Titan Games needs YOUR help
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:00 am 

Yesterday, I felt bad for Marcus, Tonya, and Titan Games.  Getting burlgarized is bad.  Losing a personal collection is bad.  And then I moved on to other thoughts closer to me like work, eBay, Half-Price Books' 20% off sale, etc.

Last night or early this morning I had an fscking dream about the whole thing.  I dreamt that I was watching CNN, and this story made the news.  I don't know what triggered the dream, but upon reflection:

Everyone should be thankful that this did not make it onto CNN Headline News.  This was a burglary and not an armed robbery.  No one was working late or driving by the store or otherwise put into harm's way.  The store itself also sounds intact (not torched or overly-vandalized).  The loss of inventory, income, and security is bad, but it could have been far worse.

[Edit:  Cheerleading time:  And do any of you think that Marcus can not find a way to recover from this loss?  I bet he's got a baker's dozen of ideas. ]

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:41 am 

Freud would say that you have secret feelings for Marcus.
You do have a good point, someone easily could have been hurt or killed.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:47 pm 

On a more local note. The economy here in Michigan is the worst of all 50 states. No offense to places like Arkansas and Missouri,  but there is no way in hell we should be dead last.

The relevant point is simply that when local economies tank, crime rates - usually this type of crime - increases. I see the same thing in my business - home building. In good economies lumber theft, filling our dumpsters, etc is relatively low. Right now, it has got to be nailed down or it walks.

Marcus, I feel bad for you. I have had literally thousands of dollars in materials disappear from job sites. It sucks and you do feel violated. Owning a small business in Michigan (with our liberal tax structure) is hard enough. The house in Lansing needs cleaning...it is time for Ms. Canada to go...

Good luck.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:48 pm 

Missouri has two major cities. Kansas is the podunk State you're talking about. No offense here, just hoping nobody goes to KS (like I did) expecting anything major... The two States are kinda like a Greenland/Iceland situation.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:06 pm 

Tharizdun wrote:Missouri has two major cities. Kansas is the podunk State you're talking about. No offense here, just hoping nobody goes to KS (like I did) expecting anything major... The two States are kinda like a Greenland/Iceland situation.

I think bbarsh meant to type "Mississippi."   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:04 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:
Tharizdun wrote:Missouri has two major cities. Kansas is the podunk State you're talking about. No offense here, just hoping nobody goes to KS (like I did) expecting anything major... The two States are kinda like a Greenland/Iceland situation.

Hell.  With the exceptions of Florida and the city of Atlanta (a Yankee city), everything from North Carolina, south and west until Texas is a vast wasteland of rednecks and poor economies.  

Sorry to offend anyone from Tennessee, Alabama or South Carolina.  I hope you and your three teeth are very happy together!

DD

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:33 pm 

Yeah, but I wonder if they shill their Ebay auctions. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:42 pm 

The observations about economy are rather curious. I believe that the only two places that won't complain over their economy are Norway and Switzerland.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:13 pm 

guerret wrote:The observations about economy are rather curious. I believe that the only two places that won't complain over their economy are Norway and Switzerland.

Pretty good up here in the land of snow!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:06 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Yeah, but I wonder if they shill their Ebay auctions. :?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:31 pm 

guerret wrote:The observations about economy are rather curious. I believe that the only two places that won't complain over their economy are Norway and Switzerland.

Because they know we'd smack the crap out 'em if we even noticed they exist.   :lol:   :lol:  Damn neutrals.  Damn Vikings.   :lol:  :lol:

Mark    8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:05 am 

Hey now...

We must all remember that North America was discovered by the Vikings....

Dave, get the barbarian in the corner a drink, quick!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:12 am 

Actually it was discovered by the Homo Sapians that crossed the land bridge...Everyone else just landed there later on and killed/enslaved/relocated those Native Americans (and by this I mean all cultures from North to South America)

Besides..Vikings suck, the only thing they 'discovered' was boats are not kind to them *cough* Love Boat *cough*.. GO PACKERS :!: :D

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:56 am 

Actually, Vikings sailed from Norway and reached Labrador. I think their comment was something like "geez, this place sucks even worse than ours!" and went back, leaving the merit of the discovery to Colombo centuries later.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:06 am 

guerret wrote:Actually, Vikings sailed from Norway and reached Labrador. I think their comment was something like "geez, this place sucks even worse than ours!" and went back, leaving the merit of the discovery to Colombo centuries later.

You see - he always gets the result in the end...  even when you think he is on the wrong track...  :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:18 am 

Packers? My condolences.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:20 am 

Dungeondad wrote:
MShipley88 wrote:

Hell.  With the exceptions of Florida and the city of Atlanta (a Yankee city), everything from North Carolina, south and west until Texas is a vast wasteland of rednecks and poor economies.  

Sorry to offend anyone from Tennessee, Alabama or South Carolina.  I hope you and your three teeth are very happy together!

DD

Bitter much?

"Surely you don't disbelieve the prophecies just because you had a hand in bringing them about?" J.R.R. Tolkien

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:31 am 

red_bus wrote:
guerret wrote:Actually, Vikings sailed from Norway and reached Labrador. I think their comment was something like "geez, this place sucks even worse than ours!" and went back, leaving the merit of the discovery to Colombo centuries later.

You see - he always gets the result in the end...  even when you think he is on the wrong track...  :D

guerret:

In case you are mystified by the above statement...Columbo was the name of a popular fictional detective show from the 1970's.  I can only imagine what actor Peter Faulk sounds like when translated into Italian:

"Eh...uno moro thingo...whereah wero youo whenah the murderah happendah?"    :lol:  :lol:   (Hows my Italian?)

Mark   8)

PreviousNext