Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 92 of 114123 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 112113114
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:11 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

It could be worse of course, he could have always bid up a beat up Thieves Fortress of Badabaskor to $26.00.  Oh wait that right he did that too:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

:?

I guess I really shouldnt care what other bidders do with their money.  It's just that in my time on Ebay I have made a few dumb moves like bidding up an item just because I wanted it right then and damnit no one was going to outbid me!  Doesnt take a whole lot of time to do a bit of research on the item to find out that I could have had the same thing for $50 less if I just waited a week or so.

I guess I might think differently if I had an unlimited supply of cash or put everything on a credit card.  But I dont...so I dont.  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:24 pm 

Maybe he's gauging the availability of Judges Guild items based upon the nutty prices and short list that have currently marked the JG lists.  Maybe he has not seen the lower prices normally offered.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:28 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:Maybe he's gauging the availability of Judges Guild items based upon the nutty prices and short list that have currently marked the JG lists.  Maybe he has not seen the lower prices normally offered.

I personally think that he is a typical newbie, who bids under the assumption that this is the only time that this item is going to appear on EBay, EVER!

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:47 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
$28 for Fed EX Ground or $50 for USPS Priority mail. :roll:

I don't know . . . I must say that $28 for FedEx seems entirely reasonable - even cheap!  
There are 9 box sets and an MC binder along with all the hardcover books.  If I were selling those, there's no way I could ship for less than $28.00 with the US postal service (note:  box sets don't technically qualify for Media Mail and rather than risk the Postal service opening it and sticking the recipient (and therefore, ultimately, me) with the extra ship charges, I wouldn't even offer it.

. . . Besides . . . when bidding, I just factor ship charges into my whole price and set an appropriate snipe . . . I'm too busy and buy too much stuff . . . I don't even know what I pay for ship charges . . . heck . . . most the time I don't even know if it takes stuff a long time to get to me or gets there quick.  :D

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:01 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

It could be worse of course, he could have always bid up a beat up Thieves Fortress of Badabaskor to $26.00.  Oh wait, that's right he did that too:

:?

maybe i need to throw up a load of auctions quick and point him in that general direction :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:06 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:
I don't know . . . I must say that $28 for FedEx seems entirely reasonable - even cheap!  
There are 9 box sets and an MC binder along with all the hardcover books.  If I were selling those, there's no way I could ship for less than $28.00 with the US postal service (note:  box sets don't technically qualify for Media Mail and rather than risk the Postal service opening it and sticking the recipient (and therefore, ultimately, me) with the extra ship charges, I wouldn't even offer it.

. . . Besides . . . when bidding, I just factor ship charges into my whole price and set an appropriate snipe . . . I'm too busy and buy too much stuff . . . I don't even know what I pay for ship charges . . . heck . . . most the time I don't even know if it takes stuff a long time to get to me or gets there quick.  :D

I will be the first person to admit that I know next to nothing about actual  shipping costs for Fed EX, but $50 for USPS shipping is way OTT.  Even if you didnt want to risk get porked on all of it going media mail, you could easily have them load up all but the box sets for like $6.  The boxed sets could be shipped in at most 3 flat rate boxes at $8.50 with tracking each.  Thats like a $18 or $19 handling fee.  Even if the insisted on sending it all Priority, that would be like 5 Flat rate boxes and a $9 handling fee.  No thanks. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:07 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
maybe i need to throw up a load of auctions quick and point him in that general direction :D

Al

Certainly worth a shot, but for some reason that way never seems to work.  It always end up being someone elses stuff. :?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:09 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
I will be the first person to admit that I know next to nothing about actual  shipping costs for Fed EX, but $50 for USPS shipping is way OTT.  Even if you didnt want to risk get porked on all of it going media mail, you could easily have them load up all but the box sets for like $6.  The boxed sets could be shipped in at most 3 flat rate boxes at $8.50 with tracking each.  Thats like a $18 or $19 handling fee.  Even if the insisted on sending it all Priority, that would be like 5 Flatre rate boxes and a $9 handling fee.  No thanks. :)

Agreed . . . $50 for USPS is way very steep . . . I know next to nothing about FedEx charges either . . . but they are trackable and automatically insured (for at least $100 . . . possibly more . . .).  I figure anything under $30 for a lot that size isn't too bad . . .

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:04 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Looks like epershall may be another one of those gotta have everything, gotta have it now bidders.  He won quite a few auctions by the seller metallian1 that someone was ripping on last week because of his outrageous opening prices for Judges Guild stuff.  Has an odd habit of bidding on an item and then bidding on it again even if no one else has bid.  I've already dropped out of bidding on a couple of items because the prices are about 300% higher than they normally go for.  If the stuff was extremely rare I could understand but $50 for Tarantis?  :?

Got that right.
Bid up a fair share of the recent Arduin as well.

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:57 pm 

Speaking of the devil, Epershall is the only bid on this really nice looking OCE Set:

Guido just put a Jade Hare up, its a little rough:

Opening bid of $7.95

Noble Knight has up another set of Maze of Zayene & Garden of the Plantmaster modules:

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:21 am 

Met Alpha 1st Ed.

(squinting at my screen, I think it is a 1st print as well)

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:57 am 

2nd print Swords & Spells :

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:18 am 

OCE w/ref sheets, no box. going quick and still cheap $30.85 right now.

Why do we always have to attack uphill?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:45 pm 

DGUTS.  6 days, 20 hrs.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:45 pm 

US only, 5th print white box

A Silver Anniversary Set with 6 of the 21st Century mini-reprints

4 21st Centry boxed set mini-reprints

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:36 pm 

Woodgrain, 1st printing?

They have more nice stuff as well.  2nd edition (& 2nd printing?) Chainmail:

Plus a 1st printing Greyhawk:

Weird colors on that one.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:00 pm 

Bah...  They just had to be an iSoiledIt auctions...

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:32 pm 

resellers lot

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 92 of 114123 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 112113114