34 (4/03), NM: $41 (5/03), NM/SW: $51 (5/03),
         NM/SW: $71 (2/05), NM/SW: $104 (10/05)"


Regards,



Stephen

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 772
Joined: Feb 21, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 22, 2018
Location: Spokane, WA

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:50 am 
 

Possible Treasures but look at the pics:



1st pnt DMG? Do you trust the third pic? The D is off the cover, but whats with the 1st pic of a DMG

http://cgi.ebay.com/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI ... 0042814845



Red Lettered Monster Manual? Stolen Pics? DMG pic1 same as above.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-3-Hardcover-Adv ... dZViewItem



Another 1st pnt DMG?  HHMMM....looks alot like the one above...exactly!

http://cgi.ebay.com/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI ... 0042807307



Very interesting


"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:21 am 
 

Plaag wrote:
** expired eBay auction **


Fitting if this thread will go down soon...  :twisted:

ShaneG.




you have seriously gotta be kidding me and someone has bid too! i really have seen it all now.



Al



  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4750
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: May 05, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:39 am 
 

Ethesis wrote:
Not quite on E-bay but the local half price books is trying to sell Silver Anny sets (in shrink wrap) for $150.00.

I checked here ... "Unopened specimens of this set are becoming increasingly harder to come by, as many greedy sellers are removing the shrinkwrap in order to auction L3 Deep Dwarven Delve separately.

   * Silver Anniversary Collector's Edition:  NM: $34 (4/03), NM: $41 (5/03), NM/SW: $51 (5/03),
         NM/SW: $71 (2/05), NM/SW: $104 (10/05)"


Hey Stephen,

Was that at the Campbell and Central Expressway HPB?  I saw one there for $150 along with various box sets.  Every one of the box sets were priced at $50.  One was Al-Qadim, a Birthright, Dark Sun, Planes of Law, and a couple of the really crappy Forgotten Realms sets.  They were all in banged up condition so of course I just laughed when I saw them.

You would think that the HPB staff would do a bit of research before throwing a price tag on them.  Badmike picked up an OCE and Fifth Frontier War for $15 or $20 apiece several months ago.  And if I am not mistaken the OCE had one of each of the OD&D supplements with it.

I guess that in most cases their stupidity or laziness is a good thing.  :roll:

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4750
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: May 05, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:28 am 
 

TSR Dont Give Up The Ship.




** expired eBay auction **




OCE?  Cant see the rest of the box damnit!  :x



http://cgi.ebay.com/Dungeons-Dragons-19 ... dZViewItem

  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Posts: 2641
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 25, 2021
Location: Italy

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:55 am 
 

Kingofpain89 wrote:OCE?  Cant see the rest of the box damnit!  :x


** expired eBay auction **




i'd rather say 5th...  :D


I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 6075
Joined: May 03, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 19, 2021
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:04 am 
 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:Possible Treasures but look at the pics:

1st pnt DMG? Do you trust the third pic? The D is off the cover, but whats with the 1st pic of a DMG

** expired eBay auction **






The individual pics are definitely not the books in the pic of all 3.

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:30 am 
 

aia wrote:
i'd rather say 5th...  :D


Did you ask the seller?  There is nothing in the description or the Q&A that would indicate for sure that this was a fifth printing. Someone in the Q&A did ask if it listed the printing of which the seller indicated that there was nothing indicated in the booklets, but that doesn't really answer the question. It still could be either a fifth printing or an an OCE.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 656
Joined: Apr 12, 2004
Last Visit: Nov 28, 2020
Location: Perth, Australia

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:32 am 
 

An interesting little number for those that like to remember what they may see at the Conventions 8O  8O




** expired eBay auction **




Just hoping some don't get the idea of doing it themselves :lol:


"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 636
Joined: Sep 14, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:51 am 
 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:Possible treasures but look at the pics:

1st pnt DMG? Do you trust the third pic? The D is off the cover, but whats with the 1st pic of a DMG

** expired eBay auction **


Red Lettered Monster Manual? Stolen Pics? DMG pic1 same as above.

** expired eBay auction **


Another 1st pnt DMG?  HHMMM....looks alot like the one above...exactly!

** expired eBay auction **


Very interesting




The carpet looks the same across all of the photos.  I'm guessing the seller just got lazy and reused the single DMG/MM photos in the other auction.  If you do bid, I'd suggest being very careful since it doesn't look like the seller pays much attention to the details.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7960
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 24, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:02 am 
 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Hey Stephen,

Was that at the Campbell and Central Expressway HPB?  I saw one there for $150 along with various box sets.  Every one of the box sets were priced at $50.  One was Al-Qadim, a Birthright, Dark Sun, Planes of Law, and a couple of the really crappy Forgotten Realms sets.  They were all in banged up condition so of course I just laughed when I saw them.

You would think that the HPB staff would do a bit of research before throwing a price tag on them.  Badmike picked up an OCE and Fifth Frontier War for $15 or $20 apiece several months ago.  And if I am not mistaken the OCE had one of each of the OD&D supplements with it.

I guess that in most cases their stupidity or laziness is a good thing.  :roll:


         Yes that was true.  I also picked up the original Boot Hill booklet the same visit, stuffed in a BootHill boxed set (for $15 I believe);  but of course they have very common Judge's Guild modules in their case up front priced at $15-$20 each  8O  I think most of the Half Prices get their standard pricing from ABEbooks, which is pretty much pie in the sky when it comes to pricing.  I'm sure someone on ABEbooks had a Silver Anniversary set for $300, so they thought $150 would be fair. And they looked for an OCE or Fifth Frontier War, not finding them, put $20 each on them.  I've long been convinced HPB would do a lot better if they just lived up to their name (HALF PRICE Books) and marked everything at half cover instead of trying to gouge the customer with a "collectible" that really isn't that collectible.  I went to the HPB in Arlington the other day and they had a Rod of Seven Parts boxed set for $50.  When I opened it I found it missing all the cardstock pieces and the monster book.  So, basically, the employee couldn't be bothered to even check the box to make sure all the pieces were in there and it was complete, but they thought somehow it was worth $50 because someone had listed it on ABEbooks for $100? Morons. Although I will say the stupidity of the average HPB employee does work in our (collector's) favor more often than not.

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4750
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: May 05, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:56 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:
Did you ask the seller?  There is nothing in the description or the Q&A that would indicate for sure that this was a fifth printing. Someone in the Q&A did ask if it listed the printing of which the seller indicated that there was nothing indicated in the booklets, but that doesn't really answer the question. It still could be either a fifth printing or an an OCE.


It's an OCE.  I asked if it had Original Collector's Edition on the right side of the box top.  He responded that it was on the left side of the box.  :roll:   The starburst is on the right side of the box, not the left.  Only by looking at the box does your eyes/brain view the starburst on the left.  Is this one of those left brain/right brain questions that ask why some people view things differently than others?  Or is the seller just an idiot.  :wink:

Hmmm...I wonder who the Italian is that started off his question with "Howdy"?  Did Paul Stormberg move to Rome?  :D

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3593
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 19, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:58 pm 
 

Nice snipe Stephen congrats



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1



I thought I had it.  Pretty nice set. :)


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3797
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 15, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:01 pm 
 

Blackmoor wrote:Nice snipe Stephen congrats


** expired eBay auction **


I thought I had it.  Pretty nice set. :)




Thanks, Jeff.  Might be useful as tradebait...


Let mirth prevail!

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5634
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 20, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:00 pm 
 

LOL! Interesting question on your item, Stephen:

howdy! may i bid on your auction even though i'm not from US? pls note that i'd paypal you! ...and is it possible to have a BIN price for the auction? in case, how much'd be S&H to italy? (pls airmail letter post rate) tnx a lot in advance and kind rgds, k.o.p.

Who could that possibly be......................


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:23 pm 
 

Deadlord39 wrote:LOL! Interesting question on your item, Stephen:

howdy! may i bid on your auction even though i'm not from US? pls note that i'd paypal you! ...and is it possible to have a BIN price for the auction? in case, how much'd be S&H to italy? (pls airmail letter post rate) tnx a lot in advance and kind rgds, k.o.p.

Who could that possibly be......................


lol yes indeed.... *points finger at Aia* :D



  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 636
Joined: Sep 14, 2005
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:10 am 
 

Dark and Hidden Ways starting at $0.98




** expired eBay auction **

 WWW  

User avatar

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Posts: 2641
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 25, 2021
Location: Italy

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:08 am 
 

deities in great shape (US only  :( ):




** expired eBay auction **




...then for anybody who doesnt know it yet, blasted lands SW (orignal SW confirmed!):




** expired eBay auction **


I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

 WWW  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 101 of 103123 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102103