Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 112 of 114123 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113114
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:45 pm 

Plaag wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

Fitting if this thread will go down soon...  :twisted:

ShaneG.

The Q & A section after the description is good for a laugh.  But I think it looks more like Snuffleupagus from Sesame Street or maybe one of the Teletubbies. :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:57 pm 

That is hands down the funniest thing I have seen on eBay in a LONG time. I would love to hammer down a few brews with that guy.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:37 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:That is hands down the funniest thing I have seen on eBay in a LONG time. I would love to hammer down a few brews with that guy.

Not quite on E-bay but the local half price books is trying to sell Silver Anny sets (in shrink wrap) for $150.00.

I checked here ... "Unopened specimens of this set are becoming increasingly harder to come by, as many greedy sellers are removing the shrinkwrap in order to auction L3 Deep Dwarven Delve separately.

* Silver Anniversary Collector's Edition:  NM: $34 (4/03), NM: $41 (5/03), NM/SW: $51 (5/03),
         NM/SW: $71 (2/05), NM/SW: $104 (10/05)"

Regards,

Stephen

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:50 am 

Possible Treasures but look at the pics:

1st pnt DMG? Do you trust the third pic? The D is off the cover, but whats with the 1st pic of a DMG

http://cgi.ebay.com/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI ... 0042814845

Red Lettered Monster Manual? Stolen Pics? DMG pic1 same as above.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-3-Hardcover-Adv ... dZViewItem

Another 1st pnt DMG?  HHMMM....looks alot like the one above...exactly!

http://cgi.ebay.com/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI ... 0042807307

Very interesting

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:21 am 

Plaag wrote:

Fitting if this thread will go down soon...  :twisted:

ShaneG.

you have seriously gotta be kidding me and someone has bid too! i really have seen it all now.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:39 am 

Ethesis wrote:
Not quite on E-bay but the local half price books is trying to sell Silver Anny sets (in shrink wrap) for $150.00.

I checked here ... "Unopened specimens of this set are becoming increasingly harder to come by, as many greedy sellers are removing the shrinkwrap in order to auction L3 Deep Dwarven Delve separately.

* Silver Anniversary Collector's Edition:  NM: $34 (4/03), NM: $41 (5/03), NM/SW: $51 (5/03),
         NM/SW: $71 (2/05), NM/SW: $104 (10/05)"

Hey Stephen,

Was that at the Campbell and Central Expressway HPB?  I saw one there for $150 along with various box sets.  Every one of the box sets were priced at $50.  One was Al-Qadim, a Birthright, Dark Sun, Planes of Law, and a couple of the really crappy Forgotten Realms sets.  They were all in banged up condition so of course I just laughed when I saw them.

You would think that the HPB staff would do a bit of research before throwing a price tag on them.  Badmike picked up an OCE and Fifth Frontier War for $15 or $20 apiece several months ago.  And if I am not mistaken the OCE had one of each of the OD&D supplements with it.

I guess that in most cases their stupidity or laziness is a good thing.  :roll:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:28 am 

TSR Dont Give Up The Ship.

OCE?  Cant see the rest of the box damnit!  :x

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dungeons-Dragons-19 ... dZViewItem

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:55 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:OCE?  Cant see the rest of the box damnit!  :x

i'd rather say 5th...  :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:04 am 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:Possible Treasures but look at the pics:

1st pnt DMG? Do you trust the third pic? The D is off the cover, but whats with the 1st pic of a DMG

The individual pics are definitely not the books in the pic of all 3.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:30 am 

aia wrote:
i'd rather say 5th...  :D

Did you ask the seller?  There is nothing in the description or the Q&A that would indicate for sure that this was a fifth printing. Someone in the Q&A did ask if it listed the printing of which the seller indicated that there was nothing indicated in the booklets, but that doesn't really answer the question. It still could be either a fifth printing or an an OCE.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:32 am 

An interesting little number for those that like to remember what they may see at the Conventions 8O  8O

Just hoping some don't get the idea of doing it themselves :lol:

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:51 am 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:Possible treasures but look at the pics:

Red Lettered Monster Manual? Stolen Pics? DMG pic1 same as above.

Another 1st pnt DMG?  HHMMM....looks alot like the one above...exactly!

Very interesting

The carpet looks the same across all of the photos.  I'm guessing the seller just got lazy and reused the single DMG/MM photos in the other auction.  If you do bid, I'd suggest being very careful since it doesn't look like the seller pays much attention to the details.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:02 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Hey Stephen,

Was that at the Campbell and Central Expressway HPB?  I saw one there for $150 along with various box sets.  Every one of the box sets were priced at $50.  One was Al-Qadim, a Birthright, Dark Sun, Planes of Law, and a couple of the really crappy Forgotten Realms sets.  They were all in banged up condition so of course I just laughed when I saw them.

You would think that the HPB staff would do a bit of research before throwing a price tag on them.  Badmike picked up an OCE and Fifth Frontier War for $15 or $20 apiece several months ago.  And if I am not mistaken the OCE had one of each of the OD&D supplements with it.

I guess that in most cases their stupidity or laziness is a good thing.  :roll:

Yes that was true.  I also picked up the original Boot Hill booklet the same visit, stuffed in a BootHill boxed set (for $15 I believe);  but of course they have very common Judge's Guild modules in their case up front priced at $15-$20 each  8O  I think most of the Half Prices get their standard pricing from ABEbooks, which is pretty much pie in the sky when it comes to pricing.  I'm sure someone on ABEbooks had a Silver Anniversary set for $300, so they thought $150 would be fair. And they looked for an OCE or Fifth Frontier War, not finding them, put $20 each on them.  I've long been convinced HPB would do a lot better if they just lived up to their name (HALF PRICE Books) and marked everything at half cover instead of trying to gouge the customer with a "collectible" that really isn't that collectible.  I went to the HPB in Arlington the other day and they had a Rod of Seven Parts boxed set for $50.  When I opened it I found it missing all the cardstock pieces and the monster book.  So, basically, the employee couldn't be bothered to even check the box to make sure all the pieces were in there and it was complete, but they thought somehow it was worth $50 because someone had listed it on ABEbooks for $100? Morons. Although I will say the stupidity of the average HPB employee does work in our (collector's) favor more often than not.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:56 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Did you ask the seller?  There is nothing in the description or the Q&A that would indicate for sure that this was a fifth printing. Someone in the Q&A did ask if it listed the printing of which the seller indicated that there was nothing indicated in the booklets, but that doesn't really answer the question. It still could be either a fifth printing or an an OCE.

It's an OCE.  I asked if it had Original Collector's Edition on the right side of the box top.  He responded that it was on the left side of the box.  :roll:   The starburst is on the right side of the box, not the left.  Only by looking at the box does your eyes/brain view the starburst on the left.  Is this one of those left brain/right brain questions that ask why some people view things differently than others?  Or is the seller just an idiot.  :wink:

Hmmm...I wonder who the Italian is that started off his question with "Howdy"?  Did Paul Stormberg move to Rome?  :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:58 pm 

Nice snipe Stephen congrats

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

I thought I had it.  Pretty nice set. :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:01 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:Nice snipe Stephen congrats

I thought I had it.  Pretty nice set. :)

Thanks, Jeff.  Might be useful as tradebait...

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:00 pm 

LOL! Interesting question on your item, Stephen:

howdy! may i bid on your auction even though i'm not from US? pls note that i'd paypal you! ...and is it possible to have a BIN price for the auction? in case, how much'd be S&H to italy? (pls airmail letter post rate) tnx a lot in advance and kind rgds, k.o.p.

Who could that possibly be......................

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:23 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:LOL! Interesting question on your item, Stephen:

howdy! may i bid on your auction even though i'm not from US? pls note that i'd paypal you! ...and is it possible to have a BIN price for the auction? in case, how much'd be S&H to italy? (pls airmail letter post rate) tnx a lot in advance and kind rgds, k.o.p.

Who could that possibly be......................

lol yes indeed.... *points finger at Aia* :D

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 112 of 114123 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113114