I did, but it was the customers fault! 3%       3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 40

Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:36 pm 

bclarkie wrote:just like I predicted amonth and a hlaf ago

Those hlafs can be a bitch. They're worse than fnords.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:24 pm 

I guess my answer would be ...not that I know of.
Every now and again I get a sinking feeling after I have shipped something but it has always just been healthy (or maybe unhealthy?) paranoia.

I think shipping the wrong thing to the wrong place is an easy mistake to make. On the weeks when I have big multiple item auctions I can get confused, especially with two children running around the house.

I have had three parcels come to my address in the last year with other peoples names and addresses. Just run of the mill letter carrier mess-up. When you move volume there are bound to be muck-ups.

As a fun side note my two year old ripped opened two mint miniature blisters the other day...Hurray for me.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:52 pm 

ExTSR wrote:
bclarkie wrote:just like I predicted amonth and a hlaf ago

Those hlafs can be a bitch. They're worse than fnords.

Heh, see what happens when I get irritated, I lose all my typing skills. :oops:  

Okay, okay, I am keystroke challenged even when I am not upset. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:30 am 

I once sent a guy two copys of the same thing. I forgot i'd already sent the first set... oops. Ah well... his son was delighted with double Yu gi Oh cards... so I wasn't that bothered.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:35 pm 

Damn it Clarkie!   :D   Too much discussion about sending the wrong item out and it has rubbed off on me.

Luckily not too bad . . . one buyer got three books and I accidentally put one of the wrong books in his package.  I can easily send out the correct one and I will probably let him keep the wrong one rather than pay return ship fees.

I'm just out a few extra dollars . . . but it is aggravating.  I try so hard to not do this to myself.  :?

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:54 pm 

Rather embarassing, but I had a few packages sent to...myself.  My daughter, bless her beatuful heart loves stickers and became curious about all of Daddy's books.  She showe a lot of interest in looking at some "monster" pics.  Well...anyhow...she asked one day if she could help put those "pretty stickers" (i.e. address labels) on the packages.  It became a routine with us.  Unfortunately, I stopped checking the packages because she did such a great job.  Then, I started getting books I did not order.... 8O .  Being priority, the turnaround...and around was not all that long.  I explained the situation best I could and )I think) all was forgiven....stay tuned...my big D&D auction is coming up this weekend!!!!.

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:18 pm 

otherworld wrote:A few years back, I needed some cash and was forced to sell my beloved R1-4, RPGA1-4 and ST1 modules.  I got pretty good prices for them, but fracked up big time and sent 3 of them by mistake to a collector in Italy, and his one module went to a collector in the US who should have been sent the first 3.  The Italian collector agreed to send them back to me, but they went mysteriously 'missing in the mail'. Then he stopped answering e-mails.  I never got them back, and had to refund the purchase price of the US collector too.  I lost a lot of money as well as the heart of my collection, and for a short time lost faith in the collector community.

In case you're curious, the Italian collector went by the name of 'Loralon'.  Anyone know him?

I got your ST1 in that sell off and I am still very happy with it. It went to a great home and will remain there. Sorry to hear the rest of it went so disastrously.  :(

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:26 am 

scribe wrote:
otherworld wrote:A few years back, I needed some cash and was forced to sell my beloved R1-4, RPGA1-4 and ST1 modules.  I got pretty good prices for them, but fracked up big time and sent 3 of them by mistake to a collector in Italy, and his one module went to a collector in the US who should have been sent the first 3.  The Italian collector agreed to send them back to me, but they went mysteriously 'missing in the mail'. Then he stopped answering e-mails.  I never got them back, and had to refund the purchase price of the US collector too.  I lost a lot of money as well as the heart of my collection, and for a short time lost faith in the collector community.

In case you're curious, the Italian collector went by the name of 'Loralon'.  Anyone know him?

I got your ST1 in that sell off and I am still very happy with it. It went to a great home and will remain there. Sorry to hear the rest of it went so disastrously.  :(

:?:  8O Am I missing something here?  I really haven't got time to catch up with threads.  So, maybe I haven't read a vital piece of the story...

<edit> I did :oops:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:15 am 

its a damn shame when something like that happens. i have had a few things go missing like that, but very thankfully, nothing to that degree of cost or rarity.

with things like that, i take exceptional care because of the financial repercussions of it.

still a shame though that someone would do something like that.

well i always stick to the premise "what goes around comes around"...

he will feel the bite one day.

sorry to hear that though OW. there ARE a lot of good folk around though and you should never forget that.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:13 am 

Fencert (a great guy) has sent me the wrong thing a few times.  He is always quick to fix it up...and he hasn't expected that I will spend the shipping to return the wrong thing.  (Possibly because they aren't exactly high end items.)

Anyway...it happens.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Previous