Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 106 of 114123 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 112113114
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:59 pm 

bclarkie should become a private detective, he certainly has the skills for it.

What is you main profession anyway bclarkie?

Not to pry, just curious :D

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:03 pm 

Most of the time I log on to the forum just to chuckle at the latest "Bitchslap" humor from Deadlord and the detective work from bclarkie. Both have save me alot of money (indirectly) and give me a new perspective/insight on life.

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:00 pm 

I can see that it's pretty pointless dealing with this thread any more.  It seems like the response here is wildly out of proportion with my actions--this forum nothing at all like I'd thought it would be when I found it (due to bclarkie, ironically enough).  This is probably wild paranoia, but it seems like you guys are just pulling my tail to see if I'll screech.  Yes, I will.

I do have a couple final comments though:

Bclarkie, I may have read more into your email to me than you intended, but saying you would have bid more than $5000 on the auctions seemed like an offer to me.  It still does, actually.  I apologise for that misinterpretation.

Dreadlord has an odd definition of ethics--given his false offer for Roan Hart.  What was the point of that, really?

What has bclarkie's "gotcha" turned up?  Absolutely nothing, except that I wanted a handful of supplements.  Dig into my feedback and look at some of my lovely compulsive purchases.  Watch ebay, because once the games are gone, the records will follow (though first via set-sale).  Then the magazines.  Then the DVDs.  Then the CDs.

And for dreadlord's suggestion that I was gonna go to kinko's and rip everyone off, where the hell did that come from?  Honestly, how on earth would I ever get away with something like that, especially seeing as I posted pictures of everything I listed on ebay?  Hell, how on earth would anyone pass a modern photocopy off for a vintage offset item?  I'm desperate for money and I was willing to hustle a new deal (with a 105% refund to the first buyer), but I'm not a damned thief.

Lastly, is there anyone here who I've lied to or ripped off?  Step forward now, please.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:35 pm 

VermilionFire wrote:Well, since the James Sinks auctions went bust, perhaps you guys  may be interested in a Gygax Classic Warface in the shrink, non-TSR rarity Alchemist's Abode...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0036403628

high bidder?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:00 pm 

others no longer available. still live when last looked at

** expired/removed eBay auction **

and more

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:41 pm 

Stinks, you're not getting it...

1. The false offer was to see if you had pulled the auctions for a private sale.

2. I mentioned the POSSIBILITY of photocopies.

3. Bclarkie would never pay that much for your stuff.

4. You've already shown your colors. There's really no need, or purpose, in defending yourself. If you hadn't posted here, you'd have been forgotten in a week.

5. What DID you expect from this forum? Did you think that a handful of rare items and credit on a defunct research page made you a demigod of the collecting world? We are actually relatively friendly and knowledgeable folks, who are put off by profiteers, PDF sellers and the like.

Sooooooooooo.................. since we all have a good idea of who you are doing your off-eBaying with, maybe you should stick to that. Less hassle, and less harassment. I honestly didn't really give a shit WHAT you did, until you came here trying to defend yourself and treating us like idiots. It is an insult to everyone here that you thought your bullshit would fly. We're WAY too smart and perceptive for that. Well, the other guys are.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:54 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:We're WAY too smart and perceptive for that. Well, the other guys are.

I'll second that...the other guys are way to smart for that.  Me, I had no clue, but there's no news in that.  Just trying to keep up, as usual.

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:01 pm 

The Compleat Tavern...20hrs left

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:35 pm 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:

high bidder?

Nice pick up Stephan :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:49 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
Nice pick up Stephan :D

Thanks, Jeff.  A bit steep, but I'll live with it.

Let mirth prevail!

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:25 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Stinks, you're not getting it...

1. The false offer was to see if you had pulled the auctions for a private sale.

You could have just asked, you moron.  Several people did, including at least one person who reads this forum, and I told them all I had received an outside offer.

I didn't expect to be treated a demigod.  All I expected a little common courtesy.  Instead I've been treated like some idiot who needs to be protected from himself, called Stinks (real clever, the last time I heard that one was when I was seven), called a liar, been lumped in with people selling bootleg pdfs, and you're acting like I'm some criminal mastermind here to rip you all off.

Seriously, what's your problem?  What's with the hostility?  Is it sour grapes?  Are you just pissed off because you think I sold it all to someone who's not with the in crowd?  Or are you pissed off because dollar signs flashed in front of my eyes when I mistakenly thought there was a five grand offer on the table?  An offer, I may add, that was quickly followed up by your own little lie offering $500 for Roan Hart alone.

As I said before, I was definitely willing to bend ethically to hustle a better deal, a better deal I thought existed only because of the actions of people on this board, but at no point have I lied to or stolen from anyone, and I try not to treat anyone like an idiot.  Not even you.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:26 pm 

Enough already.  Let's move on.

Bottom line, it's not right to pull auctions off eBay to sell privately.  It is against eBay's rules:

Offers to buy or sell listed items outside of the eBay site are not permitted. Offers of this nature are a potential fraud risk for both buyers and sellers and circumvent eBay's fees.

Some examples of offers outside of the eBay site include:

Using member contact information obtained from eBay or using any eBay system to offer to sell any listed item outside of eBay

Canceling a listing to sell to a buyer who became aware of the item through eBay

Ending a listing early to sell the item at a higher price to the winning bidder

Ultimately, you were wrong to cancel the listings to sell outside of eBay.  It pissed people off and justifiably so.  No need to continue the tirade.  A simple admittance of the error and an apology would have probably resolved all of this.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:33 am 

Yup.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:13 am 

To be honest, I think the part that ebay cares the most about is the circumventing of Ebay fees and their liability.  Don't come cry to us if you get screwed on a bad deal.

I'm sure they have several clauses about selling illegal items such as pdfs that they like to neglect as long as they get their fees.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:47 am 

Can we retire this or move it to the Private Sellers whatever thread and get back to this, the Interesting Items Currently on eBay thread? I need someone to do my eBay searches for me! :lol:

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:54 am 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:Can we retire this or move it to the Private Sellers whatever thread and get back to this, the Interesting Items Currently on eBay thread? I need someone to do my eBay searches for me! :lol:

i quote kosh!!!  :D

(seriously, why dont you move the last section of this thread on a new one?)

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:07 am 

Blackmoor Booklet only 1 hour + to go.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:16 am 

Queen of Spiders.  6 days, 9 hrs.

Seller also has T1-4 and I3-5 supermodules in the same lot, trail maps, GURPS The Prisoner, and a bunch of other common stuff.

http://toys.search.ebay.com/_Games_W0QQ ... oriaguides

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 106 of 114123 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 112113114