Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 74 of 114123 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 112113114
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:25 pm 

I still check if they will ship to Canada.  The shipping to Canada is usually not listed even if they do ship here so I always inquire what its going to be  too.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:02 pm 

aia wrote:and auctions like this drives me crazy:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

why should i buy 3 tons of paper just to have the only 2 books worth in it??? (don't even ask anymore if it possible to split the lot... it's useless...)

Actually, when I clicked on the link I thought, "Hey! A nice set and a reasonable starting price!"

But....hit the shipping "Calcola" button and you'll see what the seller is actually up to.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:06 pm 

I wonder if the "US Only" thing just means that the shipping prices quoted only apply to the US.

I have queried a number of UK sellers about similar lanuage and they all say essentially, "Yes, I ship worldwide...but its either big dollars or weeks before you see it."

Point is...they were willing to ship international...just not at the quote US price.

Ask.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:06 pm 

ExTSR wrote:I'm also quite sure that it was shrinkwrapped when new; I have one in that condition.

Yep, it was shrinked, I have a Classic Warfare in that condition too.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:32 am 

a holmes version with counters instead of dice (the last i saw was on sale by frank and it explained in the description that it was called "prisoners edition"):

...and moreover the same seller has "maze of the riddling minotaur" w/pen!!!  :D  :D  :D

6 hours to go for this:

http://cgi.ebay.it/AD-D-Red-Steel-Campa ... dZViewItem

no bids and only 5 USD starting price!!!  8O

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:35 am 

aia wrote:6 hours to go for this:

no bids and only 5 USD starting price!!!  8O

If anyone needs the Red Steel or Savage Coast audio CDs, I can, uh, give you a, errr, backup copy.  I know that the missing CD was a dealbreaker for me when I was searching for those two supplements.   :(

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:33 am 

uhhh... i'm down...

aia wrote:...and moreover the same seller has "maze of the riddling minotaur" w/pen!!!  :D  :D  :D

got a reply from that seller about the riddling minotaur (i.e. i asked him S&H for a combined shipping of 2 d&d modules)... here's the text:

for the 2 adventures its about $21.50 Economy (Surface) Letter Post and about $30.00 Airmail Letter Post both with registerd mail and signeture, if you dont use paypal it's much less, but if it get lost, its gone forever with no refund

i would say that it fits fine in the shady dealer topic... isn't it?  :cry:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:59 am 

Those prices seem fairly close to what I would expect.  I sent a package of 5 modules to the UK and the shipping for small packet with tracking was around $29 from Canada.  This was the cheapest airmail method and tracking was an added bonus.  I think in the US to track a letter post package you need to send it registered mail which adds $8 to the cost of shipping.  But maybe someone in the US knows more about this than I do, I am primarily a buyer.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:06 pm 

aia wrote:uhhh... i'm down...

got a reply from that seller about the riddling minotaur (i.e. i asked him S&H for a combined shipping of 2 d&d modules)... here's the text:

for the 2 adventures its about $21.50 Economy (Surface) Letter Post and about $30.00 Airmail Letter Post both with registerd mail and signeture, if you dont use paypal it's much less, but if it get lost, its gone forever with no refund

i would say that it fits fine in the shady dealer topic... isn't it?  :cry:

With padded envelope it should run $21 I believe if over a pound for airmail but shouldn't need registered mail, etc. My shipments to Italy thru PayPal/Ebay can be tracked - least one that I checked I was able to, haven't tried it with all the shipments to Italy (course that was printing through them, if have to go the the PO I don't know)
'Much less if don't use Paypal' means he's charging handling for Paypal, but the bit about it being lost must mean he's going thru the PO instead of printing out a shipping label (or clueless)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:20 pm 

I figured that "much less if don't use paypal" means that it could be sent by a method that wouldn't be trackable since paypal requires some method of tracking.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:41 pm 

Mars wrote:I figured that "much less if don't use paypal" means that it could be sent by a method that wouldn't be trackable since paypal requires some method of tracking.

uhhh??? really?!?! ...anyway, the usual fee to italy for one or two modules via surface is between 6 and 10 USD...
if you're talking about airmail delivery, the usual fee is 10/12 USD for one module...
sometimes could happen that i pay 15 USD for an airmail delivery... but i've never paid 21 USD for a surface shipping for a booklet of 32 pages!!!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:22 pm 

aia wrote:
uhhh??? really?!?! ...anyway, the usual fee to italy for one or two modules via surface is between 6 and 10 USD...
if you're talking about airmail delivery, the usual fee is 10/12 USD for one module...
sometimes could happen that i pay 15 USD for an airmail delivery... but i've never paid 21 USD for a surface shipping for a booklet of 32 pages!!!

I've shipped a module for $17 airmail to Italy thru Ebay (and which also happened to be the one I checked on with tracking wise - so maybe the usual $8 tracking was included in that price, don't know)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:36 pm 

Really nice looking, and according to our recent poll, apparently rare 5th print White Box set:

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:08 pm 

Entirely reasonable BIN (by recent standards) for an OCE.  It's nice to see some moderation creeping back in.

http://cgi.ebay.com/OD-D-Original-Dunge ... dZViewItem

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:12 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Entirely reasonable BIN

BIN <= box? ^^

(Good to see two digits, anyhow!).

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:19 pm 

faro wrote:BIN <= box? ^^

(Good to see two digits, anyhow!).

Ok, ok, I just posted that to see if you were online, David.  Who had 4 minutes?   :lol:

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:43 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Entirely reasonable BIN (by recent standards) for an OCE.  It's nice to see some moderation creeping back in.

Free shipping as well!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:20 pm 

Hey Folks,

Thanks so much for all your comments & suggestions! Very much appreciated.

Believe you me, I totally understand the benefits of PayPal, and after giving it some thought I set myself up for a paypal premier account so I'll be adding that to the auctions. I need to dig a little on the overseas shipping thing and see exactly what kind of costs/procedures it will require. I do not exactly trust my. local Post Office to know about and/or do things correctly (sad, huh?)

Best Regards
Jeff

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 74 of 114123 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 112113114