Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 67 of 114123 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 112113114
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:03 am 

red_bus wrote:isn't that the one that was sold recently...?

"I hope it finds a good home."

:P

Some things never change, huh?

=> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8799150461

=

"Please add $10 to the total if you have to use paypal."
- Pity the profit margins...

No extra $10 on Tim Kask's 4th print;  
** expired/removed eBay auction **

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:15 am 

faro wrote:
"Please add $10 to the total if you have to use paypal."
- Pity the profit margins...

Ebay can shut down the auction for that little statement.  Why not just charge $10 more for the item?  :roll:

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:39 am 

Beyondthebreach wrote:
Ebay can shut down the auction for that little statement.  Why not just charge $10 more for the item?  :roll:

*makes complaint to ebay cos he feels like it*

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:54 am 

(incoming...)

faro wrote:No extra $10 on Tim Kask's 4th print;  

After several emails to-and-fro with Tim, it's somewhat amusing to see the wrong ref. sheets in that re-auction...

aside: The pics from the original 2nd print auction show faults on the other books, too, in addition to that noted on the current listing. Nothing particularly serious, though, and it's still a very nice set regardless of the profiteering (IMO) BIN "ask".

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:19 am 

What a dick. Who knew this guy was going to end up being the second coming of creep1962. :roll: Puts another moron on my blocked list.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:27 am 

For reference the mark up on the 4th print is even more excessive than the 2nd print set.  :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26fvi%3D1

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:30 am 

Small lot with a Jade Hare included:

No pics however to see if its a potential photocopy.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:35 am 

Wise words on copies of Jade Hare. I know that Cougarrinard is actively promoting the sale of photocopies - i.e. I recently got an email from him offering one  8O , so I would be doubly careful.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:48 am 

So, we should see the 1st print woody back up soon for what, $10,000?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:38 am 

Oh, surprise..... :idea:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0009035595

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:58 am 

faro wrote:Oh, surprise..... :idea:

This shouldn't surprise anyone.  There are very few of these sets, and prices have been spirally upward.  Not so long ago, they used to end at $2700, not begin there.  People are starting to get opportunistic.  

$10k would be optimistic for this year, but not for late 2007-early 2008, by my guess.  My timeframe might be off, but it's inevitable that a $10k auction will occur unless people start bidding more conservatively.

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:08 am 

deimos3428 wrote:This shouldn't surprise anyone.  There are very few of these sets, and prices have been spirally upward.  Not so long ago, they used to end at $2700, not begin there.  People are starting to get opportunistic.  

$10k would be optimistic for this year, but not for late 2007-early 2008, by my guess.  My timeframe might be off, but it's inevitable that a $10k auction will occur unless people start bidding more conservatively.

No look at who is bidding.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:14 am 

It's this sort of idiot that makes it that much harder for those that simply want to collect and not try and make a fast buck, with no intention of the "collecting". :evil:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:28 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:This shouldn't surprise anyone.  There are very few of these sets, and prices have been spirally upward.  Not so long ago, they used to end at $2700, not begin there.  People are starting to get opportunistic.  

I disagree.  There still is a very limited number of folks out there that are willing to spend that much on any single item(or a lot of items for that matter).  The problem that these people always run into is that you can't outbid someone on an item that is that high profile and for that much money, and then 1 month later jack up the price over $500 and expect that same person(s) that you just outbid for the item to purchase the exact same item from you at that much of a mark up.  It just doesn't work that way IMO. :)

A perfect example is our trusty store owner creep1962 and those R modules that he bought and stuck in his store for over 9 months and a substantial mark up.  He was eventually successful at selling them, but at substantially reduced price from where he originally had the listed for.  He won the auction for something ~$670 and finally ended up selling them at a BIN price of $800.  When you take into consideration the fact that all the listing fees he had to pay to put them in his store as well as the several times they went through 7 day auctions without any buyers.  Then when you factor in the Ebay fees when they finally did sell and the Paypal fees for accepting a Paypal payment, I am guessing that he probably netted no more than $50 at absolute best. Factoring in the labor that you have to put in listing the auction/store listing, taking pictures, answering questions, packaging up the items for shipment once they are sold and so on and so forth, there wasn't much profit to be had in the end when you consider everything. Just my $.02. :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:08 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:I'm not sure about divided, but as I've said a few times in the past, it is becoming quite cutthroat. Used to be that when someone picked up a good item, there were congrats and cheers galore. Now it's mostly "grrrrrrr" or "damn it, I missed that one. What a steal" or the like. Seems to be a lot more jealousy and negativity. It's really a shame, if the majority of the members worked together, prices could be cut dramatically, which would really be in everyone's interest.

BTW Frank, I agree with this statement 100%.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:29 pm 

Metamorphosis Alpha...seller alos has some different fanzines....

First three OD&D supplements in one lot....

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:39 pm 

As to the Acaeum becoming more cutthroat.  I am not so pessimistic.  Perhaps it is because I am newer than some to this (and possibly naïve  :) ), but I have notice for example, that people get plenty of support from others when they post asking for help or advice.  If someone posts their lucky BIN of a Chainmail 1st print for $10 then I will be a wee bit jealous -- but also glad that someone here has won it!

As to posting items spotted on ebay, that is just something which you cannot really stop.  It helps the hobby (in ways which others have already mentioned).  Again, if I am watching something interesting (always  :wink:  ) I groan inside if I see it posted.  But then that's the game (and part of the fun).

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:43 pm 

Woodgrain set. I am not sure this is the one others had posted about earlier today or another one. If it is a repost I would ask forgivness but that is never given here  :roll:

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 67 of 114123 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 112113114