Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 93 of 114123 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 112113114
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:00 pm 

Bah...  They just had to be an iSoiledIt auctions...

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:32 pm 

** expired/removed eBay auction **

resellers lot

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:24 am 

Did anyone ever play a game of Time Master?  And, if so, did anyone ever play a second game of Time Master?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:24 am 

A first print GW softcover Monster Manual:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0029154851

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:36 am 

NetRodent wrote:A first print GW softcover Monster Manual:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0029154851

Hey! The Type III demon has a different drawing than on page 18 of my fifth print MM. The other drawings on that page look the same.

That change is not listed on the Errata page:

http://www.acaeum.com/library/errata_mm.html

Anybody notice any other undocumented changes?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:45 am 

A first print GW softcover Monster Manual:

What is it with us English and covering our books with sticky plastic?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:04 am 

zhowar wrote:
Hey! The Type III demon has a different drawing than on page 18 of my fifth print MM. The other drawings on that page look the same.

Good catch!  Its different than the drawn in my 3rd print MM too.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:57 am 

gyg wrote:
What is it with us English and covering our books with sticky plastic?

Blue Peter.  :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:09 am 

My 1st print is the same as the one in the auction. 2nd print changes the drawing.

Good eye Zhowar.

Mike

Therapy-level collector

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:15 am 

zhowar wrote:

I thought we knew that already.  :?

The photo is switched between the 1st/2nd US printings.  I'm not sure when the change occured in the UK printings, likely the same.

YIM  

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:24 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:I thought we knew that already.  :?

The photo is switched between the 1st/2nd US printings.  I'm not sure when the change occured in the UK printings, likely the same.

I didn't know that - and nothing turns up in Forum searches. So who's this "we" you are talking about? :D Oh wait, it's the folks who actually own a 1st print MM. :wink:

I've been interested in print differences lately, but I have yet to acquire any early print hardbacks (other than DDG). The "information junkie" in me likes knowing the print difference details, but the "monk" in me resists owning two copies of substantially same book.

So...deimos, are there any other drawings that were switched after the 1st print?

The MM errata/revision page I linked above has at least one other error/omission - it lists Ape (Gorilla) as having a picture added by the Third print. Yet Ape (Gorilla) doesn't have a picture in my 5th - I assume that it is supposed to say Ape, Carnivorous.

An interesting trivia tidbit is that the pictures added in the 4th print are all by Jean Wells (well at least Eye of the Deep, Otyugh and Rat (Sumatran). The artist for Fungi, Violet is not clearly labeled).

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:34 pm 

zhowar wrote:The MM errata/revision page I linked above has at least one other error/omission - it lists Ape (Gorilla) as having a picture added by the Third print. Yet Ape (Gorilla) doesn't have a picture in my 5th - I assume that it is supposed to say Ape, Carnivorous.

Yep, I brought up that in the past and someone answered it is actually the Ape, Carnivorous.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:01 pm 

zhowar wrote:I didn't know that - and nothing turns up in Forum searches. So who's this "we" you are talking about? :D Oh wait, it's the folks who actually own a 1st print MM. :wink:

Well, I discussed this with someone in the past year or so... it may have been in PMs, as I can't find the thread either.   :?  I guess I need to start writing some of this stuff down...
zhowar wrote:So...deimos, are there any other drawings that were switched after the 1st print?

Nope.  Just that one.  I have to assume that either the artist wasn't satisfied with the work, or the publisher wasn't.  The original was DCS, the replacement looks like DCS, but I'm not sure.

Regarding the Ape errata, you're correct.  The errata page requires it's own errata page.  :wink:
viewtopic.php?p=60732&highlight=ape#60732

YIM  

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:29 am 

deimos3428 wrote:Well, I discussed this with someone in the past year or so... it may have been in PMs, as I can't find the thread either.   Confused  I guess I need to start writing some of this stuff down...

Maybe the seller in that auction? I assume they didn't just pick that page randomly to show in the auction. It's a good way to verify a 1st print vs. a 2nd print if "2nd printing, May 1978" isn't enough for you...:wink:

Nope.  Just that one.  I have to assume that either the artist wasn't satisfied with the work, or the publisher wasn't.  The original was DCS, the replacement looks like DCS, but I'm not sure.

Recently, I was comparing the mono C1 (from the RPGnow pdf) versus the color C1, and I noticed that a single piece of artwork was changed. It's illustration #5 (Room 17, Hall of Great Spirits) and both versions are by DSL.  Either the artist or the editor must've decided the original could be improved upon. [The maps inside the cardstock cover of C1 were also completely re-drawn so that North points left in the color module instead of  towards the top of the page as in the mono. Not much change to the content; I think I spotted one sentence that was added to the color C2].

S3 1st print has two artworks (by Dee and DSL) that are replaced by Otus drawings in later prints (this is noted on the Acaeum S3 page).

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:12 am 

Here is something really weird. An AD&D wallet. I notice it has the stock number 6053 and that there is no entry for 6053 in the complete Product List. However, you can see in the photo it says "This wallet is approved by TSR." Interesting.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:18 am 

The stock number is probably Larami's stock number not TSR's.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:44 pm 

The Grand Duchy of Karameikos and The Principalities of Glantri gazetteers going cheap, only $3.99 with an hour left to go.  US only unfortunately.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:24 am 

There was an Interactive Forgotten Realms atlas?????
AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! :roll:

OK . . . . time to calm down . . . . probably not at $85.69 but would be interested (one thing I am interested in is maps!).
Has anyone seen another one, and is there one for the Greyhawk/mystara  world?

A different subject:  Am I imagining things--result of a confusion spell of random length--or was there once a spell called Serten's spell immunity??

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 93 of 114123 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94 ... 112113114