Interesting Items Formerly on eBay
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 7 of 1141234, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 112113114
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:57 pm 

faro wrote:
Beyondthebreach wrote:And then, PRESTO! the set is complete.  What is that in cost?  $40.00 for NM items.

I'm almost certain it's not possible to source all those from a single seller in matching (NM) grade at that price.
Or are you offering? :)

*checks again, looking hopeful*

($50, perhaps?)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:41 pm 

faro wrote:
faro wrote:
Beyondthebreach wrote:And then, PRESTO! the set is complete.  What is that in cost?  $40.00 for NM items.

I'm almost certain it's not possible to source all those from a single seller in matching (NM) grade at that price.
Or are you offering? :)

*checks again, looking hopeful*

($50, perhaps?)

Not me . . . it's bclarkie you want to talk to.   :D  

NM is always tough . . . but at least VF in a 10th anniversary set will satisfy most collector's, no?

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:32 pm 

Does anyone know who the winner of the 4th print whitey is?

Nice win, considering it's rarer than a 3rd print woody, especially in that condition.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:14 pm 

bombadil wrote:Does anyone know who the winner of the 4th print whitey is?

Nice win, considering it's rarer than a 3rd print woody, especially in that condition.

*g*. Well, I was after your copy wasn't I, Stephen? And that's in better condition.
Thanks for the welcome back. (Was still waiting to hear 'bout your hobnobbing with Matthiessen & co., btw! Oh, and many thanks for the add to that latest package. Very useful indeed! ;))

Re. relative rarity of 3rd vs. 4th, I was hoping you'd poll for the number of copies owned by Acaeum members ('though 3rds were rarer than 2nds and 1st, IIRC?!).
Anyhow, if more than 5,000/6,000 were printed, I'd be surprised. Certainly no secondary evidence, afaik, for 10k+ far less 25k.
And I've still only seen one early copy without the address label at the back of M&M.

I recognise the ID of the winner, but not been in touch with them: they've been around quite a few auctions I've been after.

=
Congrats on that price Burnie Bros., btw, even if that feels like $100 over the mark, phps? A lesser seller might've been tempted to swap-out the lower half of the box and most people wouldn't have noticed the difference in construction had not you deliberately chosen to show both parts.
(re. which box types appear more frequently with 4ths/5ths, I'm still not sure how many of those have already been mixed-and-matched/swapped around even without any noticeable differential in the prices achieved. Time to batten down the hatches on that, though...? :?)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:18 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:
faro wrote:*checks again, looking hopeful*
($50, perhaps?)

Heh, heh...

*points to bidding list* (Maybe he might be feeling like charging a bit more after that... Sorry, Brian!)

Beyondthebreach wrote:NM is always tough . . . but at least VF in a 10th anniversary set will satisfy most collector's, no?

Agreed!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:25 pm 

faro wrote:
Beyondthebreach wrote:
faro wrote:*checks again, looking hopeful*
($50, perhaps?)

Heh, heh...

*points to bidding list* (Maybe he might be feeling like charging a bit more after that... Sorry, Brian!)

Heh, chalk that up to another bridesmaid for BC. :) Is this making it way to me for forwarding, BTW?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:28 pm 

Oh, and the CCCs have to be loving you these days David. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:06 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Heh, chalk that up to another bridesmaid for BC. :) Is this making it way to me for forwarding, BTW?

Yeah, thought I was the one who used to run up a large number of runner-up positions. More 3rd & 4th places nowadays (and hidden, thanks to the snipes).

No, that'll be heading here direct: cleared that with the seller in advance even though I wasn't sure whether I'd be bidding. :)
Still trying to convince myself there wasn't a third item I had to forward via yourself with little-no notice, but cannot find the email from eBay confirming the message. Much appreciated...

(If CCCs is the TLA I think it is, the answer is "yes" :roll:)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:25 pm 

Don't talk to me about bridesmaid.... the weekend wasn't kind to me. I put in bids on around 10 of ooga-booga's auctions and although I won 3, I was bridesmaid 7 times. I don't mind losing if I'm in the middle of the field somewhere, but being runner-up leaves a particularly nasty taste in the mouth.

I was really hoping to win the character record sheets:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... RK:MEDW:IT

Damn you Bombadil - I checked the acaeum valuation guide before I bid and I'm sure it said $90 was top-dollar for that item. I thought I had it in the bag  :P

I think a lizard character sheets is one of those items I'm destined never to own.....

Regards

Mike

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:44 pm 

mdr003 wrote:Damn you Bombadil - I checked the acaeum valuation guide before I bid and I'm sure it said $90 was top-dollar for that item. I thought I had it in the bag  :P

I think a lizard character sheets is one of those items I'm destined never to own.....

Frank sold his a lot cheaper than that, IIRC.

Don't know whether he held back any, but I certainly wouldn't mind one or two of the "standard" issue types to go with the unlisted variety I've got.
(Neat cover art, regardless of actual "value" in terms of usage!).

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:23 pm 

Metamorphosis Alpha W/6 days to go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Metamorphosis-Alpha ... dZViewItem

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:26 pm 

Metamorphosis Alpha is one of those games that I read about a little in Dragon, but never actually saw.  I have always liked the basic premise.

Wasn't there a short-lived TV series along the same idea...a huge spaceship with the crew in stasis...filled with mutants and odd situations...with one year before the ship would collide with something or other out in space?

No, I do not mean Red Dwarf.

It was called, like One Year, or A Year to Live, or One Year Journey or something like that...back in the 70's.

Anyone else remember it?

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:24 pm 

Lordan wrote:Metamorphosis Alpha W/6 days to go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Metamorphosis-Alpha ... dZViewItem

He's also got a Bio-One up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8787428592

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:54 pm 

Nice UK Erol Otus Basic Set with dice in shrink @ 3 pounds UK:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TSR-Dungeons-Dragon ... dZViewItem

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:54 pm 

faro wrote:Thanks for the welcome back. (Was still waiting to hear 'bout your hobnobbing with Matthiessen & co., btw! Oh, and many thanks for the add to that latest package. Very useful indeed! ;))

Glad you liked it; should make for some interesting reading.  As for Matthiessen -- I'd forgotten about that.  Will follow-up in a forthcoming PM.  :D

faro wrote:Re. relative rarity of 3rd vs. 4th, I was hoping you'd poll for the number of copies owned by Acaeum members ('though 3rds were rarer than 2nds and 1st, IIRC?!).
Anyhow, if more than 5,000/6,000 were printed, I'd be surprised. Certainly no secondary evidence, afaik, for 10k+ far less 25k.
And I've still only seen one early copy without the address label at the back of M&M.

Great suggestion.  I'll try to squeeze some info out of another poll.  Just haven't had time yet to update those rarity tables since the last poll.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:48 pm 

Big mixed lot. Reserve not met w/ current bid of $17.37. Looks like about $30.00 shipping as well, and only to US.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dungeons-and-Dragon ... dZViewItem

Seller looks a little odd. No feedback left by previous buyers? Maybe he's cleaning out his basement . . .

Why do we always have to attack uphill?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:05 pm 

grodog wrote:Nice UK Erol Otus Basic Set with dice in shrink @ 3 pounds UK:
http://cgi.ebay.com/TSR-Dungeons-Dragon ... dZViewItem

Don't tell them all - they'll all want to outbid me! :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:31 am 

Onlondore wrote:Big mixed lot. Reserve not met w/ current bid of $17.37. Looks like about $30.00 shipping as well, and only to US.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dungeons-and-Dragon ... dZViewItem

Seller looks a little odd. No feedback left by previous buyers? Maybe he's cleaning out his basement . . .

This dude wants $59.47 for shipping.   8O

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 7 of 1141234, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 112113114