Titan Games needs YOUR help
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:42 pm 

In no way am I defending TG, but quoting overseas shipping on anything that weighs more than a couple pounds sucks.

Just today I shipped four lousy Dungeon mags using the GPM box and it cost me $23!!!!! This after I used usps.com and got quoted $16? So I got screwed out of the $7 difference. I swear I just sent the same box and weight to Australia and it was around $16. I guess the Dungeon mags could have weighed an extra ounce or two...bang, add $7.

I have been shipping ebay stuff for almost 7 years and international items that have weight are the single worst things to deal with. 95% of the time I get it right. But it sure does suck ass when I get it wrong.

Shipping modules and the like in GPM large envelopes is easy and I simply use a standard charge, usually $10-14 based on location. Yeah, it might be 50 cents too high, but I am not going to mess around with it. Plus, I hate going through the absolute pian in the ass customs form and the extra time I have to stand and wait at the post office because international stuff always takes longer to process.

That said. I never buy anything unless I have shipping costs nailed down in stone.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:52 pm 

Bbarsh,

GPM Variable weight is calculated in 8 ounce increments.  Also, the rates vary per country.  Just by a cheap, $3.00 kitchen scale at Target and go to www.usps.com.  Slap your GPM box on the scale and the items going in it - add 4 oz (or so) for packaging and send an invoice.  When in doubt - overcharge to the next highest class and if it sneaks by at the lower rate, then send a paypal refund for $2.00.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:36 pm 

BtB,

Is your avatar the main evil guy in Time Bandits?

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:40 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:BtB,

Is your avatar the main evil guy in Time Bandits?

That's right . . . Evil.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:43 am 

Beyondthebreach wrote:That's right . . . Evil.

And do you have an understanding of digital watches?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:05 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I mean lets be pretty clear here, Titan Games is a scam, period.

Couldn't myself have better it said.

Honestly, I hope TG did get broken into. I'd be thrilled to see them go out of business. Scumbags like Titan aren't people I'll ever do business with again. It's really dissapointing to hear that folks here do do business with them, even knowing what they regularily do to folks.

I bought from Tonya exactly once, before I was a regular at the Acaeum, and got astoundingly screwed on the shipping cost. I don't recall the details, but I think it was around $12 for a $3 shipping, and the item arrived beat up because the packaging sucked. I'd have stopped doing business with them after the BS "I'm a poor college girl selling gaming stuff to get by!' came to light, but the seriously heinous policies they've got for everything else sealed it.

Like others said, this sounds like just yet another scam on their part.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:10 pm 

Piss on Titan Games and Tonya. Sounds like Kharma in effect. You would think if they took the time to post on here, then maybe they would take the time to actually read and learn something. Total shitbags... I always immediately hit the back button when I see their name on the Auction Page.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:02 pm 

Afrika Corps wrote:Piss on Titan Games and Tonya.
I always immediately hit the back button when I see their name on the Auction Page.

Ditto and ditto. I wish they'd use something distinctive like Coug's "VGC" so that I could avoid their auctions entirely.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:00 am 

I just bought multiple items from Tonya's Swap Shop/TonyAssWapShop.

*ducks*

On a related note, Titan Games/Tit-An'-Games has a new shipping person.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:33 pm 

Are they going to increase the ridiculous shipping even more then?  :roll:

I don't get why people are willing to buy from sellers who routinely screw over buyers and constantly lie.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:20 am 

GraysonAC wrote:
Ditto and ditto. I wish they'd use something distinctive like Coug's "VGC" so that I could avoid their auctions entirely.

You can usually guess Tonya/Titan auctions by the shipping price.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:56 am 

My new update from Titan Games lists a new manager...I wonder if they are also responsible for some of the ludicrous pricing.  That's right, we are back to completely un-researched prices for certain items.  Check out these Call of Cthulhu items:

Terror Austalis (2319) [141858, $75.00, XF]

The Great Old Ones (2321) [141859, $69.00, XF]

And recent ebay auctions for the same items:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

The TSR DA series:

Adventures in Blackmoor - DA1 (9172) [141872, $40.00, NM]

City of the gods  - DA3 (9191) [141870, $40.00, XF]

Temple of the Frog - DA2 (9175) [141871, $40.00, NM]

The Duchy of Ten DA4 (9205) [141869, $40.00, NM]

Always love to see that total disconnect between reality and wishful thinking...it just smacks of completely no research in the marketplace to see what an item would/should sell for, and pricing accordingly (even with a profit helping markup).

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:54 am 

Badmike wrote:My new update from Titan Games lists a new manager...I wonder if they are also responsible for some of the ludicrous pricing.  That's right, we are back to completely un-researched prices for certain items

[*snip*]

Always love to see that total disconnect between reality and wishful thinking...it just smacks of completely no research in the marketplace to see what an item would/should sell for, and pricing accordingly (even with a profit helping markup).

Yes, Titan's prices are often laughable.  Once in a blue moon Titan does underprice instead of overpricing.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:57 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Yes, Titan's prices are often laughable.  Once in a blue moon Titan does underprice instead of overpricing.

Their prices on common stuff are usually very good, until you look at the ridiculous shipping fees.

As evidenced by guys like Creep and Coug, shooting for the moon on the uncommons can, unfortunately, often pay off. Buyers are more guilty than anyone of not doing any price research.

PreviousNext