Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 72 of 114123 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 112113114
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:44 am 

who is Kaskoid?  :lol:

...is a cartoon character or what else???

and if the price is due to the Kaskoid notes, then i wonder how many notes should be in there:  
** expired/removed eBay auction **

2,5K for a 2nd print...  8O

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:53 am 

Kaskoid => Tim Kask; like it says in the text + Qs & As. :)

obiter wrote:Well someone paid $475 for the 4th ...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1
8O

The "winner" obviously wished to remain anonymous. ;)

(Maybe they saw the $305 for the OCE + supps and carried out a contingent tangential multivariate extrapolation of relative worth in the year 2020.

Took their time to hit the BIN, anyhow ^^).

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:25 am 

faro wrote:Kaskoid => Tim Kask; like it says in the text + Qs & As. :)

The "winner" obviously wished to remain anonymous. ;)

(Maybe they saw the $305 for the OCE + supps and carried out a contingent tangential multivariate extrapolation of relative worth in the year 2020.
Took their time to hit the BIN, anyhow ^^).

Well whoever it is, they certainly have some money burning a hole in thier pocket:

I think that I am going to be sick........

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:52 am 

obiter wrote:Well someone paid $475 for the 4th ...

8O

How does the system work if you make a 'best offer' below the $475 which is then accepted?  Does it lower the value to the actual price accepted or stay the same I wonder?

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:19 am 

When you make an offer, the seller can then accept or reject the offer.  By making your offer it is a legally binding offer like placing a bid so I think if the seller accepts, the BIN automatically gets changed and the buyers name shows up.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:00 pm 

red_bus wrote:I spoke to him back in Dec 05 when he sold one (to wade168) and he told me that he had 'a few' left and was going to sell on every 6 months or so.  Of course, although somewhat reassuring, that doesn't actually prove anything.  :)

The Tsojconth and Fazzle I bought from him (Howard) were both absolutely top notch.  If you want one, this is the guy to get it from.

Let mirth prevail!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:29 pm 

This 1st print 'Classic Warfare' looks interesting, although I don't know if it is much connected to D&D (although it is by Gary Gygax).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

ps. just 3 hours to go...

Let's go fly a kite

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:37 pm 

Oh, and here be a badly described lot that has some nice stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Dungeons-D ... dZViewItem

Let's go fly a kite

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:29 pm 

red_bus wrote:Oh, and here be a badly described lot that has some nice stuff.

there is a reserve on that stuff, he will only ship in the US and doesnt accept paypal either....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:46 pm 

:lol:

I knew it was just a matter of time before someone commented on my "badly" described auction.

Hi, I'm Jeff  :D Said auction person from the above post. Been lurking here for several years. May have even had an account at one time. Don't remember though. Got out of RPGs a few years ago, and now its time to move my stuff.

I know how anal RPG collectors can be, or collectors of ANYTHING for that matter, so I found it kind of pointless to give detalied decriptions in the auction itself. Do I use Acaeum grading? Dragons Trove? How about Aaron @ Noble Knight?  Thats why I said if you have any specific questions, please ask. I meant it. I also meant that none of it was mint or pristine. I'm not a collector by acaeum standards, but I do have a pretty big collection of old stuff from my youth, so I just gave my honest opinion on the condition. Used, not abused...some books have marks, or creases, or a stain here and there.  I *used* this stuff sitting around drinking 50 gallons of pepsi and eating pizza when I was a  kid ;) I think most people would be pretty happy with the condition UNLESS you are looking for mint/pristine stuff. If you want something to use in game, or just have a copy to enjoy without beating up your really collectable pieces, my stuff is perfect for that. Please feel free to ask questions about specific items if you'd like! :D

As for US shipping only. Yup..tried the overseas thing. Too much hassle, as I ship through my place of employment. Management was not happy with me shipping D&D books, and guitars and archery equipment overseas (even though I paid for it).

As for Paypal. I DO have an account. But I'm not set up for paypal credit card transactions. Nor do I want to be. I'm not into paying the fees for CC transactions and most people don't want to pay them when I say I can sign up for CCs if they want to pay the paypal fees. So, In one of my auctions a few weeks back, I mentioned in the description, I would take PayPal bank acct transactions, only. Ebay pulled the auction, said I cannot do that. I either accept paypal fully, or not at all:roll:

As for the reserve, $125.00  on the OD&D lot.

Anyhoo, I just wanted to say "hi" and also say I've really enjoyed this place over the years. Sev years back I managed to track down some stuff that had eluded me by using the collective wisdom and knowledge of this site. Find out which printings I have, etc etc. I love the history of the game/s, but I never was into the whole "collecting" thing per-se.

I've got a big AD&D (1E) lot I'll be putting up soon, so if any of you have any tips on me putting up a better description without spending 5 hours doing it, I'd love to hear your suggestions. Thanks! PS, my digital camera sucks, I'm afraid my pics won't get much better :(

Best Regards
Jeff

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:25 pm 

Hey Jeff - I was referring to your auction title, not your auction listing.  Listing is fine, but for an auction with some interesting stuff, I would steer clear of initials (other than' D&D'  :wink: ) in the title and use terms like 'Greyhawk', 'Blackmoor', '1970s', 'early' etc.. (space permitting).  Rest looks fine and the pics are OK.  

Now that I have posted it here I am sure it will attract a fair few bids  :wink:

Best of luck!

Let's go fly a kite

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:40 pm 

jeffb wrote:I've got a big AD&D (1E) lot I'll be putting up soon, so if any of you have any tips on me putting up a better description without spending 5 hours doing it, I'd love to hear your suggestions.

Suggestion #1 would be 'wait until we get back from GenCon.' Several Acaeum members are attending, and I run the auction. We'll all be back for online action by August 15-16, I'm sure.

As to 'grading'... for more than 20 years I've stuck to simply describing everything, eschewing any arbitrary system of terms, a full description of which is typically far longer than the description of the item. :/ So it sounds like we do it in similar fashion. ;> My regulars are quite accustomed to me itemizing the faults in excruciating detail, because they can trust me utterly. And when I say Mint, no flaws whatsoever (a very rare thing), bidders sometimes go nuts.

For what it's worth...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:45 pm 

ExTSR wrote:Suggestion #1 would be 'wait until we get back from GenCon.' Several Acaeum members are attending, and I run the auction. We'll all be back for online action by August 15-16, I'm sure.
For what it's worth...

I would rather have the items auctioned during GenCon so I don't have to see that "ExTSR" has bid on eBay items before I have.   :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:48 pm 

red_bus wrote:This 1st print 'Classic Warfare' looks interesting, although I don't know if it is much connected to D&D (although it is by Gary Gygax).

Is there more than one printing of Classic Warfare?  I have one copy and just figured there was only one printing.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:05 pm 

Just something to think about, Jeff:

No PayPal knocks a number of bidders out right from the start.  If a seller will not take PayPal it is:

1)  Inconvenient.  :(
2)  Subject to postal whims.  :evil:
3)  Possibly a sign that the seller has other issues.  :?
4)  Time consuming.  :x

Just something to think over...might be worth the PayPal charges, especially on such a large and valuable lot as the one you have posted.  You would probably easily recoup the cost in increased bidder interest.  :)

As for overseas shipping:  

Some of the biggest bidders in the world (and I mean big 8O ) live in England, Ireland and Canada...especially the guys who are interested in items just like your current listing.   Those guys are always willing to pay realistic shipping costs because most of them are familiar first-hand with the costs and issues involved.  They only object when they feel they are being gouged.  If they are regular Acaeum members, you can bet 98% that they will be totally reliable buyers.  (*waves to the gallery* You know who you are.  :wink:)

You might also think about coming to the Acaeum and letting them know about upcoming auctions.  They will help you and it would be free advertising.

Consider.  

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:05 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:Just something to think about, Jeff:

As for overseas shipping:  

Some of the biggest bidders in the world (and I mean big 8O ) live in England, Ireland and Canada...especially the guys who are interested in items just like your current listing.   Those guys are always willing to pay realistic shipping costs because most of them are familiar first-hand with the costs and issues involved.  They only object when they feel they are being gouged.  If they are regular Acaeum members, you can bet 98% that they will be totally reliable buyers.  (*waves to the gallery* You know who you are.  :wink:)

Consider.  

Mark   8)

Three cheers for MShipley88

Cheer
Cheer
Cheer

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:08 pm 

I'd second that.

If there are valuable items, and packing and shipping for international bidders is a hassle then cover your time, effort and materials with a handling charge. As long as it is clearly set out for the international bidders then it's up to us to put up or shut up.

PayPal is very convenient for the international bidder (less time & hassle). It also makes sense for the seller; so it is hardly surprising that many auctions specifically require payment through PayPal from any international bidder.

Anyway good luck with the auction.

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:13 pm 

red_bus wrote:This 1st print 'Classic Warfare' looks interesting, although I don't know if it is much connected to D&D (although it is by Gary Gygax).

Nice win ifearyeti!  :D

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 72 of 114123 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 112113114