Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 2 of 11412, 3 ... 112113114
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:34 am 

After some web searching, I found a post on a music-related discussion forum, dating from '03, about the then-pending sale of the Lame Rekords web domain.  For what it's worth, considering the woody seller's email address is "lamesoundguy", I'm quoting extensively from that post about someone who sounds like he may have been the sound tech for Lame Rekords.  I already tried contacting the poster at the email address at the end, and, not surprisingly, it bounced.  Just a hunch, but the "friend" mentioned in the following post might be the seller of the alleged woody, and he doesn't sound like a reputable sort.

Why are we selling? I'm graduating in December with my degree in Interactive Media. It's programming, web design, and audio/video. My friend is in the Live Sound and Commercial Broadcast degree, so we had a couple of classes together. I had a mixer and microphones for live sound for my band, and he was interested in recording. I told him about some recording equipment and he went out and bought it. When my brother's band needed to record, I asked my friend if he would be interested in using my mics and mixer with his equipment to record my brother's band. That's how Lame Rekords was started. I never really wanted a label, I just wanted to record as programming and web design was more of what I wanted to do, and audio/video was just a hobby. He said his girlfriend was going to help with the booking and promoting and our name was Lame Rekords. The domain was available, so they told me to get it. I was never really big on the K in Rekords. The domain with a C was also available, so I got that one, too. I made 4 designs, and he didn't like them. He wanted me to do four more. His girlfriend picked one and said to quit working so hard. As a label, we weren't really doing anything. We recorded my brother's band and I found out my friend has no idea what he's doing. He never used the recording stuff before. He had it for 6 months and only ever used 1 channel at a time. We're playing around for 2 hours trying to get this to work. He would also want money, just for showing up. He counted the two hours he tried setting up his equipment and wanted paid for those 2 hours. He was taking 80% of the money. All he had to do was show up with his computer, sit there while I set up my mics, then press a button. Then, it came time we needed more equipment. He was making 80% of the money, but magically, he had nothing when it came time to buy stuff. I had to buy everything while he played with his Freddy Krugger hand. Yes, he bought one of those plastic toy hands with the claws on it. He took all the money, I mean all the money, and spent it on food, movies, and toys. He still wanted 80% of the money. Part of that money was going to his girlfriend who not only bought nothing, but also did nothing…ever. Then, he wants to subcontract the work to the audio teacher at our school. He actually told me all he does it puts on 1 effect and then burns the track to a CD. He doesn't spend any time at all mixing or mastering. Just the 1 effect which takes two clicks. There's stuff we recorded months ago that's still not done. He's lazy. He claims it's because he doesn't have any more CD-Rs. He can't afford them. After all the money we made, he can't afford a $10 pack of blank CDs. Recently, his computer had problems and he took it back to the dealer because it was under warranty. It's going to be the first of the year before he gets it back, so we decided now would be the best time to quit. I would already have graduated and probably moving to a bigger city, and even if I still wanted to do some recording, I would probably get my own gear by then. I have no intentions of keeping a label, maybe a studio, but nothing more. This is a great opportunity (if you are starting this by yourself, or at least with people who car) if you are interested in running your own label.

For more info and if you have questions, email me at [email protected]

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:45 am 

Ok- this guy is a bonafide horseshitter....I'm an audio-visual guy who also is a concert technician and that description just stinks of "living in Mom's basement"....the only woody he has is the one jammed in an upside down shampoo bottle.... :? Avoid that particular auction like the plague....

Bree-Yark!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:24 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/TWO-SEALED-DUNGEONS ... dZViewItem

Couple of in shrink MC expansions. But check the sellers feedback. Anyone can have a few negs...but when they go to private...I'm out.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:26 am 

bbarsh wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/TWO-SEALED-DUNGEONS ... dZViewItem

Couple of in shrink MC expansions. But check the sellers feedback. Anyone can have a few negs...but when they go to private...I'm out.

That seller has 74 different people who left them negs. 8O  This maybe better in the shady dealers thread. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:28 am 

RWilson wrote:the only woody he has is the one jammed in an upside down shampoo bottle....

See, this is one of the things that annoys me about Wilson. He never gives a clear statement about his opinion. Always politically correct.......
Whoever wins the nonexistent woody should of course keep the forum updated.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:37 pm 

bbarsh wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/TWO-SEALED-DUNGEONS ... dZViewItem

The items don't appear that interesting, either.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:01 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:
RWilson wrote:the only woody he has is the one jammed in an upside down shampoo bottle.... quote]

See, this is one of the things that annoys me about Wilson. He never gives a clear statement about his opinion. Always politically correct.......
Whoever wins the nonexistent woody should of course keep the forum updated.

ROFL  :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:46 pm 

Well, us Canadians do have a rep as wishy washy mollies in blue helmets to uphold....heh heh...

Bree-Yark!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:15 pm 

Aparently we also tend to be more observes than posters too.  Both RWilson and I joined way back in 2003 but have less than 100 posts :)  We get put to shame by you US and UK boys.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:55 pm 

Mars wrote:Aparently we also tend to be more observes than posters too.  Both RWilson and I joined way back in 2003 but have less than 100 posts :)  We get put to shame by you US and UK boys.

*cough*  :oops:

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:17 am 

bbarsh wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/I12-Egg-of-the-Phoe ... dZViewItem

Ok not so interesting. But has anyone else noticed how many of these are missing the second booklet. I have two that are that way... 8O

yes BB i have noticed that too - i have one that way. when i got it (it sounded like a full item), the seller didnt even know there was a second booklet!!

shame really as its such a very cool mod.

Alan

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:20 am 

Mars wrote:Aparently we also tend to be more observes than posters too.  Both RWilson and I joined way back in 2003 but have less than 100 posts :)  We get put to shame by you US and UK boys.

mars...thats easily rectified. just follow the rule of Draco76.

all you need to say in a post is...

LOL

and voila!

Al :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:16 am 

StinkyToes wrote:Feedback rating of five, with or without any negatives?  Username "lame records"?  Uh.  I think most of us can see this one coming from a ways down the road.

My goodness! There's a brand-new eBay user bidding on this. And with the name of "acaeum." Isn't that amazing?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:55 am 

ExTSR wrote:
StinkyToes wrote:Feedback rating of five, with or without any negatives?  Username "lame records"?  Uh.  I think most of us can see this one coming from a ways down the road.

My goodness! There's a brand-new eBay user bidding on this. And with the name of "acaeum." Isn't that amazing?

Yeah, I noticed that too.  The seller may be about to get hammered, or the buyer might not want to look silly to the rest of us.  I just hope the winner lets us know how it turns out.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:17 am 

bombadil wrote:
ExTSR wrote:

Yeah, I noticed that too.  The seller may be about to get hammered, or the buyer might not want to look silly to the rest of us.  I just hope the winner lets us know how it turns out.

I just assumed it was one of the members here too, I was just more surprised that the name had never been taken by another member earlier for the same reasons.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:57 am 

well it isnt me :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:05 pm 

The copyright-infringement paperwork is being faxed into eBay this morning.  Hopefully the auction will be cancelled, but I suppose you never know with eBay.

Foul

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:09 am 

White Tractics plus other stuff:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

A little over 3 hrs to go and currently at $25

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 2 of 11412, 3 ... 112113114