Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 77 of 114123 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 112113114
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:53 pm 

grodog wrote:
Details, please? :D  I've only got two printings, so far as I can tell.

I know the F numbered set had an edition with a plane white box bottom(1st). The 2nd had the f number but had the picture and info on the box bottom. The 3rd had the new number not the F number. We have had multiple printings of each over the years.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:08 pm 

burntwire brothers wrote:
I know the F numbered set had an edition with a plane white box bottom(1st). The 2nd had the f number but had the picture and info on the box bottom. The 3rd had the new number not the F number. We have had multiple printings of each over the years.

Aha, like EPT.  Thanks :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:40 am 

OCE going real cheap (<$20) with 7+ hours to go....

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Hope I used the right < or > symbol  :oops:

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:50 am 

M&T #1 Lizard Logo in SW...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=014

M&T #2 Lizard Logo in SW...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=014

Both have F stock numbers.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:09 am 

For you UK'ers a sealed Dragon Magazine Archive:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=017

--------------------------------------------

Also different seller (from US), a Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas:

3rd Print PHB described in "Great Condition", but its listed in the wrong category, $4.99 opening bid, no bids and only 10 hours to go:

No pic though. :?

Trobadour Press AD&D Coloring Book:

$20.00 opening bid with 1 bid.  Looks very nice though.

---------------------------------------------

Another Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas, this one is sealed:

Shrinkwrapped B12:

Not perfect, but still solid. $35.00 BIN.

3rd print PHB, Nice looking copy, but also listed in the wrong area:

$9.99 Opening bid, no bids yet.

Reindeergamez repsoned to the Fast_play Diablo II query by putting one up for sale:

Decent looking OCE and 5 supps(reliseted from before because the reserve wasn't met) :

Frost has some very nice Hardcovers winding down, less than 1 day now:

1st Print DMG:

3rd Print MM:

3rd Print PHB:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:55 am 

Seller has some very nice copies of later print supps:

Eldritch Wizardry:

Swords & Spells:

Greyhawk:

Blackmoor:

Gods, Demigods, & Heroes:

Same Seller also has a 3rd print Blue Basic Rulebook:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:09 am 

bclarkie wrote:For you UK'ers a sealed Dragon Magazine Archive:

notice also that the seller is selling a "few more CDs" with the box set that contain more PDFs  :?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:55 am 

anybody able to understand german? i'd found this:

http://cgi.ebay.it/Elvaron-The-Five-Shi ... dZViewItem

and i wonder what it is...  :?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:11 am 

aia wrote:anybody able to understand german? i'd found this:

Well, it is pretty clearly a music CD..... :?

die CD ist nagelneu und original verpackt

I translate this as:

"The CD is unopened and in its original package."

mache Lieferung könnte bis zu 14 Tage dauern

I think this says to plan for shipping to take 14 days.

manche Titel könnten eventuel auch kurzfristig vergriffen sein

I believe this says that there are other titles that the owner will be posting.

bitte beachten Sie vor Gebotsabgabe unbeding meine AGB! / Mit einem Gebot bestätigen Sie sie gelesen zu haben und mit ihnen einverstanden sind

I think this is saying that you should do something before bidding...  (I don't know what the acronym AGB might stand for)...and that you should read and understand the terms before bidding.

Aren't the names of the shires from Dragonlance or something?  Palanthas?  Rockholm?  Lerendi?

The cover art certainly has a Dragonlance look to it.  Isn't that Rastlin?

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:31 am 

MShipley88 wrote:
Aren't the names of the shires from Dragonlance or something?  Palanthas?  Rockholm?  Lerendi?

not properly... most of the tracks are the exact title of the d&d gazetteer series...
rockhome, ierendi and son on...

btw, tnx for your translation!

(i still don't understand what's on sale!)

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:31 am 

http://www.elvaron.net/fr/infos_fiveshires.htm

Little Googling there.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:38 am 

and thanks to babel, the french description on the page

"After its conquest of the world thanks to its alliance with the malefic forces, Raistlin is withdrawn in its field: the tower of Palanthas... The Five Shires recalls the history of a long voyage of three characters (an elf, human and a dwarf) who will cross the regions of their world failing in the search of Raistlin in order to avenge theirs. The song "The Five Shires" is divided into seven parts just as the album (divided into seven songs). The "Prelude" is an introductory beach preparing our companions with the voyage. In "The Kingdom Of Lerendi" the three adventurers cross the first region; that of the human ones. They almost all are decimated and the rare survivors do not have any more a hope. It is here that the human one will promise to its people to avenge it. "The Elves Of Alfheim" (instrumental) recalls the crossing of the kingdom of the elves. By chance for their race, the elves live in the forests and can easily hide and this is why the armies of Raistlin did not decimate them. Our three adventurers are accomodated like brothers, a festival is given in their honor. Then it is the departure for the kingdom of the dwarves. In "The Dwarves Of Rockhome" our companions will see people of slaves working in the mines and forging weapons for Raistlin. It killed them but not reduced in slavery; the three heroes are too little to deliver people and thus will carry on their road. The following region is that of the gnomes. It is erudite but strange people; they spend their time manufacturing machines of which they are unaware of the utility and are always occupied without never being so that they make. In "The Northern Reaches" (instrumental) our companions will meet them and learn the setting in rout from the soldiers of Raistlin thanks to all their inventions and other machines which pushed back the enemy. In "The Orcs Of Thar" the adventurers will be made take by the orcs; populate wild and sanguinary to the orders of Raistlin but thanks to their agility and to the magic spells of the elf, they will escape and arrive for the tower of Palanthas. The "Finale" is an instrumental postlude recalling the emotions of the three adventurers after this testing voyage. "The Tower Of Palanthas" tells the arrival of the adventurers to the tower of Raistlin; the landscape in the neighbourhoods is devastated and the tower spreads its threatening shade on all the valley. Arrived inside, they fall into a trap but finally succeed in reaching the laboratory of Raistlin where a mysterious door is held of carved and decorated stone heads of dragons. With through this door, our companions see another world in which a large war prepares. In "Beyond The Gate" they prepare to cross this door but hope for right capacity one day to return on their premises. "Bloodstone Land" introduces our three adventurers and the hope which animates them and gives them the force to continue to fight to avenge their wives, their friends and their children assassinated by the armies of Raistlin. "The Quest For Alifaar' S Door" plunges us in this other world in which chaos extends its capacity. The council of the magicians of Ravenland decides to send two warriors in the search of a wizard named Alifaar which is on the point of awaking a demon of the name of Menedhen. They are unaware of whereas Alifaar and Raistlin are only one and even nobody and that they defend the door connecting the two worlds between them. After a passage to the inn of Karling, the two warriors get under way. In "Killianor' S Sight" the two warriors leave the inn and during their voyage they will be confronted with a band of orcs. After a hard combat, they will collect a young gnome captive of the orcs which wanted to conceal its invention: a quite strange machine. One of both warrior named Maltaar thinks of his people which is likely to be exterminated and of his liked well Killianor. "The Rope" is a different song bus it does not form part of the history. It is a homage to a friend deceased."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:38 am 

From Amazon:

ELVARON is no doubt about it one of the best Progressive heavy-metal and trash influenced band that France has ever issued. Recorded in 1997, "Mages Battle" proves to be simply excellent. Second album of that band, "The Five Shires" is a splendid 70 minute-concept-album issued three years later on the label Thundering. A rare musical diversity that is based both on the technical and heavy guitar parts as well as an exceptional melodical fluidity. "The Five Shires/The Call Of The Black Dragon" is the reissue of that opus, with a second bonus-CD added and a new cover-art. Not to be missed !

Lance

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:33 pm 

aia wrote:
not properly... most of the tracks are the exact title of the d&d gazetteer series...
rockhome, ierendi and son on...

btw, tnx for your translation!

(i still don't understand what's on sale!)

It is rock music, aia.

This band has been influenced by the Dragonlance modules and they made songs about them.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:20 pm 

Marlith wrote:M&T #1 Lizard Logo in SW...

M&T #2 Lizard Logo in SW...

Both have F stock numbers.

I know the lizard is better than the Wizard but what is the importance of an "F stock number"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:22 pm 

Damn, I really hate it when I bid on shit I don't really want to buy.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:27 pm 

Oscar Goldman wrote:
I know the lizard is better than the Wizard but what is the importance of an "F stock number"

The number itself isn't so important, but it's one way of distinguishing first/early prints from later ones.  In some cases, the only way.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:28 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:The number itself isn't so important, but it's one way of distinguishing first/early prints from later ones.  In some cases, the only way.

Deimos, thats not Oscar Goldman, thats Marlith. :roll:   Thats right he created a seperate ID to 1st rat out some AG auctions I was bidiing on back in June so he would take any heat for ratting them out. He is now posting under that name becuase he bid on the M&T sets but he really doesnt want them now becuase of the unfreindly payment terms by the seller.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 77 of 114123 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 112113114