Looking for protective bags to fit modules and hard covers
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:29 pm 

I'm looking for a place I can buy protective bags that will fit my box sets and hardcover books.  I have the magazine size I use with my modules and...magazines.  UltraPro or something I get them from Noble Knight, but I can't find them that fit the bigger stuff.  Anyone know a good dealer?

Do they make any bags big enough for the TSR Box sets that the planescape sets came in?

Thanks

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:32 pm 

There's a thread that deals with this, but I don't have time to look it up at the moment.

For hardcovers you need Sheet Music Bags.

For Small Box Sets, you can use Treasury Comic Bags.

I suspect that Life Magazine Bags would work for large box sets as I think they are 12" x 15", but I haven't tried it out yet.

I think the comic-zone is a reliable ebay seller, but I have probably bought from others as well.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:34 pm 

Yeah, 12 feet by 15 inches ought to work for most box sets!   :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:35 pm 

For some reason, the movie "This is Spinal Tap" just popped into my head . . .   :D

measurements on previous post edited

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:11 pm 

There are actuall game collector bags that fit the harcovers perfectly!  I got them locally a few years ago, do not know if the still make them.

J

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:29 pm 

TheElderEye wrote:I'm looking for a place I can buy protective bags that will fit my box sets and hardcover books.  I have the magazine size I use with my modules and...magazines.  UltraPro or something I get them from Noble Knight, but I can't find them that fit the bigger stuff.  Anyone know a good dealer?

Do they make any bags big enough for the TSR Box sets that the planescape sets came in?

Thanks

Bags Unlimited is a godsend.  EVery single type of bag you could hope for, and they have a website to order from..

For which I no longer seem to have the link, oh well, just google the name I'm sure it'll pop up.

Mike b

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:40 pm 

Found Bags Unlimited easily, awesome site and just what I was looking for.  Thanks Mike!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:42 am 

What Mil is best to get?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:04 am 

TheElderEye wrote:What Mil is best to get?

I like the 3 mil.  Better protecton, thicker.  However, most the bags I use for sold items are 2 mil, simply because that's what the comic store down the street has so they are easier for me to come by.  They display better because they are thinner, but the 3 mil give better protection.
 I like the size just a bit bigger than the regular magazine size (8 7/8 x 11 1/8) for items like Chaosium books or the like, they don't fit into the regular magazine bags. I also have a few larger sized for hardbacks and boxed sets (the Life magazine sizes work well for these).

Mike B.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:21 pm 

I like the 3 mil.  Better protecton, thicker.  However, most the bags I use for sold items are 2 mil, simply because that's what the comic store down the street has so they are easier for me to come by.  They display better because they are thinner, but the 3 mil give better protection.
 I like the size just a bit bigger than the regular magazine size (8 7/8 x 11 1/8) for items like Chaosium books or the like, they don't fit into the regular magazine bags. I also have a few larger sized for hardbacks and boxed sets (the Life magazine sizes work well for these).

Mike B.[/quote]

But what is the preferred size for regular modules, say the b-series or a-series? I live in Norway and we use the metric system, and my brain is incompatible to inches and all that  :cry:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:45 pm 

Kingofwendar wrote:I like the 3 mil.  Better protecton, thicker.  However, most the bags I use for sold items are 2 mil, simply because that's what the comic store down the street has so they are easier for me to come by.  They display better because they are thinner, but the 3 mil give better protection.

Mike B.

But what is the preferred size for regular modules, say the b-series or a-series? I live in Norway and we use the metric system, and my brain is incompatible to inches and all that  :cry:[/quote]

I suppose just the "regular" magazine size would be the best option for regular modules.

Mike B.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:04 am 

Ok, thanks Mike! I have a lot of new things to learn here  :D

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:32 pm 

Two questions: should your protective bags be completly sealed, as with a zip-lock, and anyone know of a cheap place to find Mylar in bulk? The price of those Mylar bags I have seen thus far are almost equal the value of your collection!

In search of the unknown...

YIM